Want to factory reset Galaxy S6 Edge? Is your Galaxy S6 Edge working slowly? Or is your Galaxy S6 phone drains the battery so quickly?
Well, that’s the most annoying issue one can encounter with their phone. If you are also facing that, probably you need to perform a factory reset on your phone.
So through this guide, you will know how to factory reset your Galaxy S6 in just simple steps.
What Factory Reset is?
The factory reset action allows your phone to function smoothly and get back to its default working condition. We need to perform the factory reset to solve minor to significant issues related to our device. Furthermore, It is easy to reset Samsung Devices devices like Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3, and others.
After the factory reset, all settings will return to their defaults, and all data will be deleted. So before factory reset makes sure that you have backed-up all your essential data like photos, videos, music, etc. Otherwise, you will lose all your necessary data.
So, that’s all with the jargons, let’s take a look at the steps that you need to follow.
Guide To Factory Reset Galaxy S6 Edge
Factory Reset Galaxy S6 edge Through The Settings Menu.
This method works well and is the easiest way of resetting the S6 Edge device. But before resetting, you must back up your essential data. Let’s take a look towards the steps:
- Go to the “Settings Menu” from the home page.
- Navigate to the “Back up and reset” option under the settings menu.
- Tap on the “Factory data reset” option at the bottom of the screen.
- The pop-up window will show you a message about data loss, confirm your action and click on the “Reset” option.
- After that, tap on “Delete all.”
- Your phone will automatically shut down, and the deleted process is beginning.
- Wait until the process is completed, and your device will automatically restart and bring you to the welcome screen.
That’s all you have successfully reset your S6 Edge phone via the settings menu.
Factory reset s6 Edge Through Recovery Mode
This method is a little tricky from the above method, but this method shows 100% performance and takes your device to its normal position. Take a look at the steps.
- Turn your device off and take out the SIM and SD card if possible.
- Press and hold the “Volume up, Bixby, and Power buttons,” all three at the same time. Hold the buttons until you see the iconic “Android Logo.”
- After a few moments, you will see colored text appeared on your screen and then you need to navigate to the “Wipe data or Factory reset” options by using volume up and down keys.
- Use the “Power Button” to confirm your action.
- Use “Volume buttons” to scroll down to “Yes, delete all user data” and again press the “Power button” to confirm your action. Wait until the operation is completed.
That’s all. Once the factory reset process is completed, you can sell it, or again use it like a freshly booted Samsung device.
So, those are the methods to factory reset the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge phone in the easiest way possible. Both the ways we have mentioned are 100% successful and won’t damage your phone in any aspect. After erasing all the data, you can have a fresh phone in your hand.
I hope you enjoyed reading this article. Furthermore, thanks for reading this post. For any queries comment below, and we will back to you in 24 hours. Also, your suggestions and questions are always welcome. For more updates related to android, do follow us at The Android Portal and stay tuned with us.
See also: How to Reset Samsung Galaxy S6
Disclaimer | This article may contain affiliate links, meaning that we may receive a small commission for qualifying purchases at no cost to you.