Nowadays, all the Android smartphone devices are coming with the pre-installed software. In which, some pre-installed apps or software are useful, while some are not. The pre-installed apps are also known as Android Bloatware.
However, any pre-installed apps may not be useful to the Android users of a particular manufacturer. Most of the android users have also complained regarding the bloatware on their device. That’s why most of the users are want to remove the bloatware from their phone. So, here we will be discussing how to remove Bloatware on Android Without Rooting.
Don’t bother yourself by having Apps that slow down your phone or consume your internal storage and learn how to disable and delete preinstalled Apps with ad Without root.
One of the worst nightmares for Android phones users is the preinstalled Apps. Since the companies who are manufacturing smartphones have started creating their own user experiences like TouchWiz from Samsung which is now One Ui, MIUI from Xiaomi, EMUI from Huawei and others, they have forcedly added many useless applications on our phones that we may not need at all with no ability to remove them.
Preinstalled Apps may be music players, internet explorers, cloud services or others, and these all Apps cannot be removed nor uninstalled the same way you delete or uninstall an application that you have installed by yourself.
What is Android Bloatware
The bloatware is a bunch of apps that come pre-installed with the Android device we buy. Most of the pre-installed apps or bloatware are non-useful. They are quietly taking up space in the storage memory of your android mobile. Sometimes they are running in the background without any kind of knowledge. The bloatware is one of the main reasons behind the battery draining of your android device.
So, for all the android users, it is required to remove all the bloatware. To do so, you have to follow the procedure we are mentioning below.
Why Would You Need to Delete Preinstalled Apps?
Along with their annoying existence, Preinstalled Apps consume a huge amount of your internal storage which prevents you from installing or downloading the applications you really want or even takes some pictures with your friends.
Along with the storage, most of these Apps consume also a huge amount of your random storage which is known as RAM, and this results in slowing down your phone which is really annoying too.
Also, and this might be another bad effect of having preinstalled Apps on your phone, they collect your data in the background without your permissions, and many times they don’t contain the functions and features you want even if you really want them which forces you to install like two camera Apps on your phone to get the night mode while recording a video because it doesn’t exist in the main camera App that comes as a pre-installed App on your phone.
These all reasons and more are enough for you to search for a method to delete preinstalled Apps from your phone and to get rid of them all, and that’s why I’m writing this article.
In the upcoming lines, you will learn how to disable or delete preinstalled Apps on Android in case you have rooted your phone and in case you haven’t.
How To Remove Bloatware on Android Without Rooting ?
There are many ways to remove the bloatware from the Android smartphone. From which, most of the tricks must be required the mobile phone with the root access. But, here we will discuss a method which does not require root access of the device. In which, we are doing this trick by using a Debloater tool.
With the help of the Debloater, you can remove any pre-installed apps or bloatware apps on your device. You will also be able to decrease the impact of that bloatware on the device. To completely remove the bloatware, the device must have root access. Also of that, the android users up to 4.4 KitKat OS, they must be rooted in their device.
So, now take a look at the discussion and keep removing the bloatware from your Android device.
- First of all, download the Debloater tool on your PC with its latest version. You can download Debloater Tool to Remove Bloatware forms the device with the version 3.90
- Before the installation of this tool on the PC, you must have to connect the device to the PC. With the help of a standard USB cable, you can simply connect the device to the PC. It is required doing to install the tool drivers on the device.
- After making a proper connection between the PC and device, you are free to install the software on the PC.
- Then, turn on the “USB Debugging“ option from your android smartphone device. To do so, go to the Settings >> Developer Options >> USB Debugging option. Here, tick the box to turn on. ( If you are not able to find the Developer Options on your device, then perform one more task. Go to the Settings >> About Device. In the About Device, here you should see an option of Build Number. Now, tap on that option for Seven times continuously. It will bring up the Developer Options for you. After following the task, the Developer Options will be added thereinto Settings of the device.)
- After generating the developer options and turning on the USB Debugging mode, wait a bit. The PC will send a message to your device as RSA key fingerprint. To allow USB Debugging mode, you have to confirm this action of the PC. To keep the things stable, you can also tick the option of Always allow from this computer.
- After doing above process, now you should have to launch the Debloated tool on your PC. At the time of launching of the tool, you may see a notice. The notice is about the what kind of app deletion process your android device supports. You have to confirm this action of the tool.
- With the confirmation, you should see the connection to the PC and mobile at the lower left corner. Here, you can also check the device status to the software. You will be able to check the connection and sync of both the devices. It is indicated by the green light in front of the each tag.
