What if your siblings ask to use your phone or tablet for some time? How can you deny them? In short, without thinking even anything, you permit them. But, what if they do the same thing many times? At that time, you will have to think once that what about your privacy. But fortunately, the latest Android devices have the inbuilt feature of Multiple Users on Android Phone and Tablet.
By using this amazing feature, without worrying about the privacy, you can allow your siblings to use the device. It helps you to set a new user on the same device without deleting existing user. The important thing is that the secondary user can never have access to your privacy. So, if you want to maintain your privacy by allowing others to use your device, this is the best way.
To make you familiar with this great feature, here we are come up with the helpful guide. So, have a look at the description of how to set Multiple Users on Android Phone.
How to Set Multiple Users on Android Phone?
Here, we would have a procedure of how you can set more than one user on an Android device. But, before we are going forward, here is what you need to know about.
Required Android Version
This is absolutely a good feature to have, but it is not available for some of the Android version. If you want to use this function on android mobile, your device must be running on Android 5.0 or higher version. And, if you are a tablet user, then it should be having Android 4.2 or more.
So, now we directly jump to the main procedure of setting up the multiple users on Android device.
How can you Set Multiple Users on Android Phone?
To set multiple users on your Android device,
- First of all, pull down the notification panel from the top of the display using two fingers. Make sure that the panel must have a full expansion of itself.
- Here, at the top right corner, you can see an icon in a circle shape beside of settings icon. Tap on it as it represents the user of the respective device.
- With the single tap on it, you can have some options like Existing User, Guest, and Add User.
Here, you can choose a Guest option to allow someone to use your device for once. But, if you know that you have to let them allow for using the device more than once, then? At that time, the best option is to use the Add User option. It will let you allow to set a completely another account to use for others.
- As you tap, it will ask you for the final confirmation to use another user.
- Then, tap on OK and let the system allow to set a new user.
- It will set a new lock screen different than your own. By unlocking it, the new user can use the device.
This new user can never have access to your data. In this new user, the user can also set their own Google Account. In short, on one Android device, you can use a two device by using this feature.
How to Switch Between Two Users?
It is very easy to switch between two users. To do so, just pull the notification panel from the top of the display. At a top right corner of the panel, there are a Settings as a gear sign. Right beside it, there is a User option. Tap on it. From there, you can easily switch between two users.
How to Allow New User to Make a Phone Call?
For a bit of privacy, the system does not allow the new user to make a call. If you want to allow a new user to do so, then you have to turn on that feature. To do so, you have to follow easy steps.
- Open the Settings.
- Navigate to the Users.
- Here, you will see all the users that have been added by you. In front of each of them, you can also see Gear sign which represents Settings.
- Now, tap on the gear sign of that user for whom you want to turn on the settings.
- On the next screen, you can see an option as Turn on phone calls.
- Here, tap on the slider to turn on. Once it gets turned on, the newly added user will be allowed for making calls.
In the end, we hope that you could understand what we are mentioning here. This guide will help you to set a new user on your device without worrying about the privacy.
If this guide seems a better helping hand for you, then also share it with other Android users. Let us know what you are thinking regarding the guide.