We always want to keep our smartphone as healthy and wealthy as it was at the time of buying. And, for that, we have to care for it like a child. Even after that, after using the mobile, sometimes somehow malware or viruses takes place in it. This malware plays an apparently significant role in damaging the mobile internally.
So, whenever you feel that the mobile’s performance gets damaged, you must also think about the viruses. And for that, here we are discussing how to get rid of malware on Android.
But, before that, you will have to stop all the activities which encourage the malware to come in. Below is the list of activities that might invite the malware to the device.
- Whenever you download and install the apps from unreliable or less-reliable sources.
- Due to some needs, we often have to connect our mobile to the PC. At that time, if the PC is affected by the viruses, then your device may get affected by the viruses. In other words, we can say that, with the help of the connection, they got their way. So, connect the phone to the PC every time to make sure about the malware.
- Sometimes, the file-sharing app for Android devices also causes the same issue. So, whenever you are using those apps, make sure about it.
- Some Android apps are not readily available in the Google Play Store. For those apps, you must use the .apk file. To do so, you must take from any other online and offline sources. All those sources are not reliable. So, download those apps after ensuring the source which offers you the particular app.
- When we are surfing the internet, at that time, some viruses takes place on the device.
So, whenever you are going to do any of the above activities, first of all, make sure about the malware.
Now, we move on to the main points of getting rid of Android malware.
How To Get Rid of Malware on Android
Anti-virus Android Apps
You can use verified anti-virus apps to get rid of the malware on Android. There are many sources available that offer you many of the apps. And even on the Google Play Store, you may find many of those apps.
But, it may put you in little confused about choosing the best. So also, to remove it, visit the list of best apps.
- CM Security Antivirus App
- Lock 360 Security – Antivirus Boost
- Sophos Free Antivirus and Security
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Bitdefender Antivirus Free
So, just go to the Play Store and download- install any app. You can also use a third-party anti-virus app after ensuring its reliability.
Factory Data Reset
The factory data reset will play a significant role in troubleshooting this issue. As we are using various apps on mobile, the device stored much of the cache memory. When this memory is enough, it may start to show its colors.
And, sometimes, it also offers some virus to the device affected by the cached data. The best option is a factory data reset to get rid of the cached data.
You can perform Soft Factory Data Reset as well as Hard Factory Data Reset. Here, you will get both of them. But, make sure that before performing any of them, you do not forget to take a backup of the data because it will erase everything that you have stored on the device except cloud storage. So, it is better to save all the data into cloud storage like Drive, Dropbox, and more. Isn’t it?
Let’s move to the Soft Factory Data Reset. For this, you do not need to switch off your phone. To know what to do in this process, take a look at the easy steps.
- Go to the Settings of your smartphone.
- Then, go to the Backup and Reset option.
- Here, tap on the Factory Data Reset option.
- On the next display, at the end of the screen, you should see the Reset Phone option. Tap on it to proceed.
- As you tap on it, the next screen will prompt you to take your confirmation to do so. Here, again click on the Erase Everything option.
- With the tap on it, the Factory Data Reset process will start.
Wait until the completion of the process is not done. Now, it’s time to perform the next Hard Factory Data Reset process.
To do so,
- First of all, Switch off the mobile.
- Now, Press and hold the Volume Down button and Power button at the same time.
- After that, the display lights up with the Android logo. You can also see a Reboot Bootloader option.
- Here, by using the Volume Up button, navigate the options and find the Recovery Mode option. Select it by using the Power button.
- On the next display, you can see an Android logo again. Now, press the Volume Up button and Power button at the same time.
- Then, navigate to the Wipe Data/Factory Reset using the Volume Down key. Next, Display would ask you to confirm the action. Then, tap on the Yes option.
- Wait till the phone gets turned on again.
So, in this way, after performing both processes, you find changes in the device. These processes accurately reduce the intensity of the malware.
We hope that this guide on getting rid of Android malware will help you a lot. Also, do let us know your experience with this helping guide.