As we know now a days, All the smart phone devices runs on different different Android operating system. Now, a latest and newest version of Android OS has also been launched, which is called as Android 5.0 Lollipop. The latest version of Android OS is developed by Google. The new version of Android 5.0 Lollipop comes with lots of features, which will be able to increase the efficiency of your device as well as battery performance. As we know that, the Google Nexus 5 Phone User Manual and Google Nexus 7 Tab User Manual comes in English language.
Here, this article is related to How to upgrade or install a newest version of Android 5.0 Lollipop on your Google Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 device. If you have Google Nexus 5 or nexus 7 device, then you will be able to install this newest version of Android OS. If you are agree to do this, then do it at your own risk. This process is applicable only for Google Nexus 5 & Google Nexus 7 device. But before we begin the process, some prerequisites must be followed by you. The prerequisites are as under.
- Make a backup for your special and personal data or files before the installation process of new Android version.
- Activate an option of ”USB Debugging Mode” by going into ‘Developer Option’ under the ‘Settings’.
After following these prerequisites properly, you will be able to go ahead for the Installation process of android version 5.0 Lollipop.
Now, we will describe the steps for How to Install Android 5.0 Lollipop On Nexus 5 Or Nexus 7 device with step by step procedure.
Procedure for Install Android 5.0 Lollipop:
- First of all, you must have to download and install the “Minimal ADB and Fastboot” tool on your PC or Laptop device.
- After that, once again you have to download the Android 5.0 firmware file, which is based on your device. To extract the files from ‘.tgz’ format, you will need to install 7 zip software on your computer.
- Now, extract the ‘.tgz file’ and then ‘.tar file’ in the folder in which you have already installed the “Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool“.
- Then download, extract and save the “USB driver for Nexus“, in your PC.
- After it, connect your Nexus device to the computer through USB cable.
- Now in the PC, open the Devices and Printers by going into Control Panel. Where you will see the device as ‘MTP’. Choose your device name (Nexus 5 or 7) and select on its Properties. In terms of next step, open the Update Driver by going into Driver and also select that folder in which the USB Driver files has been saved. After the update progress, you will see your Nexus 5 or Nexus 7 device as a Android Composite ADB interface.
- Then, turn off your device and put it into Fastboot mode by pressing the Power Key + Volume Up Key + Volume Down Key simultaneously.
- After doing it, your mobile phone will comes in lock stage.
- To unlock it, you will have to enter the command “fastboot oem unlock” in the command prompt.
- With the bootloader unlocked, now you will be able to install the newest Android version 5.0 Lollipop in your Nexus 5 or 7 with entering the command ”flash-all” in the command prompt.
- This process will take only a few time. You must have to lock the bootloader option for security and safety. To do that, follow step no. 9.
- After the process is completed, then reboot your device.
Now, congratulations !! You have installed the Android 5.0 Lollipop version on your Nexus 5 or Nexus 7.