The series of Samsung smartphones are much in trend because it comes with all unique and fantastic features and design. The most popular series of Samsung smartphones is the Galaxy series, and Samsung Galaxy S7 is among the highest range phone with all features.
For your information, with galaxy, S7 Samsung brought back the micro SD card slot for Samsung lovers. So, in Galaxy S7 phone you can quickly move your apps to your inserted SD card. The most significant advantage of the external SD card support is that you can boost the Samsung Galaxy S7 storage space up to 200GB. As the maximum Samsung Galaxy s7 storage capacity is up to 200GB using an external microSD card slot.
Most android phones contain two SIM slots and one micro SD card slot, but what Samsung has done is that it turns the SIM tray of the phone into the micro SD slot as well. In other words, it is a multi-purpose tray; you can use it either for the second SIM or for the SD card slot.
Moreover, in this article, we will discuss how to insert an SD card in the Galaxy s7 sd card slot. So, let’s not waste time and start doing that right now.
How To Insert SD Card In Galaxy S7?
Image credit: flickr.com
Start by following the quick steps below to learn more about how to put sd card in galaxy s7:
Step 1: Use the ejection pin, which is given to you with the box.
Step 2: Insert the ejection pin into the hole of the tray to loosen the tray. You will hear a sound (usually a click sound) when the tray pops out.
Step 3: Put the tray gently from your device. Also, please note that when you remove the plate, your mobile data connection will be disabled. This is because your SIM card will get disconnected from your phone.
Step 4: Now place the memory card on the second slot with the gold-colored contacts facing downwards.
Step 5: Next, you need to gently press the memory card into the slot to secure it or to fix it properly into the slot.
Step 6: Insert the tray back into your device.
You have successfully inserted the memory card into your Samsung Galaxy S7. Now just check the notification bar or area of your phone, and there you will see a notification showing “An sd card is inserted” or anything similar to this message. It was all about how to put an sd card in a galaxy S7.
If you want to learn more about how to remove sd card from galaxy s7, you can follow the same process mentioned above.
Some points to remember:
- Remember to not make tray wet (accidentally) when you insert it into your device.
- Make sure that the ejection pin is always perpendicular to your device so that it can prevent your device from any damage.
- Samsung galaxy s7 sd card slot can accept memory cards up to 200 GB.
- Always use the fully compatible SD card. An incompatible SD card may not work and corrupt your data.
- Do not remove the memory card while the device is in the process of transferring or receiving data. If you do so, you can lose or corrupt or damage your data or even memory card.
- The device supports only the FAT and exFAT file systems format of the SD card.
- Frequent ejecting and erasing of data may shorten the lifespan of your memory card.
- When inserting the memory card into the device, the memory card files appear in my files > SD card folder.
I hope you easily understood the above steps on how to insert an SD card in Galaxy S7. If you face any issue, just comment below, and we can help you.
So, that’s all with this post. We hope you have enjoyed reading this and it was helpful for you. Also, do follow The Android Portal and for more updates related to the Android and smartphone world.