We all come across something in our regular life that we need to remember. The writing is the best way to be reminded of what are today’s task. People used to remember by taking down it in the pages or notes. Also, nowadays people use a computer to write something important.
But, is it possible to carry Laptop, Notes, or Papers wherever you go? Absolutely, it’s not. So, we need to find a solution within the things that we always have around us. Then, the smartphone is the first thing comes to mind.
There are lots of Writing Apps for Android devices are available. From the ocean of the apps, here we will mention some of the best. So, take a look at the guide and choose the smart one which makes your effort of writing easy.
Best Android Apps for Writing
In this article, you can have Best Writing Apps for Android-powered device whether it is mobile or tablet. The below-mentioned apps are readily available at the Google Play Store.
These apps are highly compatible with all the Android devices whether you are using it on the mobile or tablet. All the apps can be downloaded from the Google Store at no cost.
Let us have a ride for the best Writing Apps.
JotterPad is one of the best writing app available on the Play Store with high user ratings. You can also add the Cloud Services to secure the documents you create with the JotterPad. Also, it lets you open the documents directly from the added cloud storage. You can add Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive as the cloud service.
The JotterPad will be the perfect app for writing books, novels, lyrics, poems, essays, drafts, and screenplays. It is a full-featured text editor app with which you can create, edit, and save the documents. To add the new documents, tap on the + sign. Also, it offers easy moving of the documents from local storage to the added cloud storage.
For each created document, it lets you choose the file format from Text, Markdown, and Fountain. One of the best features of this app is that it shows statistics for the content you have written. In terms of the statistics, you can have Word Count, Paragraph Count, Character Count, and Reading Time.
You can find the phrase within the document. To understand the meaning of any word, it offers built-in research option. By using which, you can get to know about the word and also it’s pronunciation. It lets you share the documents with Text, File, HTML, RTF, and DOCx format.
The Appearance option will let you change the font size, font style, alignment, margin, line spacing, and more.
- High User Ratings Writing App available on the Play Store
- Add the Cloud Storage from Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive
- Open and Save the documents directly from the added cloud storage
- Full-featured text editor app to create, edit and save the documents
- Choose the file format from Text, Markdown, and Fountain
- Statistics for the content like Word Count, Paragraph Count, etc.
- Search phrase within the document
- Share the documents with Text, File, HTML, RTF, and DOCx format.
- Customizable font size, font style, alignment, margin, line spacing, and more
- Preset like the Novel, Draft, Newspaper, Essay, Lyrics, Poem, and Screenplay
The Evernote also comes with high user ratings. It is also a feature-packed Writing App for all Android devices. You need to sign up to get started with this app. For that, you can use the Google Account. To create a new document in the Evernote app, tap on the + sign located at the lower light corner.
This app offers different medium to create the documents within it. As soon as you tap on the + sign, options like Camera, Attachment, Audio, Reminder, Handwriting, and Text Note. Using the Camera option, you can scan the business cards or visiting card easily. It also lets you add a new note by recording too.
You can also explore your writing skills using the Handwriting mode. In the Text Note, you will get all the option like Bold, Underline, Italic, To do list, Font color, Bullet Points, Alignment, and more. It lets you attach the files in the created note. You can attach a file from the Drive, Photo, File, Video, Audio, and more.
You can also check statistics of the written content. In terms of the stats, you can get to know Words, Characters with and without space, lines, and paragraph. It lets you search within the note. You can also move the note from one folder to the another. If you need to share the notes, it also offers social networking sites.
For each note, you can add the reminder with date and time. you can also chat with your contacts through this Writing App. Using the search option, you can easily find the added notes.
- Feature-packed Writing App
- Easy adding of a new note
- Add the note using Camera, Attachment, Audio, Reminder, Handwriting, and Text Note
- Scan the business cards or visiting card using the Camera
- Bold, Underline, Italic, To do list, Font color, Bullet Points, Alignment, etc. options
- Attach the files from the Drive, Photo, File, Video, Audio, and more
- Check statistics like Words, Characters with and without space, lines, and paragraph
- Easy Sharing, Searching and Moving
- Set a reminder with date and time
Monospace app also offers you some nice features. With Monospace, you can easily add the notes. Also, you can have an easy switching between normal mode and night mode. For that, you just need to tap on the drop-shaped icon located at the front row. You can use the search to find the files quickly.
