We all know very well about the Google Nexus smartphones. Till the date, many Nexus devices have been launched. The Nexus devices are those which design, development, marketing are taking place by Google by collaborating with other smartphone manufacturers. Mostly, on every smartphone, the battery issue is one of the common but major issues. So, to continue using the Nexus 6P, here, we will discuss that How to Increase Nexus 6P Battery Life.
Before we move on to the main point of the discussion, let’s have a quick look at the features.
The Google Nexus 6P comes with a huge 5.7 inches Quad HD AMOLED multi capacitive touch display. It runs on an Android OS with 6.0 Marshmallow. The 2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 Octa-Core processor boost the performance. It also has 3 GB RAM and 128 GB ROM storage space.
For the photography, it offers 12.3 MP back camera and 8 MP front camera. It is backed by a 3450 mAh battery. It will support only single SIM along with 4G connectivity.
How to Increase Nexus 6P Battery Life
The Nexus 6P is the power-packed device. It offers many noticeable features to use. It also provides a high battery power which is up to 3450 mAh with Li-Po battery. But, still, many users have reported regarding the battery draining of the Nexus 6P.
Have you ever noticed that where this issue become stronger? The cases of battery draining have become general in the Nexus 6P since the OS is updated to the 7.0 Nougat. The device drains the battery surprisingly since the update comes. So, here are some tips by which you can stop more or less battery drain. Have a look at that and try it on the device if any match to your issue.
Use the Nexus 6P at the Minimum Brightness
The use of the smartphone device at maximum brightness is one of the significant aspects of battery juice. So, in terms of a solution, just use the device at the minimum brightness level. Or you can also use the Auto Brightness feature that can automatically set the brightness regarding the condition. You can also to use the smartphone at as low as possible brightness level.
For many of the users, this might be the silly solution. But in the end, it makes a major difference in the battery life. Eventually, that also increases the overall performance of the Nexus 6P.
Disable Unused Services & Features
Every smartphone comes with a bunch of features and services. All of them are really useful, but not all the time. Although, we do not disable some of the features even when they are not in use. As a user, will it be a better decision? No, not at all. So, you should use the various features and services according to the need.
Many users are keeping the enable such services every time like Wi-Fi, Data, Location, Bluetooth, and more. So, do not forget to disable any feature when it is not in use.
Disable Auto Sync Data
Activation of Auto Sync Data in the background also creates some effect on the battery drain. So, it is always better if you disable the auto sync data.
To disable the background data,
- Go to the Settings.
- Choose the Data usage.
- Here, tap on the three dots at the upper right corner of the screen.
- You will get an option as Auto Sync Data.
- Just uncheck the box and then tap OK.
To disable the background data for Google Services
- Go to the Settings.
- Then, select the Accounts option.
- Here, tap on the Google option.
- On the next page, you will see the Google Accounts that you logged into using the nexus 6P device.
- From here, select the account for which you wanna disable the auto sync.
- Tap on the three dots at the upper right corner of the display.
- Uncheck the Box.
Also, if you have enabled the Auto-update of the apps in the Play Store, then disable it too. Because whenever you enable the data connection, the Play Store will start their work of updating the apps.
So, at the same time battery have to deliver the power for more than one apps. At that time, due to the load, the battery performance also get weak.
Enable the Battery Saver Mode
The battery saver mode is also one of the ways to save the battery power. To enable it, just follow the below steps.
- Go to the Settings >> Battery.
- Then, tap on the three dots at the top right corner.
- It shows the three more options, tap on the first option battery saver.
- On the next page, just tap on the slider to turn on the battery saver mode.
Use the Charger and Charging cable that you have got with Nexus 6P
It is very essential to use the charger that you have got with the Nexus 6P smartphone. Because that charger works with high efficiency and effectiveness. If you are supposed to use another charger, it will littery reduce the charging efficiency and performance as well.
So, to maintain the charging efficiency well, never use other chargers rather than you have got.
Uninstall the app which drained the most battery power
As a smartphone user, you must know that which apps are using the most battery power. Even after knowing it, you are still using such apps, then whose fault it if the battery drains? Mostly, the third-party apps might come in the first spot for using the most battery.
To get to know about those apps, Go to the Settings >> Battery. Here, you can get the idea that which app causing the battery draining most.
As you see that screen, you will see a long list of the apps along with the battery usage percentage. Also of that, by turning the device into the safe mode, you can know which apps are misbehaving.
Try uninstalling those apps which consume your most of the battery that you don’t use frequently.
