Think that you have lost your phone or it gets damaged that you are unable to use it anymore. But you still need data on your smartphone. E.g. Your captured photos, contacts, music or any other data stored in your internal memory of your device.
I have seen with a couple of peoples facing such an issue that they have lost their precious photos in such occurrence. You can easily avoid any such problem by backing up your data. Also backing up an Android phone is quite simple and easy. You just need to follow the simple steps to backup Android phone to the cloud.
How to Backup Android Online
Backing up photos and videos is a vital task. Google has it’sits app called google pictures that help you to upload your photos to your Google photo account automatically. You just need to tell your phone to backup, and it will automatically upload your photos to your Google cloud storage.
Backup Photos & Videos from Android to Google Drive
On Google Play store, lots of Android apps are available to backup automatically your all photos and videos to Google Drive. But the easiest way to backup your picture and videos, that is Google Photos.
By using Google Photos, You can backup all your photo and videos from your Android phone. Google Photos allow you to store your pictures on the Google Cloud Storage. But you might be thinking that how to enable an auto backup feature for photos on your Android smartphone?
See also: Best Cloud Storage Apps for Android
Using Google Photos App on Android
To backup your all pictures, You have to download Google Photos app on your smartphone. After downloading app follows these simple steps to enable auto backup of Google photos on your phone:
- Open Google Photos App on your Android device
- Now click on the “Menu” button on the top left side of the screen
- Scroll down and tap on “Setting” option
- Tap on “Backup & Sync” option then turn slider button “ON.”
If you have Android 5.1 or lower Operating system smartphone, then follow these steps to enable auto backup of your photos on Google.
- Open “Google Settings” app on your phone
- Scroll down and choose “Google Photos Backup” Option
- In the Google Photos Backup Section, you can enable by using slider button
If you have Android 6.0 or below Operating System Smartphone, then follow these steps to enable or disable auto backup on Google photos:
- Open Setting on your phone
- Scroll down and find “Google” Option and open it
- Navigate to the “Google Photos Backup” option, and then you can turn on auto backup of photos
Download Google photos app from below.Check more about how to enable or disable google autobackup on android.
Directly upload photos & videos to Google Drive from Phone
You can directly upload you all pictures and Videos to Google Drive using your Android phone. Only you have to download Google Drive App on your phone. Most of the upcoming smartphones are coming with pre-installed Google Drive app on it.
Download Google Drive Application for Android Devices from Google play store & follow the steps bellow.
- Open Google Drive app on your Phone
- Click on “Plus Icon” on the bottom right side of the screen
- Now choose the Upload option, tap on it
- After this, here you have to select “Images” option
- Now Choose “Pictures” from your device that you want to backup
You can follow the same process to upload and backup videos from your phone to Google Drive. However, we recommend you to use Google photos as it automatically does a task for you. While in Google drive, you need to upload the photos or videos you want to backup manually. Download Google Drive app for android from below.
Dropbox – The best backup app for Android
Dropbox is my favorite Android app to backup my photos and videos to cloud storage. It offers 2 GB FREE cloud storage when you sign up with them. Also when you refer someone, they also award you with some free storage MBs on your account. Follow the steps mentioned below, to backup your videos and photos online on your Dropbox account automatically.
How to Backup photos & videos automatically using Dropbox
- Signup for Dropbox for FREE & download it’s Android app from play store.
- On the top right side, you will see a setting option, tap on it.
- Scroll down and navigate to Camera uploads option
There you will have to tap on that option to enable camera uploads. So whenever you take photos on your device, Dropbox will automatically pick your photos on your Dropbox account from a gallery.
Under what to upload option, you can choose either photos or videos and pictures both. Depending on your need, you can select an option from there. On How to upload option, you can select upload these photos over WiFi or data plan.
When to upload option allow you to save battery. You can select at how much percentage of battery, your photos should be uploaded. So you can configure your Dropbox not to consume more battery when you have less.
Backup Your Phone Call Logs
The process of backup your call log is very simple. To backup your call logs, you have to download IFTTT Android app on your phone. In this app, you have to create your backup recipes to backup your data to Google drive.
It supports over 360 application like Facebook, Instagram, Google Drive, Dropbox, Email, Youtube, etc. You can also backup important files, contacts, and photos to cloud storage such as Google Drive or Dropbox. To backup your all Phone call Logs to Google Drive follow these steps:
Use IFTTT App to Backup Phoe call logs to Google Drive(Manual)
Recipe 1: For Any Phone Call Placed
- First of all, Open IFTTT Application on your Android smartphone
- Here you have to choose “My Applets” Section then press “Plus” sign on the top right of screen
- Now tap on “this” option, then select “Android Phone Call” service
- Now it will ask you to “Select trigger,” you have to choose “Any Phone Call Placed” option
- After selecting trigger, you will automatically redirect to applet maker section; here you have to tap on “that” option
- Now Choose “Google Drive” service in service section
- Then select “Add Row to Spreadsheet” option then tap on “Connect” button
- Now follow the onscreen instructions and press “Allow” button to give permission.
- Then press “Finish” button to complete an action.
Recipe 2: For Any Phone Call Answered
Open IFTTT app on your phone and tap on plus sign to create a recipe.
Tap on “this” option > then choose “Any Phone Call Answered” > tap on “that” > Google Drive > Add Row to Spreadsheet option. Now follow onscreen instructions then press “Finish” button to complete an action.
