Android phone not showing up on PC? Most common issue when you connect your smartphone to your computer and your computer does not recognise it. This happens to Samsung Galaxy S4, S5 and other Galaxy s series smartphones. When you connect your phone to computer, your computer not recognising USB connection on the phone. But it shows charging indicator, and the phone starts getting charged.
In this guide, we will discuss Samsung phone issue. As mostly this issue occurs with Samsung smartphones. You might download Samsung drivers or Samsung Kies, but still, your computer shows the same error. If you are using any other smartphone and having a similar problem, comment with your device’s model number with the detailed error description. We will find a solution for you.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Not recognised by PC (all Galaxy S devices)
We just found a question from our reader asking a solution for a below problem.
Sometimes my Samsung Galaxy S4 is not connecting to my Computer; I don’t know, but it is very frustrating for me. Any help will be highly appreciated.
Ok, in this article, we will talk all information about this issue and also suggested how to fix it. We have researched several forums, sites to find the best possible solution for this. If you are facing the same problem with your Samsung Galaxy S series device like Galaxy S3, S4, & S5, Don’t worry, just follow below method and tricks to fix it quickly.
Enable USB debugging mode
Before connecting your Samsung Galaxy phone to the computer make sure you have enabled the USB debugging option. If not then follow these simple steps to enable USB debugging mode on your Android device.
Steps to enable USB debugging on Samsung smartphones
- Open “Settings” on your Samsung Galaxy phone.
- In the setting section, swipe to “About” option then navigate to “build number” option
- Now you have to tap “Seven times” on Build number to enable Developer mode on your phone.
- Now go back one step, Open Settings again and scroll down to “Developer options.“
- In the developer options, you will find USB debugging option
- Now you have to enable USB debugging option then try to connect your phone to your computer.
Check more details about enabling and disabling USB debugging on android.
Use Samsung USB cable
Check and try different USB cable. First of all, make sure your USB cable working properly with your computer if not then try a different USB cable. You can also try USB cable that comes with the device.
Use the Samsung USB cable that comes with the Samsung phone. Now plug the USB cable into a slower USB slot on your computer. (slower means USB v2.0) Before connecting the phone to the computer make sure your Samsung Galaxy phone is unlocked.
After connecting, check the “Camera.” from notification bar of your phone. After this, wait few minutes to install drivers to your computer. Now unplug your Samsung Galaxy phone from your computer. After few seconds, plug it back into the computer. Between this process, make sure your phone is unlocked. Now put down the notification bar then choose “Connect as a media device” option.
According to Adam on an android central forum, using a secret code for Samsung worked for him. Just follow mentioned steps to do so.
- Open dial panel & type *#0808#
- Select AP on upper part and
- for USB Setting, choose: MTP
So you don’t have to select connect as media device each time you connect your phone.
Update MTP drivers
If you are facing still this problem with your phone, then try to update your MTP drivers on your computer. Now follow these steps to update drivers on your computer.
Steps to update MTP drivers on computer
- Connect your Samsung phone to your computer
- Now open “Device Manager” on your computer
- Open Device Manager, This trick works on all Windows operating system (Window 7, 8, 8.1, and 10)
- Press Windows + R key at the same time to open Run program
- Now Type “Devmgmt.msc” command and hit the “Enter” key, make sure your device still connected to PC.
- Now Click on “Other devices” option. Here you can see “Samsung Android” or “Unknown Device” with a yellow colour (!) mark
- Now right-click on it and choose “Update Driver Software…….” option then select “Search automatically for Update Driver Software….” option
Now it will download MTP drivers automatically on your computer from the web. After downloading MTP drivers, check your Samsung Galaxy smartphone is connecting to your computer. If not then try our next method.
Download and Install Samsung USB Driver
Make sure you have installed Samsung USB driver into your computer. If not then follow these instructions to download and install USB drivers on your PC and laptop.
- Visit this link to download USB driver for your Phone
- Now follow onscreen instruction to download drivers
- Here you have to go to Phones > Then Choose “Phone series” > Now Choose the model number of your phone.
- You will see “Get downloads” button and click on it. Now press Ctrl + F button to find, type “USB” and hit the enter button
- Download Samsung USB drivers from there
After downloading, follow the onscreen instruction to setup Samsung USB drivers on your computer. After following all those listed steps, restart your computer & phone. Now connect your Samsung Galaxy S4 or other Samsung devices to your PC and check. It will start working now.
Check this video published on YouTube by FragReview on how you can quickly solve this issue.
Still seeing any error? Try mentioning the error or details in the comment section below. We will try to provide a solution on that. Does this article help you? Please share it on a social network to help other peoples.