How to connect PS4 to TV with HDMI? The PlayStation 4 is a powerful gaming system connected to a TV through a cable or wireless. Much like smart TVs, the PS4 can display various colors, night mode, and a wide range of motion options. But ultimately, the PS4 is a gaming console, which means it should be connected to a television. At least, that’s what the majority of consumers would argue.
The PS4 is meant to be played on television, and if you’re having an issue connecting it to one, you’re in the wrong place. This blog is intended to help you get the PS4 connected to your television.
How To Connect PS4 To TV With HDMI?
Things you will need:
- A PlayStation 4 console
- An HDMI cable
- A TV with an HDMI input
Which HDMI Cable is compatible with a PS4-to-TV connection?
You can use a high-speed HDMI or HDMI 1.4 cable for a PS4. For a PS4 Pro, it’s recommended to use a premium HDMI cable or HDMI 2.0.
HDMI 1.4 cable for a PS4
HDMI 2.0 cable for a PS4 Pro
Steps to Connect TV with PS4
If you’re new to gaming on your PlayStation 4, you might wonder how to connect your console to your TV. You can follow these simple steps:
1. Find the HDMI out port on the back of your PS4 console. It’s usually near the Ethernet port, but it will also be in the top center of the device.
2. Insert an HDMI cable into that port, then into an HDMI in port on your television or home theater system. The most common ports are red and green (also known as a component) or yellow and white (also known as composite).
3. Plug in power for your PlayStation 4 console by plugging it into a wall outlet or power strip with a power cord attached. This will turn on the PlayStation 4, which is what you want to do first so that you can see if everything is working properly before hooking up any other devices!
4. Switch your TV to its input source by pressing “Source” on your remote control until it displays “HDMI 1,” which is what you want to use for connecting with your PlayStation 4 console. Once you select this option, wait a few seconds until it displays “Ready To Connect,” which means that everything has gone through without any problems.
Checkout below video if you need any help with the above steps:
Advanced Connections: Sound System and Wi-Fi
If you want to elevate your gaming experience, consider connecting your PS4 to a sound system for immersive audio. Most modern sound systems have HDMI inputs, making it a breeze to sync your PS4 and audio setup.
For the tech-savvy, connecting your PS4 to your TV over Wi-Fi is another option. This allows you to stream games to your TV wirelessly. To set up this advanced connection, follow the steps provided in the PS4 settings.
Audio Settings on PS4:
- On your PS4, go to “Settings” > “Sound and Screen” > “Audio Output Settings.“
- Select “Primary Output Port” and choose “HDMI Out” or “Digital Out (Optical)” depending on your setup.
- Follow the on-screen instructions for audio settings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my PS4 not connecting to my TV through HDMI?
You can try a few things if you’re having trouble connecting your PS4 to your TV through HDMI.
First, ensure that the HDMI cable is securely connected to both the PS4 and the TV. If it’s not, try unplugging and re-plugging it in.
If the HDMI cable is plugged in correctly and the connection is still not working, you may want to try switching to another HDMI port on your TV.
If you’ve tried all these things and you’re still having trouble, there may be an issue with your PS4 or TV.
How do I put my PS4 on HDMI mode?
To use your PS4 with an HDTV, you must activate the “HDMI Device Link” in the system settings. This can be done by selecting “Settings” > “System” and checking the box for “Enable HDMI Device Link.”
If you are using a Sony TV, it must support BRAVIA™ Sync to take advantage of this feature. The features used with BRAVIA™ Sync vary depending on the TV model.
Can we connect the PS4 to the old TV?
Do you have an old television that you no longer use? If so, you can connect your PS4 to it using an HDMI cable.
- Plug the PS4 HDMI cable into the PS4 and the other end into the HDMI converter.
- Plug the relevant cables into the converter (in this example, composite cables) and the other end into the television.
- Switch your television to the proper input and turn on the PS4. If you see Sony’s logo on the screen, then it worked!
Will a PS4 turn on without HDMI?
If your TV or monitor is off and you have an HDMI cable plugged in from the PS4 to both ends, the PS4 will turn off after 1 second. It will turn on if HDMI is unplugged from the TV/monitor but still plugged into the PS4.
How do I know if my PS4 HDMI port is broken?
If you are experiencing any of the following problems with your PS4, your HDMI port is likely broken. The white light comes on, but there’s no picture on the TV.
The console won’t turn on at all, or the TV says “no signal” when the console is hooked up via HDMI. In these cases, you will need to take your PlayStation 4 in for repair.
This way, you can enjoy your favorite games from the comfort of your sofa with a PS4 and a TV. All left for you now is to select and connect the right accessories to get this setup done easily and successfully.
By the end of this guide article, you will able to know everything about ps4 and how it is connected to a TV.
The best part is that gaming stores sell all these cables separately. So, if you have bought any pack of cables today and don’t have enough space in your closet, go ahead and buy them, as they will help you connect your PS4 without any issues.