Are you on the fence about whether to go for an iOS or Android? Or perhaps you’re looking to switch operating systems and purchase an Android device. Whatever your preferences, Android smartphones and tablets come with tons of advantages you need to know.
What is Android?
Simply put, Android is a mobile operating system based on open-source software that’s intended for mobile devices. You can find Android smartphones, tablets, e-book readers, and other touchscreen devices. Produced by the Open Handset Alliance, Android is led by Google. Some of the popular Android device manufacturers include Samsung, LG, Sony Ericsson, HTC, Motorola, and Acer.
How long have Androids been about?
Founded in October 2003 in Palo Alto, California, the Android project kicked off having enormous potential in developing more intelligent mobile devices that are more aware of their owner’s preferences and location.
The company’s original idea was to design an advanced operating system for digital cameras, and this was the basis of its pitch to investors in April 2004. However, Android soon realized that the market for cameras was not big enough for its goals, so it diverted its efforts to pitch Android as a handset operating system.
Since then, Android has paved the way as a leading smart device provider and is now renowned for being the best-selling OS globally on smartphones since 2011 and tablets since 2013. As of May 2021, Android has over three billion monthly active users!
Not only can you take quality photos and videos, make and receive calls and texts, and browse the internet, but you can download a whole host of apps to your device. From social media platforms to mobile games and everything in between, Android devices are compatible with it all. You can even gamble at the best USA casino with Bitcoin using your Android smartphone and tablet.
What sets Android apart from Apple?
• A larger variety of devices: Even just going by Android phones, there’s much more to choose from. You’re able to pick between sizes, price points, and features. Also, new Android phones are released all year round, so no matter how much you want to spend, there’s a high likelihood of you finding an Android device that fits your budget.
• Affordability: This leads us to our next advantage! Arguably, the biggest benefit of Android devices is cost. Since there are so many Android device producers, it’s possible to find many smartphones and tablets at different price points.
• You’re not restricted to iTunes: Android users are provided with more options for music services and purchases in general, so it makes sense that services are expanding to Android (such as movies, TV shows, games, and more).
• Extensive memory: Most Android phones offer expandable memory – allowing you to open an additional slot on the side of your device and insert a micro SD card. Doing so can add more memory to your phone and cut the cost of upgrading to a new one.
• Headphone Jack: As recent iOS smartphones and tablets can’t be connected with standard headphones (since Apple retired headphone jacks from their devices in 2016), Android users will be pleased to know that their devices still come with headphone jacks! That’s huge for people who prefer listening to music, podcasts, audiobooks, or watching movies using wired headphones.
• Customizable User Interface: Google has gone to great efforts to ensure Android’s user interface (UI) is as easily personalized as possible. This means Androids are packed with customizable widgets while offering updates or shortcuts to different services, such as messages, emails, and calendars.
Who would an Android device suit?
According to science, our choice of smartphone may provide unexpected insight into our personalities! One such finding was concluded by a doctoral study conducted by Heather Shaw from the University of Lincoln’s School of Psychology.
Shaw conducted a study whereby researchers asked participants to complete a questionnaire about characteristics they associate with users of each smartphone brand. When experts tested these stereotypes against the actual personality traits of hundreds of Android and iPhone smartphone users, they concluded that Android users are perceived to have greater levels of honesty, humility, and agreeableness.
Still, these conclusions should be taken with a pinch of salt as there are suitable features for all sorts of personalities on Android devices.
Which brand is best for Android?
As there are so many different brands to opt for within the Android realm, it isn’t easy to choose just one device. However, currently in the lead is the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, which features a built-in S Pen, a top-notch camera with night vision, a sleek design with multiple lenses, and a durable battery that can last beyond all day.
Since the smartphone held the top position by reviewers for almost the entirety of 2021, there wasn’t much wiggle room for its opponents!