Enable Do Not Disturb Mode
The DND mode also plays a major role in increasing the battery life of the Nexus 6P. But, how it makes an impact? As you enable the DND mode, you will not get notifications for the specified time that you set.
If the notifications not come, you are not going to check the device. As you do not check the device, it conserves the battery power.
To enable the Do Not Disturb mode,
- Go to the Settings >> Sounds and notifications >> Do not disturb.
You can enable DND mode during night time when you are not expecting any calls, SMS.
Set a shorter time for Screen Timeout
How the screen timeout you set also matters when you are about to save the battery. If you set the screen timeout as low as possible, it also makes a huge impact. The battery power conserves as the screen remains off.
If you look at the default settings, the Nexus 6P comes with 2 Min of a timeout. That you can change to the minimum by yourself. Just go to the Settings > Display > Sleep. As you tap on the sleep, it shows various options for a timeout. From which, select the shorter time according to your use of mobile.
Close all the Background Activities
Background activities mean the app you are running in the background also causes battery issue. So, when you are done with the app, close it rather than opening in the background.
We all know that how to close all the apps which are running in the background. Just tap on the recent activity button, and swipe all the apps one-by-one to close. Or else, you can tap on end all option to close it all.
Enable Flight Mode in Low Network Area
When you are in an area which provides the low network connection, then do not make calls. As the network come and go, the battery works hard and uses more power. So, it is a wise decision if you turn on the flight mode when you are catching the low network.
Perform the Wipe Cache Partition Process
- First of all, switch off the Nexus 6P.
- Press and hold the Volume down key. At the same time, press and hold the Power key until the device turns on.
- Now, you can see the Start on the screen.
- Again, Press the Volume down key to navigate to the Recovery mode.
- By pressing the Power key, start the recovery mode. Also, the Android robot comes on a screen.
- Now, again Press and hold the Power key. Also, at the same time, press the Volume up key once only.
- Now, release the Power key.
- Press the Volume down key to navigate to the Wipe cache partition. Press power key to select.
- Using the Volume down key, go to the Yes, then press the Power button to select it.
- Wait till the completion of the wiping.
- Then, Press the Power key to restart the Nexus 6P device.
Perform the Factory Data Reset Process
The factory data reset might be one of the most efficient ways to troubleshoot the issue. As you use various apps on your mobile, the device also stored many of the cached data. If the cached data cross the limit, then it may start to affect the device with one or other ways. To get rid of the cached data, the best option is factory data reset.
There is two way to perform it, one is Soft Factory Data Reset, and other is Hard Factory Data Reset. Here, we will mention both of them. But, before performing any of them, do not forget to backup of the data. Because these processes will erase everything that you have stored on the mobile.
So, first of all, Soft Factory Data Reset.
To perform this process, you do not need to switch off your phone. To know what to do in this process, have a look at the below easy steps.
- Go to the Settings of your Google Nexus 6P smartphone.
- Then, go to the Backup and Reset option by scrolling down the screen.
- Here, tap on the Factory Data Reset option.
- On the next display, at the end of the screen, you should see Reset Phone option. Tap on it to proceed.
- As you tap on it, next screen will last time prompt you to take your confirmation to do so. Here, again click on the Erase Everything option.
- With the tap on it, the Factory Data Reset process will start.
Wait until the completion of the process. Then, after starting it, now try to charge the device. And, you should see that problem may be solved. If not, then try next Hard Factory Data Reset process.
To do so,
- First of all, Switch off the Nexus 6P.
- Now, Press and hold Volume Down key and Power key at the same time.
- As you do it, the display lights up with Android logo. You can also see a Reboot Bootloader option.
- Here, by using the Volume Up key navigate to the options and find Recovery Mode option. To select it, use Power key.
- On the next screen, you will again see Android logo. Now, press the Volume Up key and Power key at the same time.
- Then, by using the Volume Down key navigate to the Wipe Data / Factory Reset. Next display would ask you to confirm the action. Then, tap on Yes option.
- Wait for a while. Wait till the phone get turned on again.
Downgrade the Android OS to the Original
If you think that the previous OS version has not drained the battery so much, then go back to it. It could be the ultimate solution that saves your device and battery as well. It is better to use the device at 6.0.1 OS version till the next update comes.
So, here we have mentioned the best way of increasing the Nexus 6P Battery Life. By using which, you can also improve the battery life of your Nexus device.
If you have other ways of doing same, also share with us by commenting below. Hope that this discussion will be very useful to you.