Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is also one of the best Android smart devices ever. The way Samsung has provided the features and specs is incredible. Also of that, some of the great phone facility has been provided by the Samsung to make life easier. But, as the number features are more, the possibility of some known issues will also be higher. One of the most common issues that come to S7 Edge is overheating. It may become the considerable issue to damage your device if you wouldn’t have been taking care. So, to get rid of, just have a look at the discussion on How to Fix Galaxy S7 Edge Overheating Issue.
Fixing Galaxy S7 Edge Overheating
There are many factors which invite this one of the most strange issues on the Galaxy S7 Edge. Also of that, due to the misuse of the device, you may face such issues. If you love to play high-quality games that affect the platform of the device, it also brings such issues. However, it will be a bigger issue that happened to the device unless you do not take it seriously.
Before we move to the solutions to overcome the issue, here we have some short tricks to do the same.
- Never use the mobile while charging. If you are doing so, it may be one of the most likely things that create overheating sometimes it might get exploded.
- If you find that the phone gets heated up while charging, then just turn off the mobile, not the charging. It will also help you a lot to overcome the issue.
- At the time of using the mobile, you may observe the phone getting heated. More than that, the same thing you may also find while playing games. So, at that time, to fix the issue, the Factory Data Reset will be the best option. The process of the Factory Data Reset is mentioned below.
- If the phone accidentally dropped down, then you may have the same issue due to the bodily damage. So, at that time, let the technician allow to take over the case.
- If you have lost the mobile into the water, it invites the same due to the inter short circuit. To absorb all the moist, you can also put the mobile inside the bowl which is filled with the rice. It will absorb all the moist within 3-4 days, and then try to use the mobile and observe it.
- Without any of the reason, you have the same issue; then the best place is Authorized Service Center for repairing.
Also of that, you can try below tricks to overcome the Galaxy S7 Edge Overheating Issue. The same technique applies to fix heating issue on any other smartphones too. E.g Samsung Galaxy S7, Galaxy S6, S5 and many more.
Factory Data Reset Your Galaxy S7
The factory data reset might be one of the most efficient ways to fix the issue. But, before performing this process, do not forget to backup of the data. Because this process will erase everything that you have stored on the mobile. So, to gets it back, the backup is a must.
To perform this process, you do not need to switch off your phone. To know the process, have a look at the below.
- Go to the “Settings” of your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge smartphone.
- Then, go to the “Backup and Reset” option by scrolling down the screen.
- Here, tap on the “Factory Data Reset” option.
- On the next display, at the end of the screen, you should see the “Reset Phone” option. Tap on it.
- As you tap on it, next screen will last time prompt you to take your confirmation to do so. Here, again click on the Erase Everything option.
- With the tap on it, the Factory Data Reset process will start.
Wait till the completion of the process. Then, use the device regularly for some time to observe that the phone gets heated or not. And, you may feel that the problem is solved. If not, then try the next process by turning the device into Safe Mode.
Enable Safe Mode On Galaxy S7 Edge
Nowadays, the mobile comes with many of the pre-installed apps. Also of that, as per our need, we are also installing some apps on the mobile. In the end, the mobile is having many of the apps. In which, sometimes, some third party apps cause such issues like overheating and more. So, if you stop using those issue-making apps, it will be beneficial for you. To catch those apps, the best option is Safe Mode. Just turn the mobile into Safe Mode and find the app that causes an issue.
Remember, by just turning the device into the safe mode the problem won’t fix unless you find that app.
- First of all, switch off the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge mobile.
- Then, press and hold the Power button.
- As the mobile name “Samsung Galaxy S7 EDGE” comes, leave the Power button and quickly press the Volume Down button.
- Press the Volume Down button till the completion of the rebooting.
- As the phone is turning on, you can see the Safe Mode at the left lower corner of the screen.
Then here, in the safe mode, you can quickly catch the issue-causing app. After doing so, just come back in the normal mode of the device, and delete that app. To come back in the normal mode, just switch off the mobile.
Master Reset Galaxy S7
- First of all, Switch off the Galaxy S7 Edge.
- Then, press and hold the Home key and Volume Up key. And, straight after that, press and hold Power key at the same time.
- You can release the Power key as you show the Mobile name on the screen, But, still, continue pressing the Home key and Volume Up key.
- As you can see the Android Logo on display, free up your fingers by leaving the rest of the keys.
- Then, by using the Volume Down key navigate to the Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Next display would ask you to confirm the action. Then, tap on Yes option.
- Wait for the completion of the entire process. As the process gets completed, select the Reboot system now option.
Wait for a while. Wait till the phone get turned on again. Now, to test the device, you can use the mobile by using various apps and games. If still, you find the issue, then the best option is the replacement of the device. To do so, you can contact the Authorized Service Center, to lodge your complaint.
We hope that you should find this guide as a helpful one. If you can, then do not forget to share it with other users of Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.