You might have faced that situation, I bet. Some of your friends ask for your phone and when we give our smartphone to him, he opens image gallery and check your received photos on Whatsapp, sometimes he tries to look at your entire gallery photos and you are worried about your privacy. Here we have got solution for you. Now, you don’t need to worry about someone may look into your whatsapp gallery photos or something like that.
In This article, you will find how to hide WhatsApp Videos, images and audio files from gallery so that you can prevent them other peoples from browsing.
How to Hide Whatsapp Content from Gallery
- You can download any file manager from Google Play Store. E.g. ES File Explorer Works Best.
- Now Open file explorer and go to whatsapp media folder from there. Usually you may find it from Home > SD card (or Internal Memory) > Whatsapp > Media folder.
- You just need to click on “WhatsApp Images” folder and rename it to “.Whatsapp Images” Only you have added is dot before the folder name.
- To rename any folder, you have to long press on folder and it will show you option.Rename option will be appear there. Check how to rename folder using ES File explorer
- Once you have renamed folder, that folder will no longer visible in gallery items.
- The same way you can block whatsapp videos, whatsapp images or whatsapp audios from your smartphone.
How to Bring back Hidden Photos from Whatsapp
We need to reverse the process, we again go to the same folder and rename it to it’s original name. E.g. If you have renamed it as “.Whatsapp Image” Just remove “.” (Dot) from the folder name and it will again show up in image gallery of your smartphone.
Why Do My Smartphone Hide folder content, if I rename it with . ?
Since android is working based on Linux kernel, whenever you add the period in front of any folder, that folder gets hidden. The same method you can use with any folder which you don’t want to appear in your gallery.
Why Don’t I see renamed folder from File Manager
When you rename any folder, it will gets hidden and will be hidden from your file manager. Fortunately for ES file explorer, there is option to show hidden files. Follow the image process for more information.
We have shown how you can hide or show any folder on your android smartphone. If you have any query about this guide, you may always feel free to leave your comment below. We would love to help you. Check more WhatsApp Guide.