To add a new file, tap on the + sign which is placed at the right lower corner. Here, one interesting feature is that it offers an Auto-Name option. By using which, the file will automatically be saved as the date and time. You can reach to the saved files on the main screen of the app.
In this app, you can not find the editing options easily unlike other writing apps. The editing options include Bold, Italic, Font size, Bullet points, Cut, Copy, and more. To have all these features, you need to open the note and select the words that you want to edit. For sharing, you can probably have all the sharing options.
Talking about the file managing and organizing probably no one can beat this app. After writing the content in the note, just add the folder name with # at the bottom. And, your file will automatically be saved in that folder named as the word you have added after #. Along with the file name, you can see the word stats.
- Writing app with Nice features
- Easy adding of the notes
- Easy switching between normal mode and night mode
- Auto-Name to save the file as the date and time
- Editing options include Bold, Italic, Font size, Cut, Copy, and more
- Share using the options
- Easy File Managing and Organizing
- Create a folder within the folder just adding # at the bottom of the content
- Word Stats
Google Docs can be the best partner for writing anything anytime anywhere. It is developed by Google that means there is nothing to doubt. Google Docs provides the best service and features to assist you as a writing app. You can also reach your documents offline. Search option will let you find the document easily.
The sync ability of this app is very remarkable across the devices. That means if you make any correction from any of the devices, the change will automatically be updated. Also, it lets you edit the existing documents too. You can also share the documents with Word, PDF, Open Document, Plain Text, Rich Text Format, Web Page, and EPUB formats.
With Google Docs, you can keep editing and writing the documents without fear of losing the documents. As it offers the Auto Save feature, whatever you write will be saved automatically.
Also, it lets you choose from the tons of templates to create a new document. For the templates, you will have categories like CVs, Letters, Education, Work, Legal, and Human Resources. It supports Word File to open, to edit and to save on your Android device.
Google Docs Features
- Best app for writing anything anytime anywhere
- Developed by Google
- Offline Access to the documents
- Highly sync across the devices
- Search, Open, Edit, Save the documents
- Share the documents with Word, PDF, Open Document, Plain Text, Rich Text Format, Web Page, and EPUB formats
- Auto Save lets you edit and write documents without fear of losing
- Templates categories like CVs, Letters, Education, Work, Legal, and Human Resources
iA Writer is another Writing App that lets you add and edit the files and notes with minimal effort. You can connect the Google Drive and Dropbox with this app to be able to edit and save the files directly to the cloud storage. Also, it lets you open the file instantly from the mentioned cloud storage.
You can open the files from the internal and external storage of the mobile. After launching the app, to add a new document, tap on the + sign. You can use the search option to find something relevant within the app. Also, at the time of writing, it offers Heading, Italic, Bullet Points, Copy, Undo, Redo, and more option.
The iA Writer app will let you move the file from one folder to another folder. Apart from that, you can also transfer the file from one storage to the second one. Each file can be shared using the various formats like Plain Text, HTML, PDF, and MS Word. One more feature is that you can collaborate the file online edit it.
After adding the content in the file, you can also take a quick preview of it without saving it. You can also edit the file in night mode and focus mode. The word count will let you know the characters, words, and sentences. From the App settings, you can set the font size from Automatic, Small, Medium, Large, X Large, and XX-Large.
iA Writer Features
- Add and Edit the files and notes with minimal effort
- Connect the Google Drive and Dropbox to edit, open, save the files to the cloud
- Open the files from the mobile storage
- Easy Moving, Searching and Moving
- Share the files in various formats like Plain Text, HTML, PDF, and MS Word
- Online Collaboration
- Night mode, Focus mode, and Word count
- Font size from Automatic, Small, Medium, Large, X Large, and XX-Large
So, Aren’t the above-listed Writing Apps enough to choose the best for the Android?
Do let us know what should be the Best Writing Apps for Android. Also, share your suggestions too.