Well, you can easily rename any files from your computer. You might know there there is file manager apps available for android tablets and smartphone device. For all latest tablets and smartphones, there would be inbuilt file manager. If there is not, you can install file manager app on your device that can be easily downloaded for free from Google Play Store.
You can use it as my computer and access and manage files from android file manager app. Here in this article you would learn how to rename multiple files or single files on your smartphone. Generally you can tap on any file and press it until rename option shows. When it shows option, find rename and tap on it. There would be a box opened where you have to enter renamed file and press OK. It would rename files.
It was about single file renaming. What if there are too many photos or videos and you want to rename those in bulk. Well, there is great software called ES File Explorer File Manager,that will allow you to rename files in bulk on your android device. Interesting thing is that, you can also rename extension of files in bulk on your smartphones.
How to Rename Files in Bulk using ES File Explorer File Manager
- Download and Install ES File Explorer File Manager on your smartphone.
- Now open it and go to the file location where you want to rename files or folders.
- Tap and press until you see check mark on the file or folder.
- Later you would see checked and unchecked box on files or folders there. Select the folders or files you want to rename and at the bottom, there would be rename option.
- Batch rename option would be appear there.
- You can assign name+number along with starting number at the end like renaming pattern. or you can add any name before your file name and rename files in bulk.
- if you want to change extension of the file, you can easily set it from the rename extension name. You can leave it blank, so it’s default extension would be carried out otherwise you can rename file. This file manager has Multiple File Rename Utility that can be useful for renaming files in bulk.
If you are looking for how to Rename Multiple File Extensions or How to Rename Multiple Files at Once using your smartphone, this method would be helpful for you. Please share your views how do you do Batch File Extension Rename on your smartphone.