Facebook Picture in Picture is a handy feature that allows you to watch a video while scrolling through your Facebook feed. However, sometimes it doesn’t work as smoothly as you would like it to.
This article will suggest to you ‘how to fix the Facebook picture in picture not working?’ If you have noticed that your picture-in-picture option isn’t working on Facebook, and you have tried setting privacy settings, checking your network, and other fixes, then this post is for you.
Facebook automatically auto-enhances your pictures to make them the best they can be, and when you put a picture in a chat, the picture becomes smaller and more saturated. This isn’t always a good thing and can often be distracting.
How To Fix Facebook Picture In Picture Not Working?
If you’re having trouble with Facebook’s picture-in-picture (PiP) feature not working, there are a few things you can try to fix the issue.
- First, ensure you’re using the “Latest Facebook” app version. If you’re not, update the app and try again.
- If that doesn’t work, try “Restarting” your device. This can often fix simple glitches like this.
- Try deleting and reinstalling the Facebook app if the issue continues. This will delete any app data that could be causing the problem, and then you can start fresh.
If none of these fixes resolve the problem, it may not be the app but rather your smartphone. You might need to contact your device manufacturer for additional troubleshooting in this situation.
Restart your Phone
If your phone is acting up, one of the first things you should try is restarting it. This will clear all the temporary files and load the important system files from scratch. This can solve many temporary glitches on your smartphone.
To restart your phone, simply press and hold the power button until you see the power menu. Then, tap “Restart“ and wait for your phone to reboot. Once it’s finished, your phone should be working properly again.
If restarting your phone doesn’t fix the problem, you can try another way that we mentioned below.
Check if PiP is Enabled or Not
PiP is an Android functionality, as already noted. This means that even though the app you are using supports it, you need to enable that particular app’s feature to use the functionality.
Here are the procedures you must take to determine whether PiP is enabled.
To check if your device can display a PiP session, follow these simple steps:
1. Open your device’s “Settings” application.
2. Scroll down and tap on “Display.”
3. If you see the option to “Enable Picture-in-Picture” (PiP), then PiP is enabled on your device. Otherwise, it isn’t enabled, and you’ll need to disable PiP to use it.
That’s all, then! After completing these steps, PiP can be used with Facebook and YouTube. When you want to use PiP, simply tap the symbol in the top right corner of the app after opening it and beginning to play a video.
Clear App Cache
If an app is having issues opening content in PiP mode, follow these steps to clear the app cache. App cache stores temporary data on your device, which helps open apps smoothly by keeping necessary files loaded in RAM.
However, if it gets corrupt, it can also cause trouble, and some features may not work correctly. Follow these steps below to clear the app cache on any app with issues opening content in PiP mode.
1. Select “App details” after performing a long tap on the “Google Chrome“ app icon.
2. To access storage and cache, tap “Storage & Cache.”
3. Select the “Clear Cache” button to clear the cache.
4. If that does not solve this issue, then “Restart” your device and do the same steps.
Clearing your app cache can help with a variety of issues on your device, including freeing up storage space and helping apps run more smoothly.
Boot in Recovery Mode & Wipe Cache
Some users experienced issues with this feature after updating to Android 11 on their devices. If you fall into this category, you can try this option, which requires you to boot in recovery mode before wiping the cache partition.
- First, Power off your device. Then turn it back on by pressing the “Power + Volume” down buttons. Keep pressing these until you see a logo flash on your phone’s screen.
- Then enter the “PIN/Password” that you have set up to unlock your phone.
- Select “Language Option” using the volume and Power buttons again.
- This time select Wipe cache using volume buttons and select Power again.
- After that, select “Wipe Data and Cache” again using the volume buttons and select Power again.
- Your phone should be automatically rebooted after the successful completion of this process!
That’s it! Now see if this solution fixes the issue or not.
We hope you enjoyed and liked our blog on how to fix the Facebook picture-in-picture not working. Like many people, you may have encountered an issue with your picture-in-picture not working on your Facebook profile.
This is an extremely common issue; people will often encounter issues with their picture-in-picture due to their phone settings. I hope this blog post gave you the necessary information to fix this problem.