Are you looking for ways to delete downloads on Android phones or tablets? Here you have arrived on the right webpage. Read on this post till the end to find out how to delete downloads on Android phones or tablets with ease.
We download thousands of files every day on our android devices such as photos, videos, apps, pdfs, and documents, and so on. But sometimes we download large MBs files and forget about it. These large files take up considerable space in our android device, and that’s why our phones start working slow or misbehaving.
This will affect the speed and the performance of your device. Once the storage is full, you cannot download or install any app or other data. So, to keep your device performance better, you need to delete downloads on your android device.
Most downloads on our phones are useless but take a lot of space. Deleting the downloading files is the only way to increase the storage space and improve the battery life and performance of your device.
So, today in this article, we are going to discuss how to delete downloads on Android. If you want to enhance the performance of your device and make your device function smoothly, then read our article carefully to get all the essential and necessary details in that matter.
Guide To Delete Downloads On Android
Delete Downloaded Installed App Data Via Settings
It is one of the most natural solutions to delete downloaded app files on your android phone. To do so, just follow the quick steps below:
- Open the “Settings Menu” and click on the “Apps Manager” or “Apps” option.
- Then, swipe through “Downloaded Apps” from the list if the option is available.
- From the downloaded apps, click on the apps that you want to delete.
- You can also remove the apps by uninstalling them.
- Wait until the process is completed.
Delete Downloaded Files (Apk, Photos, And Other Files) Via File Manager
There are plenty of downloaded files stored in the file manager. You can delete the downloaded files from the manager and free space. To do so, follow the quick steps below:
- Open “File Manager” on your device from the home screen apps.
- Then “navigate to the internal and external storage one by one” and then go to the “Download Folder” and open it.
- Once open, long press on the files that you want to delete.
- Once done, click on the “Trash Icon” button on the screen.
- Then tap “OK” and wait until the process is completed.
From this method, you can either delete a single file or delete multiple files at once.
Quickly Delete Downloaded And Installed App Data
- Open the home screen apps or the apps tray on your device.
- Then search for the application that you want to delete.
- Long press on the application and see either uninstall or delete option.
- Tap on uninstall and confirm the message appears on the screen.
- Then tap on “OK.”
Delete Downloaded Videos
Many Apps like Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Spotify, etc., allow users to download files inside the app. You may have the option to delete the download option on the specific app to remove downloaded videos.
So, those are the possible ways to delete downloads on any Android device. All the methods are genuine and easy to perform.
That’s all for now, and thanks for reading our post. We hope with the above methods, you can delete all the junk downloaded files from your device and free up space for the fast and smooth functioning of your phone. Don’t forget to share our article. For more news updates or posts, do follow us on The Android Portal website.