Wanna know whether the Zoom video conferencing app is safe or not? Here you have arrived on the right webpage. Here we are going to explain everything to you, from security and safety concerns to its features and uses.
Zoom is the most trending app in this lockdown epidemic. It is widely being used worldwide as a platform for meetings and teaching online. Due to COVID-19, everyone is working from their homes; that’s why there is an enormous rise in the download of the Zoom app.
From school students to office colleagues, everyone is using this application. By now, the application has got millions of active users. It is considered natural and the new way of communicating with colleagues or for online teaching purposes.
This video conferencing app is getting used by more and more people over time, which means there’s always some security concerns associated with it. Some users have a complaint about their privacy and that they face some disruptive behavior. Even the Govt. itself has said there are particular security and data safety concerns associated with the use of this app.
So, by reading the whole scenario, are you thinking that the Zoom application is safe? Well, in our opinion, maybe or maybe not. So, today in our guide, we are discussing the topic “how safe is Zoom App”? If it is safe, or how to use it safely? Curious to know the answers? If yes, then read our article carefully to get all the details in that matter and then decide whether you should uninstall this application or not.
But before proceeding to the main content, we will tell you some safety tips and tricks if you are using this app.
Zoom Video Conferencing App Safety Tips
If you are an HR or act as host of a meeting in the Zoom app, then these instructions are especially for you. Here are a few things that you should keep in mind while organizing a conference. Let’s take a look below.
Tips For Host
- If you are a host, then you will get a link that you will share with others to join your room. So, remember, share that link with only those persons you know, don’t share the link with the unknown person.
- The same is in the case of a personal meeting ID. Share the ID with only those whom you know or protect your meeting ID with the password because sometimes the meeting ID is your phone number.
So, those are some of the tips to follow when you are the host. But what’s next? Next, we discuss some steps to remember “When You Are in a Meeting.” Let’s take a quick look.
Tips When You’re In Meeting Or Online Class
- Make sure that the meeting control is in your hands only. To do this, Just tap on “Who Can Share?” and make sure that the host is the only one to control the whole meeting.
- Always make sure that only signed-in participants can join the meeting. To manage this, click on the “Manage Participants” list. This feature helps you in knowing if anybody misbehaves with you.
- Make sure that you have already set “Two-Factor Authentication” security settings.
- If you see any disruptive behavior from any user or face any harassment, then directly report these unwanted cases on the zoom app.
So, those are the simple tips and steps to keep in mind while you are in the Zoom app conference. Next, let’s discuss a few essential Guidelines by MHA for the safe use of the Zoom app. Let’s take a look at the steps below:
Guidelines By MHA To Use Zoom Video Conferencing App
- Always create a “New User ID and Password” for every meeting.
- Always create the waiting room in the app so that users will enter with the Host permission only.
- Allow that all the features and functions are operated by the host only.
- In every meeting, before hosting, always remember to “Disable Join Feature.”
Also, the “Disable Rejoin” option so that no participants are leaving or removing from the meeting.
- After joining all the participants, it would be better if you enable the “Lock Meeting” feature.
- Disable the “Record Screening” feature
So, those are the few points that you kept in mind while using the Zoom app as guidelines by MHA. Make sure you have disabled all unwanted features before hosting a meeting.
Now, it’s time to discuss How to Use the Zoom app on your mobile device.
How To Use The Zoom Video Conferencing App On Your Mobile Device?
First of all, you need to go to the Play Store and then download and install the app. Or, you can also click on the link below to install the app. Once done, look at the below section for a better explanation.
Meet And Chat Tab
The mobile version of the app allows you to run all the features in one click. The mobile version of the zoom app is more simplified than the desktop version. Here are the few important points to know:
- In the mobile version, the main options like a “new meeting join schedule, and share screen” are headed on the top of your device. At the bottom of the screen, you have noticed the option like recent call and chat history.
- To view the chat of the person, either click on the person’s account or accept the request of the person.
- You will find there’s a “star icon” at the top left corner of the screen to see your favorite contacts and the pencil button at the top right corner of the screen to draft a new message.
- The meetings Tab shows the upcoming events list. In the meetings Tab, you will find your “Meeting ID.” Click on upcoming events if you want to know about your events or want to delete the previous ones.
- Click on the meeting option where you find the option to add and send invitations to the contacts directly.
- In the contacts tab, you will find your favorite contacts and all the other contacts available in your contact directory.
- Search for the Contact by tapping on the search icon at the top of the page.
- If you want to add new Contact or create a new channel, then click on the plus symbol at the top right corner of the screen.
So, that’s all about the zoom app and its safety measures. At last, we have noticed that the zoom app is safe up to an extent, and only when you follow the guidelines properly.
Thanks for spending time reading our article. We hope this article helps you and clears all your doubts. If you have any questions or queries comment below, we will get back to you as soon as possible. For more latest updates like us, share us and follow us on our website, The Android Portal.