Want to take a screenshot on Galaxy S7? Don’t worry, through this guide you will quickly understand how to take a screenshot on Galaxy S7.
Samsung provides different ways of taking a screenshot on Galaxy S7 for its users. But the question is what screenshot is and why we take screenshots? Well, the screenshot is like a snapshot captured from your device screen and saved as a photo in the gallery.
There are several different ways of taking a screenshot on your S7 device. We take a screenshot to collect some vital information from the data we come across and surf of our phone. The screenshots are automatically saved in your gallery in the folder name “screenshot.” From the gallery, you can easily share it with your friends.
Without too much ado, let’s start with our ways of taking a screenshot.
How to screenshot on Galaxy S7
How To Take A Screenshot On Galaxy S7 Using The Physical Buttons?
This is the authentic and pure method for taking a screenshot on Galaxy S7 phones. Let’s take a look at the steps.
- Open the page which you want to capture.
- Press and hold the “Volume down button + Power button” at the same time, and you can hear camera capture sound with a short of flashing animation. This sound means that your screenshot is captured.
You can see the screenshot in the gallery app or my files folder or Google photos. And if you need to find a screenshot through the command line or the android file transfer tool, it will appear in pictures/ screenshot.
How To Take A Screenshot On Galaxy S7 By Swiping The Screen?
This is a genuinely cool feature that Samsung offers to all its android users. It is the simple and easiest way of taking screenshots when you are in a hurry. Let’s take a look towards the quick steps that you need to follow to capture the screenshot:
- Touch the screen with the side of your hand, so your thumb is pointing away from the screen.
- “Swipe your hand” across the screen from “left to right” and vice-versa.
- Like the above method, you will hear a shutter camera sound and a flashing light animation, which means that the screenshot is successfully captured.
This method comes automatically enabled in your device. However, due to any reason, if you want to turn off the feature, you can do so by following the below quick steps:
- Open the “Settings” menu either from the notification panel or from the home screen apps.
Scroll down and navigate to the “Motion and gestures” option.
- Click on the “Palm swipe to capture option” option.
- “Toggle the button” from “on to off,” to disable the screenshots.
How To View The Captured Screenshot On Galaxy S7 Device
The next thing is to view or check the captured screenshot, and that too is easy on the Samsung S7 smartphone. So, to see the screenshot just after you capture it, you need to follow the quick steps:
- Swipe the screen to view the “notification panel“.
- You will see the smaller version of your captured screenshot. Tap on it to open it in the gallery application.
- From the gallery under the “screenshot folder“, you can easily share, edit or delete the screenshot.
So, those are the two methods of taking a screenshot in your Samsung Galaxy S7 devices. We hope the above article clears your vision, and you can easily take screenshots on your device now. Do you have further questions on how to take a screenshot on a galaxy s7? Share your views in the comments below.
Thanks for reading this post. For more updates related to android do follow us and stay tuned with us at The Android Portal.