The Nexus 6P smartphone is one of the best Google Nexus devices. Like all previous Nexus devices, this Nexus 6P also offers great features and specs. However, it does not mean that in this mobile you can not find an issue related to any. Many users have reported about Nexus 6P Not Charging properly. That’s why here we have stated the third line. But, what about the issue of not charging? So, to overcome it, here this article will lead you to do so.
Behind the issue, Many aspects play a significant role to create such issues in Nexus 6P. So, after getting know about the issue, the first thing you have to do is to find those aspects. Then, you will have to think about how to fix them. If you do not want to do this much, then the best option is the replacement of the battery. But, if you have paid attention to the specs, this device comes with a non-replaceable battery. So, the option of replacing the battery will be gone away. Now, you can do only that whatever we have discussed earlier in this paragraph.
So, as a responsible smartphone user, the best thing to solve the issue is to apply the troubleshooting. Here, to make you comfortable with that, we will suggest you some troubleshoots. You have to just apply those on your Nexus 6P and the issue will be disappeared.
How to Fix Nexus 6P Not Charging issue
As we have discussed earlier, many aspects are there who are creating such battery charging issue. Here, one-by-one we will list up the troubleshooting for the issue. So, let’s move with the solution to overcome the very familiar issue Nexus 6P Not Charging.
Check the Charging Port & Charging Cable
Sometimes if the charging port is having trouble, it also creates such issue. So, whenever you find the charging issue, first of all, you should check the charging port. As it is open, then there may have chances to dust going into the port. So, at that time, you have to clean the port. For that, you can use the compressed air. So in short, sometimes faulty port may lead to the charging issue.
Another reason for the same issue is might be the faulty charging cable. If the cable itself not deliver the power to charge the battery, how can be the charging completed? So, the other thing you have to do is checking the cable. If you find the cable faulty, then as soon as possible replace it. If you take it lightly, then it may lead you to the major issue. So, it would be beneficial to you if you solve it as soon as fast.
Wipe Data & Hard Factory Reset Process
The factory data reset might be one of the most efficient ways to troubleshoot the issue. As you use various apps on your mobile, the device also stored many of the cached data. If the cached data cross the limit, then it may start to affect the device with one or other ways. To get rid of the cached data, the best option is factory data reset.
There is two way to perform it, one is Soft Factory Data Reset, and other is Hard Factory Data Reset. Here, we will mention both of them. But, before performing any of them, do not forget to backup of the data. Because these processes will erase everything that you have stored on the mobile.
So, first of all, Soft Factory Data Reset. To perform this process, you do not need to switch off your phone. To know what to do in this process, have a look at the below easy steps.
- Go to the Settings of your Google Nexus 6P smartphone.
- Then, go to the Backup and Reset option by scrolling down the screen.
- Here, tap on the Factory Data Reset option.
- On the next display, at the end of the screen, you should see Reset Phone option. Tap on it to proceed.
- As you tap on it, next screen will last time prompt you to take your confirmation to do so. Here, again click on the Erase Everything option.
- With the tap on it, the Factory Data Reset process will start.
Wait till the completion of the process. Then, after starting it, now try to charge the device. And, you should see that problem may be solved. If not, then try next Hard Factory Data Reset process. To do so,
- First of all, Switch off the Nexus 6P.
- Now, Press and hold Volume Down key and Power key at the same time.
- As you do it, the display lights up with Android logo. You can also see a Reboot Bootloader option.
- Here, by using the Volume Up key navigate to the options and find Recovery Mode option. To select it, use Power key.
- On the next screen, you will again see Android logo. Now, press the Volume Up key and Power key at the same time.
- Then, by using the Volume Down key navigate to the Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Next display would ask you to confirm the action. Then, tap on Yes option.
- Wait for a while. Wait till the phone get turned on again.
For more details about the Nexus 6P Factory Data Reset, check out the video below.
Visit nearby Service Center
In the end, if still, the issue is with you, then the final solution is repairment of it. For that, there is not any right place except Authorised Service Center. If you take the device as soon as possible there, you may get the solution as soon as possible. If your device is under warranty, then this will be the best option for you. As the device has non-removable battery, the Authorised Service Center is the best option to open the device.
We hope that you should understand whatever you have visited here. We also hope that you have enjoyed the discussion. As a Nexus 6P user, if you find this is a helpful discussion, the also share it with other users.