Heard about Fitbit Pay? Wondering how it works, what are the limitations, etc.? Well, here is everything that you always wanted to know about Fitbit Pay. Read on this post till the end to know all the facts and features related to Fitbit Pay.
Contactless payments have been rocking the world for the last few years and are the easiest way today to do the transactions. Contactless payments basically mean that you can pay anywhere with your smartphones or smartwatches if you do not carry the cash. The whole idea behind cashless and contactless payment is to make your life easy and comfortable.
There are so many apps available on Play Store that support contactless payments. And, that’s where the Fitbit Pay comes into the picture to offer you excellent service in every aspect of contactless payments. Fitbit is one of the well-known companies which deal with various products like smartwatches, trackers, etc. And, finally, there’s its own contactless payment service, which is very famous in the world.
So, in today’s article, we are going to discuss everything about the Fitbit app. Excited to know, just read our full guide because we have covered almost everything for you.
What is Fitbit Pay?
Fitbit Pay is the contactless payment app that allows you to pay anywhere with your Fitbit smartwatch or fitness tracker. However, please note that you can use this app only on stores where you can see the wave symbol, which simply means contactless payments are accepted here from a supported NFC (Near Field Communication) system via debit, or credit cards. With the Fitbit Pay app, you can pay anywhere anytime with your smartphones or smartwatches.
But while installing any app, we are always concerned about security issues. Well, Fitbit Pay removes all the lags and offers you the best and tight safety with fantastic security features. It means with the Fitbit app, thanks to the industry level tokenized platform it relies on, there’s almost nothing to worry about your funds and debit or credit card details. Fitbit Pay uses high- security features that ensure and promise that your essential information will never be leaked to the merchants or even Fitbit itself.
For more security reasons for your debit and credit card details, just add Four Digit PIN as an extra security layer. Moreover, your details are also secure if you use this app in your smartwatch.
Fitbit Pay Supported Devices
Well, Fitbit Pay supports are almost all Fitbit smartwatches and fitness trackers. From the Fitbit Charge to the Fitbit versa 2, the app is perfectly compatible with all the devices. See Fitbit supported devices lists below:
- Fitbit Charge 4 (all models)
- Fitbit Versa 2 (all models)
- Fitbit Charge 3 (special edition only)
- Fitbit Versa (special edition only)
- Fitbit Ionic (all Models)
How To Use Fitbit Pay?
Starting from adding the card and making payment, we will explain everything step by step below. First of all, you need to successfully install the app from Google play store and sign up, and then sign-in into your account. Once done, you need to follow the quick steps as mentioned below.
Adding Your Debit Or Credit Card To Fitbit
To use the contactless payment feature with Fitbit Pay, you need to add at least one debit or credit card so that you can pay directly with your bank account. Here is the step by step guide to follow.
- Open the “Fitbit App” from the home screen apps.
- At the top left corner of the screen, click or tap on your “Profile Picture.”
- Search for the “Device Tab,” and then you need to click there on any “Fitbit device,” which you want to add in your app for payments.
- Once you’re done adding your device, you need to click on the “”
- Then click on the “Get Started” option and then follow the instructions appearing on your phone screen carefully.
- For more security of your details, you need to “set up a PIN for the smartwatch” and “set the PIN, Password, or Fingerprint recognition for your smartphone.”
- After that, add the card by following the instructions on your phone’s screen.
- Once added, you should enable the notifications.
That’s all, and your setup process is completed. Now it’s time to see how to make payments from the Fitbit app.
How Do You Make A Payment With Fitbit Pay?
Want to know how to make a payment from the Fitbit app? Quickly follow the step by step guide and instructions below:
- First, you need to press and hold the “Left Control Button” of the smartwatch for a few seconds.
- Release the button when you see “Payment Screen” is popping up on the device. If the payment screen does not pop up, you need to swipe the screen until you reach this popup screen.
- Once you are there, you need to enter your “four-digit security PIN” to unlock.
- Next, you need to tap on your “default card” and then hold your wrists for a few seconds towards the payment terminal. And your payment will be made successfully within no time.
Always remember that the face of the watch is still towards the terminal during payment.
Fitbit Pay Rules And Limitations
All the online transaction apps come with many advantages but a few limitations as well. As you already know, Fitbit Pay is a new contactless service, so it also has a few shortcomings. The restrictions are not so severe but kept to be remembered.
One of the most significant limitations is that it does not support all bank cards for payment service, it supports a number of banks. The other limitation is that most banks and countries limit the online money transaction to a certain amount on a day, week, or monthly basis. In other words, you can pay up to the setup limit as defined by your bank.
Bonus Information Related To Fitbit Pay
You can add up to six cards in the Fitbit wallet and set one card as your default card. To set up and define the default card:
- Open the app and click on the “wallet” section.
- Then” find the target card” that you want to set as a default card.
- After selecting, tap on “Set as Default.”
So, here the guide ends explaining everything you should know about Fitbit Pay. We provide you all the information related to Fitbit Pay and its security and features. We hope you got all the useful info here, and now you can use the app freely.
Thanks for reading our article. We hope that this article helps you in one or another way and clears all your concerns. Don’t forget to share our article and for new articles and updates stay tuned with us on our website.