Good thing about android is we can browse folder-wise files just like we opens files from local drive of computers. File manager helps user to access, manage, modify files location from one folder to another and thus file manager is useful for almost all phones. It helps to organize files and folders from android phone’s memory to SD card. Most of the device comes up with default file manager on android, but if you want some extra features e.g. accessing cloud folders from file manager, you may use Astro File Manager or ES File Explorer File Manager for your android device.
At first look, you will see that folder listed on device, but you can change its view and sort folders according to your desire.Just like we use on computer, we can view folders and files with thumbnails, large list, medium list and also sort folders and files according to name, type, size and modified date.
There are mainly three interesting section of this android app. They are briefly described as below.
Local : Local section, you can explore your device’s SD card storage, modify and organize your files and folders easily.
LAN : This helps you to connect your android device with your computer Wirelessly, by setting us WLAN with this app.
Cloud : This is the very interesting section if you are using cloud file hosting or storing your data online on cloud storage account like dropbox, Box, Sugarsync, Skydrive, Amazon S3,Yandex, Ubuntu. This helps you to access your those cloud storage accounts right from this file manager.
You can setup ES File Explorer File Manager to make use of it in a best way. You can manage display setting, cleanup setting, directory setting, secure folder with passwords using password setting, backup setting from the options menu of ES File Explorer File manager.
ES File Explorer File Manager Features:
- You can make use of this file manager as application manager, task killer, cloud storage client (compatible with Dropbox, Google Drive, SkyDrive, Box.net, Sugarsync, Yandex, Amazon S3, and Ubuntu One), FTP client, and LAN Samba client.
- You can download Facebook videos directly to your device.
- Stay connected over 3G, 4G, EDGE, or Wi-Fi to share with friends, upload photos, and watch videos.
- Built-in ZIP and RAR support allows you to compress and decompress ZIP files, unpack RAR files, and create encrypted (AES 256 bit) ZIP files.
- Access your home PC via WiFi with SMB.
- Functions as your FTP and WebDAV client. Manage files on FTP, FTPS, SFTP, and WebDAV servers just like you manage files on your SD card.
- Kill tasks with a single click — includes a simple widget for automatically killing tasks, with an ignore list to ignore the applications you want to keep running. To use this feature, you must have ES Task Manager module installed.
- Root Explorer File Manager — the ultimate set of file management tools for root users. Provides access to the entire file system and all data directories, and allows the user to change permissions.( Related : Tomi File Manager )
- Connect, manage, organize your cloud files between Dropbox, Google Drive, SkyDrive, Box.net, Sugarsync, Yandex, Amazon S3, and Ubuntu.
- Related : How to Setup Cloud Storage Account with ES File Explorer
Check out our complete review of ES File explorer in this video below.