- Now, go to the Read Device Packages option by going into the Activity Status option. You can find the Activity Status option on the top left of your display. This option will show you the list of all the APK files on your device. Now, here you should need to recognize the installed and pre-installed apps. So, before deleting anything, take your time to select the proper bloatware.
- After finding the bloatware files that you want to remove, select those files by ticking the checkbox.
- Then, click on the apply button to finally delete the file from the device. It will start to deleting the files.
So, by using above procedure, you can easily delete the bloatware from your android phone. You can also perform this trick to delete other files. Once after you delete the APK files, you will not see those files again in your app drawer. If you make any mistakes while following the procedure, you can also unlock the bloatware packages. To do so, you have to use an option of Unblock All Packages. Before using the app on the device via do not forget to turn on the Unknown Sources option.
Check the video below published by xdadevelopers for more details that explain how to use Debloater on a rooted device.
So, here we have discussed that How to Remove Bloatware on Android Without Rooting. In which, we have described the easy process of deleting the bloatware.
We hope that this discussion of Remove Bloatware on Android Without Rooting will be very helpful to you. If you seem that this is a helpful description for the Android users, use it on your device.
Disable Pre-installed Apps without root
The first option you have if you don’t like to root your phone is to disable preinstalled Apps, this is the only available option on any preinstalled application’s page as the uninstallation option is disabled.
This will allow you to disable them and stop them from running in the background all the time, along with protecting your personal data, until you decide to re-enable them again or factory reset your smartphone.
So, to disable preinstalled Apps on Android, all you have to do is to open your phone’s Settings, click on Apps or Applications Manager and click on the application you want to disable.
Once you get into the application’s page, you will find a Disable button, click on it to disable this annoying application for good.
Delete Pre-installed Apps without root
If you want to completely remove preinstalled Apps from your Android smartphone and you still don’t want to root your phone, then you might find the solution here.
Using the Android Debug Bridge (ADB), you will be able to completely delete preinstalled Apps on your Android phone by using the commands sent by your PC.
The first thing you have to do to perform that is enabling the USB Debugging mode on your Android phone, and you can easily do this by opening your phone’s Settings, clicking on About Phone, find Build Number and tap on it SEVEN times continuously.
After doing that, you will get a message telling you that you have become a developer, and now you can go back to the main Settings screen, scroll down until you find Developer Options and click on it.
In the Developer Options page, scroll down until you find USB Debugging, switch it on and now you have enabled receiving commands from Android Debug Bridge on your phone.
Now, after connecting your phone to the PC, open the C drive and you will find a folder called ADB, open it, hold the SHIFT button on the keyboard, and right-click on any empty area.
You will find an option called Open Command Window Here, click on it and type adb Devices so your PC recognizes and shows you the ADB devices connected to it.
After seeing your phone’s name, type adb shell and just like the previous one, click on Enter. Then, type this command after changing the OEM into your phone’s manufacturer name, carrier and App Name to what suits you.
pm list packages | grep 'OEM/Carrier/App Name'
After typing this command and clicking on Enter, you will see the preinstalled Apps’ packages, and to uninstall preinstalled Apps, type this command after changing “App-Package” to the package name of the preinstalled application you want to remove:
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com. App-Package
Like: pm uninstall -k --user 0 com. samsung.camera
After executing this command by clicking on Enter, you will not find the preinstalled application that you have uninstalled anymore on your phone.
Delete Pre-installed Apps on Android with Root
The second option you have to uninstall preinstalled Apps on Android is by rooting your phone, as rooting it gives you many permissions and uninstalling preinstalled Apps is one of them.
There are many methods to root your device, and there might be a method for each phone, but via the Rooting category in The Android Portal, you will surely find the best method to root your phone whatever it is.
Note: Rooting your phone might void your warranty as many companies consider it as breaking the official system.
Once you have finished rooting your phone, you will be able to disable or uninstall preinstalled Apps on your Android phone without any of the above steps.
Preinstalled Apps are some of the worst things you might face while using an Android phone, especially when you get a phone from a company that includes Ads in their system and applications.
Luckily, there are some methods to get rid of them all, and they are all explained above so you don’t have to search for any other method to disable or uninstall Preinstalled Apps.
Don’t hesitate to share this article if you found it useful with your friends and family, and keep yourself up-to-date by following The Android Portal all the time.
How to Remove Bloatware on Android Without Rooting Published by Christian Cawley