Nowadays, a smartphone is mostly used to use the internet on the device. Also of that, it also fulfills most of the requirement of the users. For children, the smartphone device is like a game station. But for all the activities, mostly the cellular data is a must. If you do not have a free cellular data on your mobile, then it’s like nothing you have. All the network provider companies have set a data limit to use it on the mobile. It means, if you have reached that limit then the provider not allows you to use the net. So, at that time, the data usage warning feature will help you a lot. But, what is data usage warning? The answer you will get shortly.
The most recent trend of using the internet data is via JIO. When the JIO was new, at that time they were provided 4 GB of data per Day. After the time gone, the daily data limit of JIO is reduced to the 1 GB. Nowadays, the same daily data limit is provided by them. But, when JIO was not in the market, mostly data provider was provided 1 GB as monthly data limit. So, when the data is limited, at that time, you have to worried about it. If the limited data consumes early then rest of the day you have to use mobile without data.
So, to get rid of this situation, the data usage warning feature is most useful to you.
What is Data Usage Warning?
The Data Usage Warning feature will help you when you are having a limited daily cellular data. This feature warns you if you have used the data up to the data set limit. But, before that, you have to set the data limit on your device. As per your use of data per day, you can set data limit. This feature warns you via a notification when you are close to the data limit. It will prevent you to use the data more than the limit that you have set. But how to set the data limit? To get to know about it, just check out the below easy steps.
Keep in mind that this steps of the data set limit are according to the device running on 6.0 Android. So, if your Android device is running below this Android version, then this process is not for you. But, your device may contain the same steps.
How to set Data Usage Limit on Android Mobile?
So, here we will describe some easy steps to set the data limit on your Android 6.0 Marshmallow version mobile. By using which you can enjoy the data with a warning of the data limit.
Take a look at the steps and enjoy the cellular data.
- First of all, open the Settings of your Android mobile.
- Go to the Dual SIM and Mobile Network option.
- Here, scroll down the display and you should see a tag of Mobile Data Usage.
- Under the same tag, there is three options are available.
- In which, the third option is Daily Data Reminder. This is the option for you which helps you to set the daily data limit. Tap on it to open.
- Here, you should see various data limits such as 10 MB, 50 MB, 100 MB, 200 MB, 500 MB, 1000 MB and 5000 MB.
- From here, as per your requirement of using the data, you can set up the daily data limit.
If you are JIO user, then you should probably get 1 GB daily data usage from JIO. So, for that, you can set up the data limit as 500 MB. If you are using the data via other companies excepting JIO, even then you can also set the data limit.
After setting it, it will warn you every time when you are close to the data usage 500 MB per day. So, like this way, the Data Usage Warning feature helps you.
How to Set Data Usage Statistics?
Most of the new smartphone device has the feature of Data Usage Warning. The same feature also shows you a data usage statistics. It means the sum of all the data usage throughout a month. For that, you have to set a start date, from where the data statistics starts to count the data usage.
To set data usage statistic, follow the steps:
- Open Settings >> Dual SIM and Mobile Network >> Mobile Data Usage.
- Here, choose the second option of Start Date for Data Usage Statistics.
- From here you can set up the date from where you want to start the data usage statistics.
After setting up the data statistics, it will start its work from the very next moment. To get access to the daily data usage and data usage statistics, just pull down the notification bar. At the bottom of the notification bar, you can see that data usage. If your device does not show you that, then you have to enable it.
The enabling process of it is quite easy.
To do so,
- Open the Settings of the mobile.
- The, go to the Notification and Status Bar option by selecting it.
- Here, under the tag Notification Bar, you should see two options.
- In which, next to the first option, there is an on/off toggle. The first option is Show Data Usage at the Bottom of the Notification Bar.
- Now, just tap on the toggle to display the daily data usage and data usage statistics.
After doing so, now check the notification bar again. Now, you should see both that things related to data usage. By this way, the Data Usage Warning feature will help you to get to know about the data limit. The steps described above may not same for all the devices which are running on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. However, it depends on the manufacturer of the mobile that how they have set it. In short, the process may be same but the steps may vary.
We hope that you should get all idea about this Data Usage Warning feature. We also hope that this discussion about the Data usage will help you a lot. If it helps you, then also share it with other Android 6.0 mobile users.
We also welcome your comments and opinions regarding the discussion.