Nowadays, people love using smart gadgets to build their homes on automation. You may also be a fan of smart home devices that lets you switch on or off lights, the fan automatically from your mobile phone.
Sometimes, your devices get unresponsive or do not work properly; at that time, you will need to find the best way to reset your smart home devices.
Let’s discuss the best way to reset the most common smart home gadgets in this article.
How to Reset your Smart Home Devices
To find reset instructions for some smart home devices, you can go to the Smart Home section of the Alexa app.
Note: Some manufacturers listed may not be available in all countries.
How to reset Amazon Smart Plugs
Resetting smart plug is very easy; you only need to restart your amazon smart plug. Just unplug it and plug it back into the device.
The next step is to deregister the smart plug and reset it to the factory setting. To do so, follow the steps:
- Press & hold the button on the device for up to 10-12 seconds.
- While holding the button, plug into an outlet
- Release the button once you see the LED light up
- Restart discovery, and you did it!
How to reset Light Bulbs
Reseting the light bulb is quite easy; follow the steps below to do so:
- Turn on the bulk for 3-5 seconds & then turn it off for 3-5 seconds.
- Repeat this process couple of times again and again.
- If the bulk reset is successful, the bulb blinks.
Now, Turn off the bulb, restart discovery & turn on the bulb. You did it!
We hope this step-by-step guide on reseting smart light bulk and the smart plug has helped you. If you still have difficulty reseting your smart gadget, feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below.