In this article, we have mentioned how you can see saved WiFi passwords on any Android smartphone. Actually, any Android smartphone does not allow viewing the saved password of WiFi.
However, most of the latest phones allow WiFi password sharing using QR codes. You just need to scan that QR code on another mobile phone, and you can get a WiFi password from
Here, we have listed a few methods and steps to see how you can see saved WiFi passwords on your Android smartphone.
How To Find Saved WiFi Password on Android
It’s very easy to find saved WiFi Passwords nowadays, as every latest smartphone has default settings to share WiFi passwords using QR codes.
Now the thing is that you just need a QR code scanner that can read your WiFi password stored in it, right?
Let’s see it in action!
- Go to “Settings” > “Network & Internet” > “WiFi.”
- Select the WiFi name you want to find the password for. (You must need to connect to that WiFi at least once)
- Tap on the “Share” button
- It will ask you to “enter your PIN” or “fingerprint” for authentication
- You will see the QR code
Screenshot the screen & share the screenshot with any QR code readers on your phone. I used Google’s lense in this process; you can use the same too.
Google’s lense will read the QR code and show your WiFi Password.
This was the easiest method I have ever used; apart from this, there are several technical methods as well that you can use to find your wifi password. But you need to be a technical person to do this. If you are, then you can see how you can easily do that.
Using the Root File Manager
To see find WiFi Password on your rooted smartphone then, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- First of all, you have to root your android smartphone; if you already have a rooted smartphone, then you can go to the next step
- You have to find the best file manager that shows the Root directory; you can use “ES File Manager,” “Amaze File Manager,” and “Root Browser File Manager.”
- Here, we have “ES File Manager,” Now open the file manager app that you have downloaded on your Rooted smartphone, and Find the Root Explorer option.
- Once you find the Root explorer option, you have to enable it by sliding to the left.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions and grant permission to access the root directory.
- After giving the permission, you can access your Android smartphone’s root directory.
- Now, you have to go into the file root directory following the directory path: “/data/misc/wifi” here, you can find the “wpa_supplicant.Conf” file that you can open to view your saved wifi password.
- To open this file, long press on it and choose the “Open As” option, then select the “text” option from appeared pop-up box.
- Once you open that file as a text, then you can view your wifi password easily.
Using the Android App
Note: Your phone must be rooted to use this app.
WiFi Password Viewer [ROOT]
The last option in our today’s article to view and recover Lost Wi-Fi Password is by using WiFi Password Viewer [ROOT].
This one is almost the same as the previous application but with a more straightforward interface and the same options.
With Wifi Password Viewer, you can share your network by directly copying your password and sending it as a text via text messaging applications or by letting your friends scan the QR code to share your Wi-Fi network with them.
Here we have mentioned a way to find your WiFi password using your android smartphone. Do share your comments on how you find your WiFi password.