A well known electronics item and smartphone manufacturer company Samsung has launched many of smartphone till now. All the smartphone launched by company, comes with so many amazing specifications and features. Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone is one of them. Here, we will discuss about the Fixing Samsung Storage Space Running Out problem, which occurs in this Galaxy S4 device as well as many other samsung smartphones. The problem is storage space running out error on smartphone.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone comes with huge 5.0 inch Super AMOLED multi capacitive touch screen display along with the screen resolution up to 1080 x 1920 pixels. The pixel density of the display is high which is around of 440 PPI. The display is made up with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection. This Samsung device is powered by a Exynos 5410 Octa core processor.
For obstacle free performance of this device, 2 GB of RAM memory is also coupled with it. It runs on an Android operating system along with the version 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, which is up-gradable up to the new version 5.0.1 Lollipop.
The main camera of this Samsung smartphone comes with 13 MP resolution along with many camera features such as f/2.2 aperture, face detection, geo-tagging, auto focus and LED flashlight, specially given for taking high quality images and videos as well. It also has front facing camera with resolution of 2 MP, provided for captured amazing selfies and front clicks.
In terms of built-in memory storage space, it comes with different different storage space option like 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB. Which can be also expanded further by using external micro SD card up to 64 GB of more data storage capacity. It will support both 2G and 3G connectivity. It also has massive battery capacity up to 2600 mAh along with removable Li-ion battery.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Features
- 5.0 inch Super AMOLED multi capacitive touch screen display with resolution 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Powered by a Exynos 5410 Octa core processor
- 2 GB of RAM memory
- Runs on an Android operating system with the version 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- 13 MP resolution Main camera with features like f/2.2 aperture, auto focus and LED flashlight
- 2 MP resolution Front facing camera
- Different different storage space option like 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB
- Expanded further by external micro SD card up to 64 GB of more data capacity
- Support both the 2G and 3G connectivity
- 2600 mAh battery capacity with removable Li-ion battery
As we mentioned above that we will discuss about the problem of running out of storage space of your Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone. All the users are use the smartphone device for entertainment, storage, communication and also for some other work. Most of the users of this Samsung smartphone, have use 16 GB internal memory variant device.
With the 16 GB of built-in memory storage space, users can store so many files and data in the device. But with the passage of time, when your Galaxy device is full with the apps and data, then a problem of running out of storage space will occur in device. This kind of error will also affect your smartphone’s performance its battery life.
How To Get Rid of Storage Space Running Out ?
There are also some reasons, by which the error or problem of storage space is running out take place in your Samsung Galaxy device. The reasons of this kind of error is listed here, so you can get idea about the which kind of reason take place in your device.
The Reasons for the Problem of Running Out of Storage Space in Samsung Galaxy S4
- So many apps are running in the background at a same time
- Insufficient RAM memory
- An external memory card is full with the data
- Internal memory storage does not have enough space
- Unwanted apps and files stored in built-in memory space of the device
- Error in external memory card
After discussing about those reasons, you will clearly notice any of the reason that cause issue with your smartphone. There are many solution, by which you can solve this error and also improve the performance of your Samsung Galaxy device as well.
Now, we will get the information about the solution of this error in step by step instructions.
Remove/Delete unused apps
This is very easy and fast process, to get rid of error of storage space running out. If there are some space is occupied by the unwanted junk apps and files, then quickly find it out and remove it from the device. By using this method, you can easily free up space of your Samsung device. This method is applicable for other smartphones as well.
To find out that unnecessary apps & files, follow the instruction mentioned below.
- First of all, go to the Settings of your device. Then open the option of Application Manager by going into option of More.
- Now here, the display of this option shows you the list of apps. It also shows the how much space occupied by the apps.
- Now from that list, you can easily find that app which you do not want longer.
- You can easily remove or uninstall that app, which makes your device space free.
Clear caches from device
This is another best and easy way to make space free your device. Here, we also have shown the method, by which you can easily clear the caches from your smartphone device.
- First of all, go to the Settings menu of your smartphone. Then tap on the option of Application Manager by going into the option of More.
- On the display, you can see the option of Cache.
- There is also a button of Clear Cache is available. By just tapping on the Clear Cache option, you will be able to make your device space free. If once you have cleared all the cache from your device, you may solve the error of storage space running out.
There is also one option that you install some apps like cleanmaster , by which you can also clear the memory of your device to improve performance of Galaxy S4 smartphone device. You can also check out how clean master works to clean junk files and make free space on your device from below video.
We hope that this information about the error and solution of running out of storage space of your Samsung Galaxy S4 device, will very useful to you to get solution of this error.
Backup Old Data to Google Autobackup
You also know that we don’t need some photos on device but we want to save it as old memories. Google is providing a great option to backup photos to Google drive automatically. All you need to do is configure your device to autobackup photos from your device. So whenever you capture new images, it will be uploaded to Google photo backup service. You can also easily disable Google autobackup using this method.
Moving those photos to cloud as backup will make some free space on your device. You can also use Dropbox like apps too to backup your photos on cloud for FREE.
Move Apps to SD cards
Most of the samsung smartphone will install new apps in device memory. It is recommended that you install apps to your sd card instead of internal memory. However if you have already installed apps in your internal memory, you can always change it using apps like app2sd for android. This will help you to save your internal storage and prevent you getting out of storage.
Clear Recent Apps
Android comes with multi tasking features, so that you can enjoy multiple apps together. But those apps are running in the background and consume it’s storage. This will lowering down performance of your device. But you can always clear recent apps from your device to make FREE RAM memory. Follow the steps below to clear recent apps.
- Press & hold home key for few seconds so recent apps screen will be shown
- You will notice few apps opened with thumbnails, swipe them right or left to kill that app. You can also use some task killer apps to kill unwanted background process on your smartphone.
Now open task manager from your smartphone and tap the RAM to see how much RAM memory currently available for work. You will see used/total numbers there, you will need to touch clear memory option to make free space for RAM.
Remove Widgets from Homescreen & Launchers
You might not know but home screen widget and launchers eats so much RAM. Specially home screen widget that has to fetch data from your apps like Gmail widget or similar. Live wallpaper also needs RAM memory to work, it is recommended that you switch to normal wallpaper on smartphone instead of live wallpaper. This will help you to prevent getting Storage Space Running Out error on your smartphone.
Here we have listed the best way to Fix Samsung Storage Space Running Out on smartphones. Do let us know if you know any other method to make free space on your device. Also ask in forum if you have any device specific problem like this one.