The Samsung Galaxy S5 is one of the great smartphones that offers you amazing features. Along with the features, it also offers you durability, security, and more. But, as we know, none of the mobiles are so much of durable. If some of them, then they are not smart devices. Jokes apart, but, one query that frequently reported by the S5 users is that Samsung Galaxy S5 Screen Flickering. So, to solve it, here we have some troubleshoots.
Fixing Samsung Galaxy S5 Screen Flickering Problem
Here, we are discussing the solutions for solving the Samsung Galaxy S5 Screen Flickering Issue. Before that, many of the users have reported the same issue. Some of them told that the display is flickering rather than stable. When they press the lock button to lock the mobile, the screen goes flickering. Also, when they adjust the brightness, the same thing also happened there.
And, if you are having the same issue with your Samsung Galaxy S5, then do not worry about it more. Because this article will lead you to solve this issue by yourself. To solve the issue, all you need to do is just take a visit to this and follow the tricks. So, let’s start with the troubleshoots to fix the Samsung Galaxy S5 Screen Flickering.
Disable Hardware Overlay
This is one of the most-working tricks to apply when the screen flicker issue occurs. In which, you just have to disable the Hardware Overlay option. To do so, first of all, you all have to do is generate developer mode on your S5 device. To know how to do it, let’s take a look at the below few steps.
- Go to the Settings > About Phone option, which is probably at the end of the screen.
- Here, scroll the display, and you will see Build Number option.
- Now, tap on this option for 7 times continuously to enable the Developer mode on your Samsung Galaxy S5.
- As soon as you are completing the seven times tapping, you will get a message as You are a Developer.
Now, come back to the About Phone display. And, here you can see a new option which is of Developer Options. By this way, you can easily enable the Developer Mode on any of the Android mobiles.
Now, let’s discuss how to disable Hardware Overlay option.
- After enabling the Developer Mode, go to this option.
- Now, by scrolling down the screen, find an option of Disable HW Overlay. You should see a box in front of this option.
- Just tick on that box, and the Hardware Overlay option will be disabled.
Disable Air View Mode
Sometimes the activated Air View Mode also causes such screen flickering issue. However, many users may hear about this word for the first time, Air View Mode. Although it, they all are also using this feature on their Galaxy S5 device. The activation of Air View Mode allows you to see a preview of the content that you are interested.
Let’s take an example of this feature. If you want to see any message even without opening that, then this feature will work. Just hover the fingers around the message, and you can see the whole message with a small display. The same feature also works when you are browsing the Gallery. By hovering near the images, it will show you the pictures without opening it.
In short, it is a good feature to use. But, as we mentioned, it may invite some issues related to screening. At that time, the disabling of it will be beneficial to you.
- Go to the Settings > Scroll down the screen and tap on the Air View option comes under the Motion tag.
- On the next display, at the top right corner, you should see a toggle to activate/deactivate the Air View.
- Just tap on the toggle to disable the Air View feature if it is enabled.
So, by using above easy steps, you can disable the Air View Mode on your Samsung Galaxy S5 with ease that was published by Nanuk Winarno on YouTube.
Remove/Insert the Battery
As a smartphone user, we all need more than 100 percent battery to utilize the device. However, the apps which we are using in the mobile demands more battery power. As a user, you should know that which app uses more battery and which uses less. Even after knowing that, if you still use that app which requires more battery power, it should damage it. So, to ensure the healthy life of the smartphone, you must delete those apps.
Sometimes, the screen flickering may take place due to the less battery. The screen also uses more or less battery power to always on. If the screen would not get enough power to stay on, sometimes it starts to flicker. So, at that time, firstly you should check the remaining battery percentage. If it is running with short of the battery, put it in the charge as soon as possible.
As another option, you should also try to solve this issue by removing the battery outside. Not all the time, but sometimes, it will fix the issue by just doing so. You just need to do is remove the battery from the device. Wait for a while to insert it. Before that, clean the place where a battery is going to be inserted. Then, insert the battery, and start the Galaxy S5. As a wise user, you can also try this removing and insert the battery to solve the flickering screen issue.
Replacement of the Display
The display is one of the most required aspects while using the smartphone devices. Nowadays, various display technologies are available that you will get with the different smartphones. It also plays a major role to attract the people towards the mobile. But, if we are talking about the Screen Flickering of the S5, then what should be the troubleshoot to fix?
However, the Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with 5.1 inches Full HD Super AMOLED touch display. It also offers you high screen resolution to enjoy the every part of the picture. Even though, at the time of Screen Flickering, one of the best solutions is the replacement of the screen.
For that, you have to check that your device is under warranty or not. If it is, then to go to the Service Center and report your issue there to replace the screen. If the S5 is not under warranty, then you can also go to the shop to do so.
Factory Data Reset
In the end, the best option is to perform the Factory Data Reset process on your Galaxy S5. It can be considered as an ultimate solution almost for all the issues comes on the smart mobile. Also of that, many shopkeepers also suggest you this for your little issues. That’s why here we recommend you to perform this Factory Data Reset on your mobile.
Here, we will mention the Soft Factory Data Reset or Hard Factory Data Reset as well. As per your requirement of the solution, you can try any one of them. But, before following the process, you must secure your data from the mobile. As the Factory Data Reset cleans up all the data, you must ensure backup of the data. o, one-by-one here we will mention both the process.
Soft Factory Data Reset
The Soft Factory Data Reset is the process that you can perform without turning off the phone. We can also say that this process can be performed by the software of the device. That’s why it is called as Soft Factory Data Reset.
- First of all, go to the Settings of the Galaxy S5.
- Here, scroll down the screen and come to the User and Backup section. Under this section, you can see the Backup and Reset option. Tap to go through it.
- It brings you on another screen, at there, tap on the Factory Data Reset option.
- As you tap on it, it may prompt you. Say YES to all the prompts, but before that, do not forget to make sure the backup.
Wait for a while till the completion of the process.
Hardware Factory Data Reset
Now, let’s have a look at the Hardware Factory Data Reset.
- Switch off the Samsung Galaxy S5 phone.
- Now, Press and hold Volume Up, Power Button, and Home button at the same time.
- Then, by using the volume up/down key, you can navigate options. Choose Wipe data/Factory reset option using the Volume Down Key. To select it, use the Power button.
- Again use the Volume Down Key to select Yes option. And, then press Power Button to confirm it.
- Now, wait for a while and then, select a Reboot System Now option.
So, by this way, you can perform the Hardware Factory Data Reset process.
We hope that you have enjoyed the full discussion. If it does the job for you, then also share it with other Samsung Galaxy S5 users. Also, let us know your valuable comments regarding the discussion if you have any query related to it.