Want to wipe all your data from Google Pixel 2 device? If yes, then you landed here on the right page. In this tutorial, we will discuss some steps and ways to factory reset Google Pixel 2.
Well, there are other reasons such as selling your phone, or maybe the phone performance is slow, or perhaps the phone is suffering from viruses or malware. In those cases, you need to do a hard reset so that your device functions smoothly. The reboot is straightforward to do, whatever the reasons, it doesn’t matter.
The factory reset is essential because it brings back the software of your device and the settings to the default state. Well, there is also a hard reset which is easy to do when your phone does not support, or when its screen is frozen.
The factory reset is the fast and easy way for your device to return it in its standard or original factory settings. A reboot is the mother’s solution in fixing all the issues with your device. So, without further ado, let’s take a look at the solution.
How To Factory Reset Google Pixel 2?
We suggest two ways to factory reset your Google Pixel 2. The soft reset and the hard reset. These two methods can also do a hard reset.
So read carefully and follow the steps below. But, before proceeding, always kept in mind that you have backed up all your essential data; otherwise, you can lose your data.
Soft Reset Google Pixel 2
If your phone is in a frozen state or your phone is not working correctly, then soft reset helps you in solving this issue. Let’s take a look at the steps below:
- Press the “Volume Down Button” and “Power Button” at the same time for about 12-15 seconds.
- Once the screen changes, release the buttons slowly
- Then power your device once again, and soft reset will be done.
Easy? Of course! A soft reset does not delete any data or change any settings.
Hard Reset Google Pixel 2
#1 Hard Reset Via Recovery Mode
- Turn off your device.
- Press the “Volume Down” and “Power Button” together until the Android logo appears on the screen.
- You have seen the colored text — highlight the “Recovery Mode” option by using the “Volume Up and Down Button.”
- Use the “Power Button” to select your action.
- Once you see the android image, again hold the “Power Button” for two seconds. Then hold the “Volume Up Button” along with the power button.
- Release the “Volume Up Button” after 3 seconds. And hold the “Power Button” until your screen shows the android image displaying no command. Release the “Power Button” when you see this screen.
- Navigate to the “Wipe Data” or “Factory Reset” option by using the volume buttons.
Use the “Power Button” to confirm the selection.
- Again use the “Volume Button” to scroll down to yes and confirm the action by using the “Power Button.”
- Wait until the process has been completed.
Once the process has been completed, reboot your device and restart your phone.
You will see that your device is back to its default settings, and now you can restore all the apps and data.
Factory Reset Google Pixel 2 from Settings Menu.
This method is straightforward to perform a factory reset as in this method, you don’t need to turn off your device. So, let’s take a quick look at the steps below.
- Go to the “Settings” menu either from the home screen apps or from the notification bar.
- Scroll down and search for the “Backup And Reset” option.
- In the “Backup and Reset” option, click on the “Factory Data Reset” option.
- Then select the “Reset” option from the list.
- You will get a notification prompt that says “Erase Everything.”
- Click on it and wait for a few minutes until the process has been completed.
- Once the process has been completed, you can again restore all the apps and data in your device.
So, that’s the full guide on how to factory reset Google Pixel 2 with two different methods. You can try any one of the techniques, and you will surely get the results, which means your phone gets back to its normal position. If you have any questions related to this post, comment below we will back to you as soon as possible.
That’s all for now, and thanks for reading this post. We hope you enjoy reading this article. We will back to you with more new and updated posts. Do follow us and stay tuned with us at The Android Portal.
Disclaimer | This article may contain affiliate links, meaning that we may receive a small commission for qualifying purchases at no cost to you.