Is your Galaxy S20 lagging and freezing? Nothing to worry because here we are to help you “fix Galaxy S20 randomly lags” issue.
Your phone is one of the most precious devices in your hands. But the problem occurs when your phone starts lagging. Well, it may be a firmware issue or minor settings glitch. Overall, whatever is the main culprit, rest assured it is not so serious and is fixable. You can fix this problem by trying a couple of steps or ways that we are going to discuss here in this post.
So, if you are the one who is facing the “Galaxy S20 randomly lags” issue and want your Samsung Galaxy S20 to run smoothly again, then follow our troubleshooting guide below. Today, we are going to discuss how to fix Galaxy S20 randomly lags in a very detailed and easy way. Read our article carefully to get your phone issue fixed in minutes.
Fix Samsung Galaxy S20 Randomly Lags
Force Restart First To Fix Galaxy S20 Randomly Lags
The first and essential step is to do the forced restart. With the forced restart, your phone will shut down and restart smoothly after closing all the apps and processes. If the random lags occur due to the misbehaviour of apps or due to some minor firmware issues, then forced restart is the best option to fix it. Here is the step by step guide to follow:
- Press the “Volume Down Button” and the “Power Key” simultaneously. Your device will turn off and power back on after a few seconds.
- Once you will see the “Samsung Galaxy logo appear” on the phone screen, release both the buttons slowly and wait until the rebooting process is finished.
- Once the process is completed, turn on your device and check whether the problem is fixed or not. If it is still not fixed, try the below method.
Reset The Settings To Fix Galaxy S20 Randomly Lags
If the above solution does not work well, don’t worry, try this one, maybe this time you reach the goal. Resetting your Samsung phone’s settings means bringing your phone back to its default settings, which came as default from the manufacturer of your device, without deleting any of your data like files, apps, and images. Here are the quick steps to follow.
- Open the “Settings Menu” either from home screen apps or from the notification panel.
- In the settings menu, search for “General Management.”
- Open it and click on the “Reset option.”
- In the list, you will 4 options as listed below:
– Reset Settings
– Reset Network Settings
– Reset Accessibility settings
– Factory Data Reset
- Click on the first option, i.e., “Reset Settings.”
- Then “enter your Password, PIN, or Pattern” if needed, or the system asks for this.
- Then tap enter and wait until the process is completed.
Factory Reset To Fix Galaxy S20 Randomly Lags
If both the above solutions fail, then try a factory reset as the final weapon to get rid of the issue. A factory reset is always considered as the mother solution that works most of the time to fix all the firmware or software related issues.
There are two ways to reset your device: that’s soft reset and hard reset. But while performing a factory reset, always remember that you need to create a backup of your essential files and folders. If you do not do that, all the data will be deleted, and there are full chances to lose all the data forever.
To factory reset your Galaxy S2O phone you just need to follow the steps as mentioned below:
- Open the “Settings Menu” from the home screen apps
- Tap on “General Management” and then tap on the “Reset option.”
- In the Reset option lists, you will see 4 options listed, as we discussed above.
- Out of all the three, you need to click on “Factory Data Reset” and wait until the process is completed.
- Once it is completed, download all apps and data again and see if the problem is fixed or not.
If you don’t want to reset your phone, just put your phone into the safe mode and disable all third-party apps. And check whether the random lag is still occurring in the safe mode. If not, then it means that any of your third-party apps is the culprit. Find the right app and uninstall it. Your issue will resolve.
So, those are the ways to fix Galaxy S20 random lags. We recommend you must try the factory reset option if others don’t work because a factory reset generally solves all the issues. So, if you are on the same boat, then try any of the above methods to resolve the issue.
We hope that through this article, we helped you in one or the other way successfully to solve your Galaxy S20 phone issue. For more latest articles like our article, share it and stay tuned with us on The Android Portal Website.