It is no secret that a lot of people use Google and its service for a wide array of things, and in the process, Google can collect information about anything whatever you want. But one tool of the Google is very simple and most useful tool. This tool is operated without Keyboard. Yeah! That is Correct; it is performed without using the keyboard. The name of this useful tool is OK Google & you can control it using your voice commands.
OK Google is the smart and fine tool of the Android devices, which is operated based on the voice command. It is also a great tool that many of us might already use and although many people take it for granted. OK Google can be found in so various upcoming and latest launched smartphones under Google now option.
Setting OK Google
There are two ways to say a command to your Google:
- With Newer Android devices, just say “OK Google,” followed by a question or task. For example, if I wanted to know the weather, I could say “OK Google, What is the weather of today?” After the sometimes, it provides you with the info about the today’s weather or forecast.
- Tap the microphone button in the Google search bar, and skip the “OK Google” portion of the conversation. In the case of search bar is not there on a home screen, swipe right from the primary home screen to see it.
If “OK Google” is not working on your Android devices, make sure that feature is enabled. Head to the Google Now app, go to the Menu > Google Settings > Search & Now > Voice > “OK Google” detection and Enable it. If you want to disable or turn off OK Google, you just have to disable it from the same option.
All smartphones will have a different kind of options available on their device. However, basically you can find this options under Google settings or setting option. If you are not able to find the options on your device, please share your comments with a detailed description.
The complete list of OK Google Commands:
List of OK Google Commands
Perform Task using Google Now Commands
Check out some most used Google now commands that you can use with your smartphone. Just say OK Google followed by any of the command provided below to perform the task.
- Open . Example: “Open Gmail.”
- Go to [website]. Ex,: “Go to theandroidportal.com.”
- Call [Contact name]. Ex.: “Call Mom.”
- Text or Send text to [Contact Name]. Ex.: “Text wife I am running late.”
- Email or Send email. Ex.: ”Email wife, Subject Hi, Message I am running late, sorry.”
- Show me my last message.
- Set a timer for [x] minutes.
- Note to self [contents of note].
- Start a list for [list name].
- Remind me to [do a task]. Ex.: “Remind me to get dog food at Target.” Will create a location based reminder. “Remind me to take out the trash tomorrow morning,” will give you a time-based reminder.
- Show me the pictures from [location]. Ex.: “Show me pictures from Surat.”
- Show me my Calendar.
- Where is my next meeting?
- Post to Google+.
- Start a run.
Control Phone & adjust Settings using Google Now Commands
- Take a selfie.
- Turn on my flashlight.
- Turn on/off Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, etc.,
- Find my phone. (You can do this on a computer using Chrome to find and play a sound on your lost phone.)
- Increase Brightness.
- Decrease Brightness.
- Increase Volume.
- Decrease Volume.
- Set Volume to [Number].
- Mute the Volume.
See also: Cortana for Android commands
Now the thing is that, when you ask Google now to perform any task, it will save your history on your smartphone. You might want to delete your OK Google voice search history if you are too much concerned about your privacy. You can remove your OK Google history by following steps mentioned below.
Deleting OK Google History
All your voice commands to Google now will record by your smartphone and uploaded to its search to perform particular task mentioned by you. You can delete your okay google voice commands history easily from your end. Which we will show you today that how to delete OK Google Search history.
If you do not want to keep your search history, then there are also some methods to cleaning it up. With the help of the first method, you can remove things individually. While by using the second method, you will clean up much of the data in the seconds.
1.) Clear Individual searched Items:
- Open the Google Now app > tap the search box and open the list of recently searched items.
- From that list, just long press on the one which would you like to delete. Then a warning will show you asking about to remove from the search history permanently.
- Tap “Delete” to delete from your searched history.
2.) Clear Bulk Searched Items:
- Log on to myactivity.google.com on your phone (you will be entering to your Google Activity Center)
- Tap the options menu at the upper left corner of the screen, then select “Delete activity by.”
- It will show you all searched history from your Google account.
- After selecting the appropriate entry to delete, then tap the “Delete” button.
So, by using above methods, you can quickly remove or delete the Search History. We hope this article helped you. Do let us know if you need guidence anything related to OK Google in the comment section below.
Are you already using Google now to control your smartphone? Do let us know which is your most frequently used Google command?