Is your Android phone operating on an older Android version? Are you looking for the safest way to update your Android phone without any hassle and restriction? Installing Android Q GSI can be the best way to do so. So, here is everything that you need to know and then proceed accordingly following the steps.
While there are numerous techniques available on the internet, installing Android Q GSI is the most comfortable and safest way to update Android.
So, in this post, we are going to describe briefly about installing Android Q GSI on any Android device. However, before we start exploring the topic, it is a good idea to know all the essential requirements for better results. Also, you must understand the basics first.
So, read this post throughout to get familiar with everything and then proceed accordingly.
Let’s first know what Android Q GSI is….
WHAT IS ANDROID Q GSI?
The Generic System Image (GSI) is an advanced OS image which features with AOSP source code. Also, we can say that an Android Q GSI is a tool similar to an emulator helping in development for Android users. Furthermore, the GSI is basically a fastboot ROM and usually needs a fastboot connection.
The process of installing Android Q GSI needs some basic requirements given down below:
- Your Android device should have the original Android version. Rooted or Custom ROM may corrupt the process.
- Also, Your Android device should be Project Treble compatible or Project Treble certified.
- However, if you are using any bootloader, make sure it is unlocked.
- Also, you should enable USB debugging on your Android device before you proceed further.
- Plus, you should perform the process on PC with ADB and Fastboot drivers installed on it. It really makes the process faster.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL ANDROID Q GSI?
Here in this section, we have provided steps to make things easier. So, follow the below steps for downloading the Android Q GSI:
STEP 1: Open a web browser on your PC and type Android Q GSI. Furthermore, you need to go over the proper search. Also, you can download the Android Q GSI directly following this link.
STEP 2: Now, you need to select the Android Q GSI version as per your Android device requirements. Also, you need to make sure that you have read all the Terms, and Conditions, including instructions.
STEP 3: Press left click on the download link and download it, and you are all set to install it on your Android.
How To Install Android Q GSI?
Follow the below steps after successfully downloading the file to install it on your Android smartphone.
STEP 1: First of all, you need to use a USB cable to connect your Android phone to your laptop or PC.
STEP 2: Launch the ABD command on the command prompt. However, you can also try with the terminal from the platform-tools folder.
STEP 3: Enter the following command given below in the command prompt and reboot your device into fastboot mode.
“adb reboot bootloader.”
STEP 4: Now move the file “system.img” and “vbmeta.img” (extracted image files) to the platform-tools folder appearing next to the command prompt.
STEP 5: After moving the files into their designated folders, type “fastboot flash vs meta vs meta.img” command in the command prompt. Furthermore, you need to run it by pressing the enter button from the keyboard.
STEP 6: Wipe the system by entering the “fastboot erase system” command in the command prompt.
STEP 7: Flash the system image consisting of Android Q using “fastboot flash system system.img” command.
STEP 8: Once you are done with flashing, proceed towards factory reset your Android device with the “fastboot -w” command.
STEP 9: Now fastboot your Android device using “fastboot reboot” command in the command prompt and you are done with installing it.
So, that’s it. You’ve successfully installed update on your smartphone. However, if the action fails, you probably should have mistaken somewhere between the steps. So, do follow the steps again from the beginning. Also, you make sure that no sensitive setting option is touched when proceeding with the steps.
WHAT ARE THE FEATURES OF ANDROID Q GSI?
- Super safe as compared to any other methods and techniques.
- It’s easy to use and super functioning.
- Plus, it requires less time to complete the process.
- Also, you can get the file from a verified publisher.
- It’s highly confidential too.
- Furthermore, it runs smoothly without any corrupt files.
Do keep these recommendation points in mind so that you don’t face any issue while following the steps.
- Perform all the tasks on the PC.
- Also, you need to set up the ADB and Fastboot drivers on your laptop or PC.
- Also, do not use a broken USB while performing the installation process.
- Furthermore, enable USB debugging in your Android before performing the task.
So, that’s everything you can do to install Android Q GSI on your Android phone. However, if you still find the steps confusing, do comment below, and we will help you. So, that’s all for now and thanks for reading this post here at TheAndroidPortal.