Struggling with Samsung Galaxy S7 camera failed issue? Don’t panic: we are here to help you in fixing the problems. Today in this article, we will provide you with the full guide about how to fix Samsung Galaxy S7 camera error message. Read our article further; you will get to know all the ways to fix this problem.
Camera failed is the actual error message you will get if your Samsung Galaxy S7 camera crashes. Most of the users face the same and several other problems with Galaxy S7, so; we find signs and symptoms of the camera failed error message.
Signs & Symptoms Of Samsung Galaxy S7 Camera Failed
When you open the camera app, you have seen the error message warning: camera failed.
The error shows up when you switch from rear to front view camera.
The camera force closes randomly. Sometimes the camera app freezes for a few seconds due to the camera message.
Now we will tell you what the causes of camera failed error are. Let’s take a look
- The first and leading cause is the camera app crash or glitch.
- Sometimes the camera sensor got damaged due to factors like liquid and physical damage.
- Sometimes other apps crash with the camera app and affected the camera app itself.
- Firmware issues affected the camera’s normal operation.
Now, proceed to our main content, troubleshooting Galaxy S7 camera failed issue.
How To Fix Camera Failed Problem In Galaxy S7?
Disable Smart Stay Feature & Reboot your Phone
You just need to disable smart stay feature as it uses the front camera to detect the face of the user if it enabled ad the conflict started. Basically, it’s an issue with firmware, and sometimes the issue can be fixed with the new update. Follow the steps below, what you need to do:
- Open the “Apps Menu” from the home screen.
- Open “Settings” and click on the “display” option.
- Tap on the “Smart stay” option.
- Touch the “Toggle switch to disable” this feature.
- And finally, “Reboot your phone” and check whether the problem is solved or not.
Restart The Camera App
If the above step is failed in fixing the problem, then you need to restart your camera app. Once the error pops up on your screen, you do nothing but touch on OK; the camera app will automatically be closed. Try to open it again and see whether it works properly or not.
Clear Cache And Data Of The Camera App
The problem may be with the cache and data. To fix this problem, follow the quick steps below:
- Launch the “App menu” from the home screen.
- Open the “Settings menu.”
- Under the settings menu, click on “Applications” and then “Application manager.”
- After that, swipe to the “ALL” tab option.
- Here find the camera app and click on the “Force close/stop” option.
- After that, tap on “Storage” and click on “Clear cache and clear data” option.
If the same error occurs while viewing pictures, so you also need to clear the cache and data of the gallery app.
Try To Delete The System Cache
If the problem is still not solved, then it’s time for some firmware oriented troubleshooting procedures. The first thing we should recommend you try wiping the system cache directory. To do this follows the quick steps below to fix Samsung Galaxy S7 camera failed error:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the “Volume up key + Home key + Power key” together.
- Release the “Power button” when you see Samsung S7 on the screen.
- Release the other two buttons when you see the “Samsung logo” and leave the phone for about 30-60 seconds.
- Navigate to the option “Wipe data and cache” by using “Volume down key.”
- Press the “Power button” to select the option.
- Wait until your phone finishes the reset process. Once the process is completed, navigate to the “Reboot system now” and press the “Power key” to select the action.
- The phone will now reboot.
That’s all. Now check if the camera on your phone is working normally. If not, try the last weapon mentioned below.
Perform The Master Reset To Fix Samsung Galaxy S7 Camera Failed
If all the above steps failed, then try to perform a master reset. But before completing a master reset, make sure that you have backup all your essential data. Otherwise, you will lose all your data. If you have a micro SD card, transfer your files into it and remove it. Follow the quick steps below to perform this action.
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the “Home key + Volume up key Power button” together.
- Release all the keys when you see the “Android logo” appeared on the screen.
- Navigate to the “Wipe data/ Factory reset” option by using the volume down key.
- Press the “Power button” to select the action.
- Now, highlight the “Yes” option by using the “Volume down key” and confirm the action by pressing the “Power button.”
- Wait until your phone is finished doing the master reset. Once completed, navigate to the reboot system now option and press the “Power key” to confirm.
- At last, turn on the phone and check whether the problem is fixed.
So those are the steps to fix the Samsung Galaxy S7 camera failed. We hope this guide somewhere helps you troubleshooting the camera failed error on your device.
Thanks for reading this post. We hope you enjoy reading this article. For further assistance on fixing Samsung Galaxy S7, the camera failed error, do follow us and stay tuned with us at The Android Portal.
- 1 How To Fix Camera Failed Problem In Galaxy S7?