CRED is a good platform for paying India’s credit cards, gas & electricity bills. Multiple credit card users can easily manage their bills in one place without missing an expiration date. CRED also rewards you for paying your credit card bills.
You may want to remove the credit card information stored in your CRED account. This blog post tries to solve how to delete a credit card from CRED.
You may have difficulty removing your card from CRED. But yes! you can remove your credit card from CRED by following these simple steps.
How To Delete Credit Card From CRED?
- Open the CRED mobile app. After that, you Go to the “Profile” section in the upper left corner.
- A list of menus appears under “Quick Actions.” Under the menu option, you will find options like Support, Manage Account, Payment History, Payment Settings, Manage Address, Terms & Conditions, etc.
- Tap “Help.”
- Then click on the “need more help” option in support.
- A chat interface will appear. Select “other problems.”
- Then tap on the “Remove account or card” option.
- Two options will now appear, i.e., “Delete Account” and “Delete Card.” Select the “Remove card” option.
- On the next screen, it will put you in touch with a “customer service specialist.” If you wish to remove it, they will ask you for authorization and confirmation to remove your credit card.
- Then your credit card will be removed from CRED successfully.
Following the steps above, you can successfully remove your credit card from CRED. If not, you can file the credit card with CRED. You don’t need to contact a support executive for this. You can do it yourself within 30 seconds to 1 minute.
What Is The “Cred Credit Card File”?
By archiving the CRED card, you lose access to the card in the CRED app. This means you cannot transact or access previous transactions on CRED. Only the CRED server would hold transaction details for compliance purposes.
How To File The Cred Credit Card?
Filing a CRED credit card is very simple. You can do it in two ways.
- Go to Home in the “CRED app.”
- Click “Profile” in the upper left corner.
- All your credit cards are displayed. Find that credit card you want to remove.
- Swipe right on that credit card. Three options, “Transaction, file tab, link tab,” appear.
- Tap on “card archive.”
- Go to the “Cards” section (second option from the lower left corner).
- Click “manage” (upper right corner).
- Select the card you want to delete and tap “manage” under the card.
- Finally, click on ‘credit card file.’ They asked, are you sure you want to archive this card? Click “yes,” and everything is done.
Reasons To Remove Your Credit Card From Cred
CRED only offers membership if you have a credit score over 750. It allows you to have a credit card, but you cannot use CRED due to your low credit score. You may have added your credit card to your family or friends’ CRED accounts to get a reward. When you are eligible for CRED, we recommend removing the credit card from your old CRED and adding it to your new CRED account.
Another case could be that you lost your credit card and blocked it, so you want to remove your credit card from CRED.
You want to remove the CRED application from your mobile device and never use it again. In this case, you will want to remove all credit card details from CRED. Another reason is you have updated your card; you want to remove the old card and add the new updated card.
We all know CRED is a safe and reliable app, but you must be careful about safety & privacy.
Always avoid leaving card details in any app (if you don’t use the app). Deleting the app from your phone does not delete your card details from the server. So before deleting the app, always make sure you have deleted your card details.