Want to upgrade to a new mobile device and sell your Nexus 7 or facing any issues with your phone? If yes, then factory reset Nexus 7 is important. Today in our article we are going to discuss how to factory reset Nexus 7.
A factory reset is essential if you want to switch on your old phone to a new device (software centred) or want to sell your phone to others. Through the factory reset, your phone goes back to its standard restore factory setting. If you are curious to learn all the facts, just read our article carefully to get all the details in that matter.
As you know, the Nexus 7 is a great device, but like any other device, it can also suffer from problems like misbehaving with apps or digital wear and tear of everyday use. The problem happens when you are installing the app from the 3rd party app or installing and uninstalling a stack of apps. The result may be erratic behavior, slow performance or stuck on the same screen. It’s very irritating if you play a game and your phone is stuck on the same screen. Everyone has experienced it, we know.
But sometimes the best way to get rid of these issues is to factory reset your device and back to its normal position. With a soft reset or hard reset of your Nexus 7; you can back your device to its peak performance and can get rid of all annoying crashes and irritations. So, without further ado, let’s take a look at how to factory reset the Nexus 7.
Guide To Factory Reset Nexus 7
There are two ways to factory reset the Nexus 7. First is a soft reset and the second is a hard reset. But what’s the difference in both? Wait and read further. A soft reset won’t touch you’re stored within the phone data or that stored on the SD card.
On the other hand, a hard reset will wipe out all your data from your device. So, before proceeding, make sure that you have backed-up all your data. Also, make sure that you have noted down all your account passwords too.
Factory Reset Nexus 7 via Settings Menu
- Open the “Settings Menu” from the home screen apps.
- In the list click on personal and then tap on the “Backup and Reset” option
- From the list, tap on “Factory Data Reset”
- Then click on “Reset Option”
- Enter your PIN, Password, or Pattern
- After that tap on “Delete Everything”
- Wait until the process is completed
- After completing reboot your device.
Factory Reset Nexus 7 via Recovery Mode
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold “Volume Down and Power Button” simultaneously.
- You have seen the black screen with colored text. Search for “Recovery Mode”.
- Press the “Volume Button” twice to highlight the recovery mode and press the “Power Button” to confirm
- Hold the “Power button” and then press and release the “Volume Up” button at once.
- Again press the “Volume Down” button to highlight the “Wipe Data/ Factory Reset” option.
- Press the “Power Button” to confirm
- Press the Volume Down button seven times to reach toward “Yes- Erase All User Data”.
- Again press the Power button to confirm
- Wait until the reset is finished.
- After completing the whole process reboot your device and you will see a new phone.
So, those are the two methods to factory reset your Nexus 7. Both the ways are 100% genuine and working.
That’s all for now and thanks for reading this post. We hope you enjoyed reading this article. For more updates do follow us and ping us on our website The Android Portal.
Disclaimer | This article may contain affiliate links, meaning that we may receive a small commission for qualifying purchases at no cost to you.