We have already explained how you can take backup of your android text messages, call logs, contacts, etc. As technology grow peoples are using Whatsapp messenger, Wechat, skype, line message etc. instead of default android messaging clients. However mostly people are using WhatsApp messenger as messaging client.
How to Perform Whatsapp Backup
Here we have explained in few easy steps on How to Backup Whatsapp Chats. Follow those steps to backup Whatsapp message from WhatsApp app.
- First of all, open Whatsapp from your Android device.
- Now tap on options button/key, you will see a Setting > Chats > Chat backup
- You will see Backup button, tap on Backup, so that Whatsapp will automatically backup your messages on your device’s storage or sync it with your configured Google Drive account.
Where to find Whatsapp backup file from android?
Whatsapp will store your backup file on \WhatsApp\Backups folder. If you have moved WhatsApp on SD card, you will find it on your SD card\WhatsApp\Backups folder. If you have the android device that doesn’t have a function to move installed apps to SD card, you can get WhatsApp backup on device\WhatsApp\Backups folder.
You can also email your WhatsApp conversation to your mail address if you want to store it on your mail account, or share the same with your friends if you want.
For your information: WhatsApp automatically makes backups every day at 4 AM and stores them on the microSD memory card of your Android phone.
How to Recover Whatsapp Deleted Chat History
If you have deleted your WhatsApp messages by mistake, and you want to restore it back to your device, here is the easiest way to restore your WhatsApp messages on your device again.
- Remove current version of Whatsapp from your device, by uninstalling it.
- Download Whatsapp again and install it on your device
- When you setup your WhatsApp account, it will ask you to restore.
- It will automatically search backup file from your device and restore it on your newly installed Whatsapp.
If you have configured your Whatsapp to backup it on Google drive, and you are connected to the internet, It can also restore backup from your Google drive as well. Check out the video on How to restore whatsapp backup file from Google drive in just 3 steps.
If you face any problem in that or want to know any more information about that, feel free to comment below.
Source: How do I restore my messages? From Whatsapp