We all may come across the word cache memory. But, what it is actually? What if you have stored it on the device and what if you have cleared it? Will it cause some bad effects? To have answers to all these frequently asked questions, this guide will help you. Well, in this guide, we will mainly focus on what does clearing cache do. You will have all the answers within a few time as this guide will have it.
What does Clearing Cache do?
Here, you will get to know that what does clearing cache do. But, before knowing it, you should have enough info regarding the cache memory. If you have not, then, first of all, we will go through the necessary info of cache memory.
What is Cache Memory and What does It do?
Cache memory is also called as cached data. The cached data is a data of the apps or sites you are frequently using on your device. This data is may be in terms of images, files, and script. It is very useful for the app or site that you have been using it. For the storage of this data, there is reserved space in the device. The main reason behind the storing of cached data is only the fast and smooth access to that particular app. In short, the layout of the app is saved in terms of cached data. So, when you open it for the next time, it will not load the same data again.
It helps you to get your search as quickly as possible. As we have discussed, the cached data stores on the device. And, it is beneficial data as a smartphone, laptop, or tablet user. But, as it is stored for a long time, it may get corrupted. Also of that, when the size of cached data becomes larger, it may start to cause issues. The issue like the app takes time when you open it or you may notice misbehavior. So, at that time, it is advantageous if you clear the cached data or cache memory.
So, the clearing of the cache memory is sometimes helpful.
When Should You Prefer to Clear the Cache Memory?
Generally, the Android device can effectively manage all cached data. So, why should you go with the clearing of it? Even after effective management, sometimes you have to go with it. What does the sometimes word contain? Let us know below.
- As we have discussed earlier, the cache memory has stored in the device storage. So, if you need to use more data storage, you can go with the Clearing Cache Memory process.
- Whenever are you facing such issues with the opening of the app, which advice would you prefer to apply? It might be of clearing the cache memory of that particular app or all cached data. So, to troubleshoot this issue, you should proceed with it.
How to Clear Cache Memory on Android?
Nowadays, every Android user knows that how to clear the cached data on their device. It is as easy as you are using your phone. So, do not be hesitate and perform it. And, in such case, if you do not know how to perform it, take a look it below.
- First of all, go to the Settings.
- Then, go to the option App or Application Manager.
- This option will show you all the apps that are stored on the device at that time.
- Now, swipe the display till you come on the All tab. Or, in some device, directly tap on the All tab.
- Here, find the app by which or from which you are having such issues. Tap on it.
- On the next display, you should have many options including Clear data and Clear cache.
- Here, you should know that on which button you have to tap. Tap on the Clear Cache.
By this way, you can clear the cache memory of particular app one-by-one. If you are supposed to do this for all the apps, then it may take yours colossal time.
So, at that time, the best option is to clear the cache memory of Storage option.
- If your smartphone is running on Android 6.0 Marshmallow version or more, then follow all the steps mentioned above.
- Now, when it comes to finding the app, instead of finding it go to the Storage option.
- Here, again you will have options including Clear data and Clear cache.
- Go with the Clear cache.
In addition to that, there is also one another easy procedure for doing the same.
- Go to the Settings.
- Here, tap on the Storage option which you can find on the main page.
- At there, you will find the percentage usage of apps, media, videos, audios, and more. Also of that, there is one option and it is of Cached data.
- You can also check that how much of usage taken by the cached data.
- Tap on it, and you will ask for your confirmation to clear it.
- Allow the system to go ahead with OK.
Wait till the completion of the clearing process of cached data. And, then you will have sufficient storage space. Also, you might not face such app or site opening issues now more.
What’re your views on this guide What Does Clearing Cache Do? Let us know by leaving Comments. Also, do let us know any other process of clearing the cache if you know.