Many subscribers say that Disney Plus does not work on Samsung Smart TVs. This is a big problem for subscribers who buy a new Samsung Smart TV to watch Disney Plus.
Here are some tips on how to fix the problem. Maybe your smart TV is outdated, or the Disney app needs restarted or other settings. Whatever the reason, there is a solution, and we’ll tell you how to fix it.
Disney Plus Not Working On Samsung Smart TV
Why is Disney Plus Not Working On Samsung Smart TV?
There are a few reasons why Disney Plus might need to be fixed on your Samsung smart TV. One possibility is that your TV is incompatible with the Disney Plus app. Another possibility is that the app is not up to date.
Unfortunately, if your TV is not compatible with Disney Plus, there is little you can do. However, if the app is not up to date, you can try updating it. To do this, go to the app store on your Samsung smart TV and see if there is an update available for Disney Plus. If there is, update the app and see if that fixes the issue.
If neither of these solutions works, there’s likely a problem with Disney Plus itself. In this case, the best thing to do is to contact Disney Plus customer support. They should be able to help you troubleshoot the issue and get Disney Plus working on your Samsung smart TV.
How To Fix Disney Plus Not Working On Samsung Smart TV?
Check Your Internet Connection
To solve this issue, you should check your internet connection.
The app requires a stable connection to work properly. So if your router is showing any red or orange lights, it’s likely that the issue is with your internet, not the app.
Try restarting your router a few times. If that doesn’t work, contact your ISP for help troubleshooting the issue.
Factory reset your Samsung TV.
Taking your TV in for a factory reset may be necessary if you’ve tried all the suggestions above and still can’t get the Disney+ app to work.
Factory resetting is restoring your device to its default settings with no apps or saved information. If you’ve been using your TV for a while and have installed apps using the Google Play Store, this will erase all those apps, so you’ll have to start from scratch.
- To reset your “Samsung TV” back to factory defaults:
2. Press the “Menu key” on the remote.
3. Navigate to “Support,” then “Self-diagnosis.”
4. Go to “Reset,” which will ask you for a code. It is 0000 by default if you haven’t set one.
5. Accept the prompt to initiate the “Reset.”
Once the Reset completes and you’ve set up the TV, get the Disney+ app installed and see if your issues return.
Update Disney Plus App
You may run an older version if you’re having trouble with the Disney Plus app on your Samsung smart TV. You need to update and install the most recent version of Disney Plus on your TV.
- Click on the Home button on your Samsung TV to return to the Home screen if you are not.
2. From the home screen, navigate to the button menu and click on “Apps.”
3. Click on the “Samsung TV apps icon.”
4. On the apps screen, navigate and click on the “Disney Plus app.”
5. On the Disney Plus app description page, you will find the “Update App” button if your Disney Plus app is not the latest version. In that case, go ahead and update it. Otherwise, you will find the “Open” button.
6. On the same page, you will also find details showing the latest version number of the app and installed version number currently installed on your TV just below the Update/Open button. If they match, then you have the latest version installed.
Clear Disney+ App Cache on TV
You can try clearing the app’s cache. This can help resolve any issues that have arisen with the app.
- To clear the cache on the Disney+ app, go to the “Settings menu” on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Then, select the “Apps” option.
- From there, find the Disney+ app and select “Clear Cache.”
After you’ve cleared the cache, restart the Disney+ app and see if the issues have been resolved. If not, you may need to try some other troubleshooting steps.
Re-install Disney+ App
Disney Plus and other apps stop functioning on smart TVs when files become corrupt, which can happen in specific circumstances. Reinstalling the app will usually resolve the problem.
- Navigate to the button menu and select “Apps” from the home screen.
2. Click on the “Settings icon” in the top right corner of the apps page.
3. Scroll down until you find the Disney+ app icon, then click the “Reinstall” button.
4. Reinstall the Disney Plus app on your Samsung TV.
5. “Restart” your Samsung TV, navigate to the “apps tab,” and activate the “Disney+ app.”
6. Enter your “Disney+ account information” and customize the app.
After that, your Disney Plus app should be fully functional on your Samsung smart TV.
Update Samsung Smart TV Software
If your Samsung Tizen OS software is outdated, you might experience issues like Disney Plus or other apps crashing or showing a black/blue screen when you open it.
- To update your Samsung TV software, go to “Settings,” click on the “Support tab,” and select “Software Update.”
- Finally, click on “Update Now.”
You can also update your Samsung TV manually using a USB drive if you are techy.
Check if Your Samsung TV is Compatible
First, make sure that your TV is compatible with the app. You can check by looking at the back of your TV, which will have a model number and other identifying information. If you need to know what model number to search for, visit the Samsung website or ask an employee at your local electronics retailer.
If your TV isn’t compatible with Disney+, you may still be able to watch Disney+ on certain TVs but not others. To find out if the app supports your television, try connecting it directly to another device, like your computer or smartphone.
Contact Disney Plus or Samsung for Support
If you have followed all the tips above, your Disney Plus should work now. However, if the Disney+ app is still not launching, crashing, or showing a black screen on your Samsung TV after following the troubleshooting tips above, your next move is to contact Disney Plus or Samsung for Support.
Samsung provides a few ways you can get in touch with them. You can either give them a call, chat with them online, or send them an email. On the other hand, Disney Plus has a chat support feature on its website that you can use.
The Final Words
So guys, are you also having problems with Disney Plus not working on your TV? If yes, then check out the solutions we have mentioned above. In most of these cases, it is just a matter of restarting your TV, and you will be able to reaccess the app.
If you can still access the app, call the service center for assistance. A trained technician will be able to fix it as soon as possible.