Recipe 3: For Any Phone Call Missed
Open IFTTT app > tap on “this” option > choose “Android Phone Call” > select “Any Phone Call Missed” option > now choose “that” option > Google Drive > Add Row To Spreadsheet option. Follow on-screen instructions and tap on “Finish” button.
Now every time you receive a phone call on your Android smartphone from other or you make a phone conversation from your Android device; The IFTTT app will be automatically backed up. Now all your all call data as a row in a Google Spreadsheet in your Google Drive.
After that, whenever you make a phone call to any number from your Android Smartphone, the app will automatically create a backup data of your phone calls. It looks something like this.
Use Google Account To Backup & Restore Call Logs(Automatic)
All smartphones have this default options to backup and restore call logs on Google account. You can easily enable or disable this option from setting option. Just follow the steps mentioned below to backup & restore call logs on your smartphone.
- Go to Setting
- Tap on Backup & reset option
- Enable that option that says backup my data
So whenever you place a call, missed a call or receive any call, it will automatically store to your Google account. When you factory reset your phone or switch to new Android phone, you just need to configure your existing Google account with that device. All your phone call logs will be automatically synced with a new device without any backup or restore.
Backup Text Messages from Android to Google Drive
Backing up your Text messages is similar to how you backup phone logs. To backup your all text messages, only you need an IFTTT application on your Android device. Now follow these simple steps to backup your all text messages from your Android smartphone to Google Drive.
- Open IFTTT Application on your Android phone, Then tap on “Plus” sign to create recipe
- Now select “This” in applet maker section
- Here you have to choose “Android SMS” option and choose “Any New SMS Received” trigger
- Now tap on connect button and choose “That” option
- Select “Google Drive” from service section then choose “Add Row to Spreadsheet” option
Now follow onscreen instruction and tap on Finish button to complete an action. You can also create a new spreadsheet for send messages, using the same method.
Make Use of SMS Backup App
This is a very simple Android app that lets you export your SMS messages as a text file. You can export SMS backup on your SD card, Dropbox, Google drive or on Gmail account.
You also have the option to include or exclude inbox, sent or all SMS to be backed up. The restoration process is also quite easy. You just need to click on the exported file and restore process will do it’s task automatically. You can download this app from below.
Some peoples are using notes on their device to store their passwords or something that they want to remember. Here you will see how to backup notes using Google Keep.
On Android phone, the Built-in Notes app does not backup your notes anywhere. But if you still want to backup notes and documents to Google account, we have a solution. You just need to download and install Google Keep on your Android phone.
Google Keep stores your notes on your Google account. It automatically backup every note you make in Google keep. These notes are synced across all your device so that you can access it from computer, smartphone, tablet. You don’t have to worry about it, just log in to your Google account and get your notes from wherever you are. Only you have to download Google Keep App on your Android. Download Google keeps from below.
Backup Music & Audio Files
Google Music Manager allow you to upload your favorite Music or songs from your computer to your Google Play Music. You can upload over 50000 songs and also listen on your mobile whenever you want. You can stream your favorite music on your Android TV, Computer, or other Android device. To upload your music, you need to use your PC.
- First of all, Open web browser on your computer and go to the Google Music Manager Download Page
- Follow onscreen instruction to complete the process
- Then complete the installation process to install Google Music Manager on your computer.
After downloading Google Music Manager on your computer. Follow these steps to setup up music manager:
- Open Google Music Manager app on your PC
- Now log in with your Google Account details and then select the location your music location (here you have to select Country)
- Follow onscreen setup instructions to complete the action.
After Setup, How to Upload Music on Google Music Manager
- Open Music Manager App on your PC
- Now Select “Upload” tab, Click on the “Add Folder” button to browse and choose music.
- After choosing music, click on “Upload” button to complete this.
Backing up contacts of your phone to Google Cloud Storage is the very straightforward process. By using this method, your phone will backup your all contact automatically. Only you have to enable auto backup from your phone settings.
To enable auto backup on your Android phone, follow these simple steps:
- Open-Built in Contact app on your phone
- Click on three dotted “Menu” button on the top right side of screen
- Choose “Accounts” option,
- Here you have to select “Google” option
- In the Google option, Choose Account you want to use for backup
- Now find and enable Contacts option using slider button
So from now all your contact will be synchronized to your Google account. While saving a new contact to your phone, you will be asked where you want to save this new contact. e.g. Phone storage, memory card, Google account, etc. Select your default Google account while keeping a new contact on your phone.
Need more help in backing up your android smartphone? Check out below video for more details.
Should You Backup Android Phone?
Unfortunately, you should, however, it is not necessary. But to be on safer side, all of us should have a backup of our data. So as if we lose our mobiles or it gets damaged, we can have our data with us. Using backup solution provided above will help you not to worry about losing our sensitive data.
Do let us know what do you think about backup Android phone to the cloud. Is it necessary for you? Share your comment below with your personal experience. We would love to hear from you.
- 1 How to Backup Android Online
- 2 Backup Photos & Videos from Android to Google Drive
- 3 Backup Your Phone Call Logs
- 4 Backup Text Messages from Android to Google Drive
- 5 Backup Notes
- 6 Backup Music & Audio Files
- 7 Backup Contacts