A well-known electronics item and smartphone manufacturer company Samsung has launched many of smartphones till now. All the smartphone launched by the company comes with so many amazing specifications and features. Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone is one of them. Here, we will discuss the Fixing Samsung Storage Space Running Out problem, which occurs in this Galaxy S4 device and many other Samsung smartphones. The problem is storage space running out errors on smartphones.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone comes with a huge 5.0-inch Super AMOLED multi-capacitive touchscreen display and a screen resolution up to 1080 x 1920 pixels. The pixel density of the display is high which is around of 440 PPI. The display is made up of Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection. This Samsung device is powered by an Exynos 5410 Octa core processor.
For the obstacle-free performance of this device, 2 GB of RAM is also coupled with it. It runs on an Android operating system along with version 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, which is up-gradable to the new version 5.0.1 Lollipop.
The main camera of this Samsung smartphone comes with 13 MP resolution along with many camera features such as f/2.2 aperture, face detection, geo-tagging, autofocus, and LED flashlight, especially given for taking high-quality images and videos as well. It also has a front-facing camera with a resolution of 2 MP, provided for capturing amazing selfies and front clicks.
In terms of built-in memory storage space, it comes with different storage space option like 16 GB, 32 GB, and 64 GB. This can be expanded further by using an external micro SD card with up to 64 GB of more data storage capacity. It will support both 2G and 3G connectivity. It also has a massive battery capacity of up to 2600 mAh and a removable Li-ion battery.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Features
- 5.0 inch Super AMOLED multi capacitive touch screen display with resolution 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Powered by an Exynos 5410 Octa-core processor
- 2 GB of RAM
- Runs on an Android operating system with version 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- 13 MP resolution Main camera with features like f/2.2 aperture, autofocus and LED flashlight
- 2 MP resolution Front facing camera
- Different storage space options like 16 GB, 32 GB, and 64 GB
- Expanded further by external micro SD card up to 64 GB of more data capacity
- Support both the 2G and 3G connectivity
- 2600 mAh battery capacity with removable Li-ion battery
As we mentioned above, we will discuss the problem of running out of storage space of your Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone. All users use the smartphone for entertainment, storage, communication, and other work. Most of the users of this Samsung smartphone use a 16 GB internal memory variant device.
With the 16 GB of built-in memory storage space, users can store many files and data in the device. But with the passage of time, when your Galaxy device is full of apps and data, then a problem of running out of storage space will occur in the device. This kind of error will also affect your smartphone’s performance its battery life.
How To Get Rid of Storage Space Running Out ?
There are also some reasons why the error or problem of storage space running out take place in your Samsung Galaxy device. The reasons for this kind of error is listed here, so you can get an idea about which kind of reason takes place in your device.
The Reasons for the Problem of Running Out of Storage Space in Samsung Galaxy S4
- So many apps are running in the background at the same time
- Insufficient RAM
- An external memory card is full of the data
- Internal memory storage does not have enough space
- Unwanted apps and files stored in the built-in memory space of the device
- Error in external memory card
After discussing those reasons, you will notice any of the reasons that cause issues with your smartphone. There are many solutions by which you can solve this error and also improve the performance of your Samsung Galaxy device as well.
Now, we will get the information about the solution of this error in step-by-step instructions.
Remove/Delete unused apps.
This is a very easy and fast process to eliminate the error of storage space running out. If there is some space is occupied by unwanted junk apps and files, then quickly find it out and remove it from the device.
Using this method, you can easily free up space of your Samsung device. This method applies to other smartphones as well.
To find out about unnecessary apps & files, follow the instruction below.
- First of all, go to the Settings of your device. Then open the option of Application Manager by going into the option of More.
- Now here, the display of this option shows you the list of apps. It also shows how much space is occupied by the apps.
- Now from that list, you can easily find an app you do not want longer.
- You can easily remove or uninstall that app, which makes your device space free.
Clear caches from device
This is another best and easy way to make your device space-free. Here, we also have shown the method by which you can easily clear the caches from your smartphone device.
- First of all, go to the Settings menu of your smartphone. Then tap on the option of Application Manager by going into the option of More.
- On display, you can see the option of Cache.
- There is also a button for Clear Cache available. By just tapping on the Clear Cache option, you can make your device space accessible. Once you have cleared all the cache from your device, you may solve the error of storage space running out.
There is also one option: install apps like a clean master, by which you can also clear the memory of your device to improve the performance of the Galaxy S4 smartphone device. You can also check out how to clean masterworks to clean junk files and make free space on your device from the below video.
We hope that this information about the error and solution of running out of storage space of your Samsung Galaxy S4 device will be very useful to you to get a solution to this error.
See also: How To Disable Auto Save Pictures In WhatsApp?
Backup Old Data to Google Auto backup
You also know that we don’t need some photos on the device, but we want to save it as old memories. Google provides a great option to back up photos to Google drive automatically. All you need to do is configure your device to auto-backup photos from your device.
So whenever you capture new images, they will be uploaded to the Google photo backup service. You can also easily disable Google auto backup using this method.
Moving those photos to the cloud as a backup will create free space on your device. You can also use Dropbox-like apps to back up your photos on the cloud for FREE.
Move Apps to SD cards.
Most Samsung smartphones will install new apps in the device memory. You should install apps to your sd card instead of internal memory.
The ability to move apps to an SD card depends on the device and the version of Android it is running.
If you want to move your mobile apps to your memory card, follow the steps below:
- Open the “Settings” app on your device.
- Tap on “Apps” or “Application manager.“
- Find the app you want to move and tap on it.
- Tap on “Storage.”
- Tap on “Change” or “Move” under the “Storage used” section.
- Choose the SD card as the destination for the app.
Please note that some apps cannot be moved to an SD card. The “Change” or “Move” option will not be available in this case. Also, not all devices can move apps to an SD card, and some may require a rooted device. You may try using apps like app2sd for android. This will help you to save your internal storage and prevent you from getting out of storage.
Clear Recent Apps
Android comes with multi-tasking features so that you can enjoy multiple apps together. But those apps are running in the background and consume its storage. This will lower the performance of your device. But you can always clear recent apps from your device to make FREE RAM. Follow the steps below to clear recent apps.
- Press & hold the home key for a few seconds so the recent apps screen will be shown
- You will notice a few apps opened with thumbnails; swipe them right or left to kill that app. You can also use some task-killer apps to kill unwanted background processes on your smartphone.
Now open task manager from your smartphone and tap the RAM to see how much RAM is currently available for work. You will see used/total numbers there; you will need to touch the clear memory option to make free space for RAM.
Remove Widgets from Homescreen & Launchers
- Long press on the widget you want to remove.
- Drag the widget to the “Remove” or “Trash” icon at the top or bottom of the screen.
Release the widget.
Note: The exact steps may vary depending on your device and launcher. If you use a third-party launcher, consult its documentation for instructions on removing widgets.
Here we have listed the best way to Fix Samsung Storage Space Running Out on smartphones. Do let us know if you know of any other method to make free space on your device.