As per we know that Nowadays, all the Android powered smart phone devices and tablet devices come with lots of features and many of sensors. All the features of the Android devices work very well. But sometimes, due to some mistakes or some errors, some features of the devices works not a right way. Most of the new users of Android devices have faced this problem.
Now, this article is related to the problem which is mentioned above. This article is related to the Fingerprint Scanner problem of Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone. If you have Galaxy S5 device and its Fingerprint Scanner not working well, then you will get a solution to it from this article. Here, we will describe 3 methods of solution of Fingerprint Scanner problem. So now, take a look at the solution and applied it to your Samsung Galaxy S5 smart phone device.
Method 1: Delete all the Cache from “Fingerprints” app
This process is one of the so easy to perform, and it will really give an effective solution. In this method, you have to clear all the Cached data form Fingerprints app. Now, we will mention step-by-step instruction for this method.
- First of all, select the “Application Manager” option by going into “Settings” of the smart phone device.
- After going there, swipe the display till you have shown an option of “Fingerprints“.
- Then now, click on the option of “Force Step“, which is located at the top of the page.
- Press “OK” for any prompts.
- After that, tap on an option of “Clear Cache“.
After performing all steps which are mentioned above, luckily your smart phones Fingerprint scanners will work.
Method 2: Delete all the Data from “Fingerprints” (Applicable only for a Rooted device)
This Second method is only applicable for that devices and users, whose Galaxy S5 smart phone device will be Root. So now, we will mention some easy step-to-step instructions for the method.
- To get started, first of all, download the “Titanium Backup” app from the Google Play Store.
- After downloading the “Titanium Backup” app, now open and run this app.
- Select the Backup/Restore tab and find a there “Fingerprints” app.
- After finding that app, tap on the option of “Wipe Data” and select “OK” for prompts.
After performing above step-to-step instructions, you will be able to use the “Fingerprint Scanner” on your Samsung Galaxy S5 device.
Method 3: Factory Data Reset
Your Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner is not working well even After performing the all 2 methods mentioned above; then this 3rd method should solve your problem. By implementing this approach, may be your personal data or files losses. So, make a backup for your data or save that all files in your devices SD card or an external drive. So now, perform this method with the help of the procedure mentioned below.
- To start, choose an option of Backup and Reset by going into “Settings” menu of the device.
- Now, tap on the sub menu which is named by” Factory Data Reset“.
- Then, ticked on Format SD card to format memory card and then tap on “Reset Device”.
- In next step, you will see the “Delete All” button. After selecting that option, all of your data or files will be deleted from your device.
After followed above steps, your problem of “Fingerprint Scanner” may be solved.
We hope that this article will be helpful to you to solve the “Fingerprint Scanner” problem of Samsung Galaxy S5 Android smart phone.If you still facing the issue in fingerprint scanner on your Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone, feel free to comment in the comment section below.