Android Galaxy S3 Mini is an enhanced version of Galaxy S Smartphone, which was earlier launched, with the 4.1 version of the Android and after that, it was upgraded to 4.1.2 version of Android. The Jelly Bean version of Android offers so many enhanced features which include Page Buddy, new Notification Panel, new gallery app, Multi-view, Paper Artist app, constant input from keyboard and Group Cast app.
However, those people who have upgraded older version of their Smartphone to new one, there is a need of rooting this device. Here in this tutorial, we will be discussing about Rooting Galaxy S3 XDA S3 mini smartphones.
Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Toolkit for rooting (Requirements and Pre-requisites) :
There are some requirements and pre-requisites for rooting your Samsung Galaxy S3 mini Smartphone. You need to fulfill all below mentioned requirements before rooting your device:
- You need to make a complete backup of your SMS, call logs, contacts, Android apps and bookmarks. This is because if you lose some important data, you can restore it in an easy way from backup files.
- You have to permit the mode of USB debugging on your Smartphone.
- After that, you have to download drivers for your device and after that, install them.
- You need to ensure that the battery of your device is fully charged or near about 60% to 70% level.
Steps for rooting Galaxy S3 mini
There are some points that you need to follow in a careful manner to root your Galaxy S3 mini device, mentioned below:
- You have to download the files for root packages on your computer desktop.
- Once you are done with downloaded files of root packages, you have to download the flash tool of ODIN. You need to utilize this application for flashing the ROM on your Smartphone.
- After that, you have to switch off your Smartphone and boot up your Smartphone in the downloaded mode. For this, you have to press and hold on the Home button, Volume Down Key and Power button. If an option or symbol of warning triangle pops out, you need to press Volume Key Up in order to continue the process of booting up your device.
- Now your device is in the download mode. You have to attach your Smartphone with the desktop or computer with the help of a USB cable. Now, you have to run ODIN application from the desktop. Once the device has attached successfully, the box of ODIN screen ID: COM will turn blue along with the port number of COM.
- Now you have to click the PDA button on the ODIN screen and browse the files of rooted package you have downloaded in Step 1. You need to ensure that check box of F. Reset Time, Re-Partition and Auto Reboot is selected in the ODIN.
- After that, you have to click the start button for flashing the root packages on your Smartphone. Once the updating process is completed, you will notice a green background, which shows a PASS message on the ODIN application. You can disconnect your Smartphone from the computer. Now your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini is rooted. You have to perform all the steps in a careful manner.