There are lots of features comes with every smartphone. In which, the Bluetooth was one of the most used features to share the files. And still, it is in use by most of the users to complete the action of sharing of small files. Also of that, the latest devices also offer you Wi-Fi to accomplish the same work. We know that while using these features, we have noticed a name that came with the device. That name can be seen on the detected devices. This name should be mainly of the device name or some numbers. But, what to do if you want to change that name on your device? You just have to visit this discussion of How to Change Android Device Name and doing it.
Yes, this little discussion will help you to Change the name of your Android Device. So, now have a look at the full discussion of it and update the favorite name of your Android device.
How to Change Android Device Name?
Here, in this discussion, we write on three-way to change your android phone name. By using which, you can change the name of your mobile phone. Also, you can also change the name of mobile for Bluetooth as well as Wi-Fi Connection. As per your requirement, you can choose any of the processes that work on your phone. So, take a look at the Changing Android Device Name process and keep using the device with a new name.
How to Change Android Device Name from Settings
The simplest way to change the name of Android from the Settings. We will use Samsung Galaxy S4 for this tutorial. If you have any other smartphone, you should check similar option. As process will be same, just some option will be different on other manufacturer devices.Just follow the below steps, to modify your Android phone name from setting option.
- First of all, open the Settings of your Android mobile.
- Then, go to the About Device option which comes at the bottom. Tap on it.
- On the next display, you should see the information regarding your smartphone.
- In which, there is also an option of Device Name. Now, go to this option.
- Here, you can change the name. You can enter the name as per your wish. Then, click OK to allow the device to change the name.
If you want to change it again, then simply follow above steps again. You can change it many times. All the Samsung Android users can easily apply steps on their devices. And for other users, the process will be same, but steps may differ. Now, we describe steps to changing the name of the mobile for Bluetooth connection.
How to Change Android Device Name for Wi-Fi
Now, it’s time to change the name of the mobile for Wi-Fi Connection. Here, the steps for same will discuss below. So, check it out to do so.
- First of all, unlock your mobile and go to the Settings of it.
- Go to the Wi-Fi option. Here, you have to enable this feature to change the name. So, to enable it, just tap on the toggle. You can also make it enable directly from the notification panel. For that, just pull down the notification panel, and tap on the sign of Wi-Fi.
- Then, tap on the left soft button which is on the left side of the Home button. It shows you a pop-up along with some options.
- Here, in this pop-up, the second option is Wi-Fi Direct. Tap on it.
- On the next display, you should see the name of the device, which we have changed in the first process.
- Now, once again, tap on the left soft button. It will again bring a pop-up at the bottom of the screen with a single option. This single option is Rename Device.
- Tap on this option, to proceed with the changing a name. Here, change the name of the Wi-Fi connection.
If you have followed above steps correctly, then it is too easy to change the name of the mobile. By changing the name through this process will also change the name of the device. It means, the name changed by the first process will also change by this rename device option of this process. Now, presenting in front of you, the last and third process of changing the name. But, this time, it is for Bluetooth connection.
How to Change Android Device Name for Bluetooth
The process of Change Android Device Name for Bluetooth is also quite easy. In which, likewise above processes, you have to just follow the easy steps. With the help of those steps, you will be able to do so.
So, do not wait for others and take a look at the steps.
- Very first, launch the menu on your Android smartphone.
- Then, go to the Settings of it.
- Here, under the Wireless and Networks tag, go to the Bluetooth option.
- To change the name of the mobile for Bluetooth connection, first of all, you have to make it activate. To activate it, like Wi-Fi, tap on the toggle.
- You will also be able to enable the same feature from the notification panel. To do so, follow the same process that we have mentioned in above process. But, here tap on the Bluetooth sign instead of Wi-Fi.
- After enabling it, tap on the three dots at the top right corner of the screen. It shows you options, in which there is also an option of Rename this device. For the same, you can also use left soft button.
- Tap on the Rename this device option. From here, you can change the name of the device for Bluetooth.
Remember that the name changed by you from any process, will also change the name for all features. So, keep in mind this thing. All these methods can also be used to change the name of your android mobile. We also mention here that this tricks can easily apply to the Samsung users on their devices. And for other users, the process will be same, but steps may differ.
Now, we have completed the discussion of How to Change Android Device Name. In which we have listed three processes. You can use any of the tricks. We hope that this discussion will be beneficial to you. If it helps, then also let it share with other Android users.