The Fitbit Inspire 2 is an easily usable fitness tracker that makes it easy to stay on track with your fitness goals. With heart-rate tracking, Active Zone Minutes, and up to 10 days of battery life, the Inspire 2 is a great choice for anyone looking to get fit.
A factory reset on your Fitbit device is a great way to troubleshoot any problems you might be having with it. Resetting your Fitbit will erase all stored data, such as steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned, etc., so make sure you have backed up any data before proceeding!
A factory reset is also necessary if you want to sell your Fitbit tracker or watch on eBay or if it won’t turn on at all. Below you’ll find a step-by-step suggestion for how to do a factory reset on a Fitbit wearable.
See also: Fitbit Inspire 2 vs. Inspire 3
How To Reset Fitbit Inspire 2?
Before resetting your Inspire 2, make sure you’re back on the latest firmware version and have a backup of all data on your device.
How to Hard Reset Fitbit Inspire 2?
If you’re looking to hard reset your Fitbit Inspire 2, here’s a quick and easy guide on how to do it.
- First, “press the side button” of your Fitbit Inspire 2 smartwatch. This will turn on your watch.
- Next, swipe across to the “Settings” icon on your watch.
- Then, scroll down to the “Factory Reset option” Tap on this to begin the reset process.
- You’ll see a confirmation message on your watch screen. Tap on the “Yes” option to confirm.
- That’s it! You’ve successfully reset your Fitbit Inspire 2.
How to Soft Reset Fitbit Inspire 2?
If you’re having trouble with your Fitbit Inspire 2, a soft reset is one of the first things you can try. This will reboot your device and can often fix minor issues. Here’s how to do it:
- Press the side button of your Fitbit Inspire 2; this will turn off your watch.
- Wait a few seconds.
- Press the “Side” button again for a few seconds. This will soft reset your watch.
- Wait until your watch reboots.
Is Your Fitbit Still Not Working?
If your Fitbit still isn’t working, it might be time to contact customer support. They can help you troubleshoot your device and resolve any issues you may be having. Here are a few things you can try in the meantime:
Restart your Fitbit: This can often resolve minor issues.
Update your Fitbit: Make sure you have the latest software installed.
Check the Fitbit app: Make sure you have the latest version of the app installed on your phone.
Contact Fitbit customer support: They can help you troubleshoot your device and resolve any issues you may be having.
We hope these tips help get your Fitbit back up and running.
We hope that these guidelines may be helpful to you in getting back on track with your fitness routine!