It’s no secret that Amazon Prime is an excellent streaming service. But sometimes, you want to watch your show without subtitles.
What do you do? How to turn off subtitles on Amazon Prime?
You can easily turn off subtitles on Amazon Prime, no matter what language you use. For example, if you only want to enjoy an English movie without subtitles, head to the content section and choose one that does not have any.
How To Turn Off Subtitles On Amazon Prime?
1. Open the “Amazon Prime Video app” and play your favorite video.
2. Once the subtitles appear, immediately pause the video—and then look in the “upper right corner” of the screen.
3. You will see various icons to control how the video appears (like this sandwich icon). The middle one looks which looks like a sandwich: select it.
4. A small menu will appear with two sections: “Subtitles and Audio.”
5. In the Subtitles menu, you can see options for “Closed Captions or CC” in English and off (or other languages you may be watching).
6. Select “Disabled.”
Disable Amazon Prime Video subtitles and closed captions via Amazon Firestick
If you’re watching a movie or TV show on Amazon Prime Video and want to disable subtitles or closed captions, here’s how to do it.
1. First, “play the video” you want to watch and pause it after a few seconds.
2. Go to the top right corner and select the “three-line icon.”
3. From there, choose “Subtitles or Closed Captions.”
4. Next, highlight the subtitle you want and press the Select button. If you want to turn “subtitles or closed captions off,” highlight the Off option and press Select.
And that’s all there is to it! Now you can enjoy your Amazon Prime Video content with or without subtitles or closed captions, depending on your preference.
With Prime Video on a Roku device
If you’re on a Roku device, you’ll modify the subtitle settings directly on the Roku menu to turn it off.
1: Using the Roku remote, select the mouse button, then select “Settings.”
2: Attend Accessibility, then select “Caption Mode.”
3: “Turn off” specific caption mode.
How Do I Permanently Turn Off Subtitles?
If your Amazon subtitles don’t put off for good, attempt this procedure:
Turn off subtitles exploitation the strategy delineate higher than.
1. Log into the “Amazon website” (or open the Amazon app) and find the video you want to watch.
2. “Start” playing the video.
3. Look for the “CC” (closed captioning) icon in the player controls at the bottom of the screen.
4. The subtitles are turned on if the “CC” icon is highlighted. Just tap on the icon to “turn them off.”
5. That’s it! Subtitles are now turned off. Just sit back and enjoy the show.
If you have trouble turning off subtitles, contact Amazon customer support for help.
As you can see from the steps above, turning off subtitles on your favorite show is not tough. All you need to do is follow the instructions mentioned above and ensure you don’t forget about the closed caption features on your device.
If you ever want subtitles back on your shows, repeat all the steps we shared here. Till then, enjoy without subtitles.