Have you ever faced “There was a Problem Communicating with Google Servers” error? Whether it is on Xiaomi, Samsung, Oppo, Vivo or any other smartphone. However, this error often comes whenever you are about to open Play Store after resetting the device. It occurs even the account has already added to the device.
If once this error comes, then you should no longer be able to use such google service unless you fix it. And, this is why it is essential to fix it as quickly as possible. So, here we have a quick guide on how to fix Problem Communicating with Google Servers error.
How to Fix There was a Problem Communicating with Google Servers?
In this quick guide, we will let you know some tricks to fix the issue related to Android smartphones. So, let’s have a look at the guide and try out the best to fix it.
Check the Connectivity
Many people might consider this is as a silly thing, but it is most important to check the connectivity. Many times, due to something or some reasons, we might forget to enable the connectivity. So, it is always beneficial to check the connectivity whenever you are facing such an issue.
If you are using the mobile data connection, and the error message appears, check the network firstly. If you are in the area where the poor signal is coming, then it is advisable to enable the flight mode. Wait for a while, and then disable the flight mode, and turn on the data connection. If you are still at the same stage, then you may check other factors.
If you are using the Wi-Fi network connection, and you get the error message, check wisely. First of all, check whether the Wi-Fi option is activated or not. If it is on, then check the range of the Wi-Fi connection and mobile. Although, other factors are also required to monitor.
Check the Date and Time
Settings of the time and date are one of the most natural things. But, when you failed to do so, you might face some issues. So, here in this case, if the device has not right date and time settings, you have to do it.
To do so,
- Go to the Settings >> Date and Time.
- Here, set the time and date.
- You can also select the option Use Network Service Provider Time.
Remove & Re-add the Account
This is one of the easy but very effective tricks to get rid of the There was a Problem Communicating with Google Servers issue. Here, in which, we will remove the Google Account which you have added to the device. After doing so, we will add it again to let you use the Google service to continue.
But, before you are about to remove the account, keep in mind, the all data related to that account will be wiped. So, if you have something important, do not forget to take the backup.
Now, the procedure of removing the Google Account is listed here.
- Go to the Settings.
- Then, go to the Accounts option.
- On the next display, you should see an option of Google options. Tap on it.
- It will show you the list of all the existing Google Accounts on your device right now. While it does not matter that you regularly use those accounts or not.
- Now, from the list, select the Google account that you want to remove. Then, tap on it.
- It will open a display for you. On this display, you should see three dotted points at the top right corner of it. Tap on it.
- The single tap on that dotted points will open a pop-up for you. In the pop-up, Sync Now and Remove account options will be there.
- Now, to remove the Google account, click on the Remove account option. The selection of it will prompt you once again. The prompt is as “Removing this account will delete all of its messages, contacts, and other data from the phone!”
- Here, once again, you have to choose an option of Remove Account. It may take some time to reset the Google account. Wait until the completion of the process.
Now, the Google Account will be removed from the mobile. Then, its time to Re-add it again. To do so,
- Again, Go to the Settings.
- Go to the Accounts.
- Tap on Add Account.
- On the next display, you should have some options to choose from.
- Now, go into the Google option.
- And, it will ask you to create the new Google Account.
- But, here we are about to add the account which has been created already.
- So, simply just enter the ID and Password, and allow all the prompts.
And, you will be done. Now, try to use Google services. You might not get such an error message now.
For Rooted device
If you have a rooted device, you can follow the steps to fix the issue permanently.
- Remove your google account.
- Download root explorer apk & install it
- Open root explorer first mount it as read and write from option
- Now go to system > etc >long press hosts and select “open in text editor “
- Then erase everything from hosts file on android & type following
- Now save the file & exit.
If you don’t have installed Google Play services on your device, install the latest version of Google Play services or install from below.
Once done, Go to Settings > Add account > Configure your Google account & you will be able to log in as usual. You will not get any further error.
Disable the Two-Step Authentication
The activation of the Two Step Authentication also invites such error message. So, to get rid of it, it is advantageous to disable it.
To disable the Two Step Authentication on the Android device, below steps will help you.
- Go to the Settings.
- Tap on the Google option and then go to the Google Account.
- Under the Security, click on the Signing into Google.
- Here, you can see the 2-Step Verification option. Tap on it.
- You need to enable the data as you need to sign in to disable it.
- Now, simply tap on Turn Off.
Deactivation of Two Step Authentication will remove all the backup codes that you have saved for signing to the account.
Clear the data and cache of Google Services
We all know, the Google Play Store is the most popular market for all the Android users. It provides all the useful apps for Android mobiles. But, after downloading the apps, there are some data which has been saved on a regular basis as app data. These data are also used to run the particular app smoothly. But, when the app data increases out of limit, then it will start causing some issue.
So, the large amount of app data or cached data may be the reason behind this error message. So, it is essential to delete cached data from Google Apps. Here is how you can do so.
- Go to the Settings.
- Then, go to the Apps or Application.
- Then, swipe the display from right to left side 4 times. Come to the All tab. It shows you all the apps that you have on the mobile.
- Here, first of all, we will delete the cached data of Google Account Manager. So, by scrolling down the display, find the Google Account Manager option. Tap to open it.
- The next display is what we are waiting for. On which, tap on two options, Clear Cache and Clear Data one-by-one.
- It will clear all the unwanted data which is causing the issue.
Then, follow the same process for the below-listed options.
- Go to the Settings >> Apps >> All tab >> Google Play Services >> Clear Cache and Clear Data.
- Go to the Settings >> Apps >> All tab >> Google Play Store >> Clear Cache and Clear Data.
- Then, Go to the Settings >> Apps >> All tab >> Google Services Framework >> Clear Cache and Clear Data.
So, here we have deleted data of four apps, Google Account Manager, Google Play Services, Google Play Store, and Google Services Framework. Now, try to use specific Google services. Now, you might not have seen this error again.
Reinstall Google Play Services
If you continue seeing this error on your device, you should consider reinstalling Google Play services on your device. You will need to Download Google Play Services APK from third-party websites.
To reinstall Google Play services, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Security > Check Unknown Source
- Go to third-party websites to download Google Play Services
Install that on your device to see if the problem was fixed.
So, whenever you are facing There was a problem connecting to google servers issue, the above guide will help you. The tricks will really work to solve the issue and let you allow to use the Google services seamlessly.
Do let us know your take on this quick guide. Also, share it with other users if you get happy results by applying it.