Recently, Google released an all in one updated Android Studio version 184.108.40.206 for Android developers. This includes an Android SDK, Virtual machine manager, and Full IDE with all new world class code editing and debugging feature. In this article, we have posted how to download Android Studio on your Windows-based PC and Mac.
Download Full Android Studio on Windows 7/8/8.1/10
Get your computer ready for installing Android Studio. Java development Kit is necessary to file to run Android Studio on your Windows-based computers. First of all, you have to install JDK on your PC. If you have already installed JDK on your computer so check, what version is installed on PC?
You need to install the latest Java version on your computer. To check, What version of Java installed on your PC. You can check using Command prompt on your windows based OS. In any version of Windows operating system.
Press Windows + R to launch Run program on your computer. In the Run, type CMD and hit the enter
Here, you have to type javac -version command and hit the Enter key. If you have installed Java on your computer, you should see some things like posted below.
Type javac -version and hit the Enter key
java version “1.6.0_27”
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build XXXXX-xXX-xX)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build XXXXX-xXX-xX, mixed mode, sharing)
Visit this Url and download latest version JDK, If you did not install on your Windows PC.
In this web page, you can find the latest version of JDK that you need to install on your computer. After downloading the latest version of JDK, you need to install correctly on your Windows computer.
Go to download folder and Run as administrator on your PC. Now follow the on-screen instructions to install correctly on your Windows computer. After installing, close the installation wizard. After installing Java on your computer successfully, Now you can install Android Studio on your computer.
How to Download Full Android Studio on Windows 10 PC. You can also download on Windows 7/8.1 operating system. To download Android Studio on your Windows PC follow these simple steps:
- Open this Url on your web browser
- In this page, you can see “Download Android Studio” button
- Only you need to click on it then follow onscreen instructions
- After few second, your Android Studio will start downloading on your computer.
After downloading .exe package file of Android Studio on your windows computer. Now you have to install it on your computer. The main problem is How to install Android Studio on windows computer without any problem.
Now follow these simple steps to install Android Studio on your computer without any problem.
- Go to download folder on your PC and launch the Android Studio .exe package file that you downloaded.
- Now follow Setup wizard to install Android Studio correctly and other important SDK tools
- After this, choose installation location and press “Next” button
- Now press “Install” button to start unzipping process
- Installation complete and press “Next” then “Finish”
Complete installation path:
Launch .exe file >> Click on “Next” >> Now select components to install then click on “Next” >> “I agree” >> Choose install locations >> then press “Next” >> Now press “Install” >> After extracting press “Next” button >> “Finish” >> Now Android Studio will start on your computer >> “Next” >> Select install type and press “Next” >> Then click on “Finish” button >> After this, it will download some necessary components >> And the last press “Finish”.
Now You have successfully installed Android Studio on your Windows computer. After complete installation, you can start to build your first android application.
Before downloading Android Studio, Check system requirements of Android Studio. Here we have listed system requirements of installing Android Studio.
For Windows PC or Notebook:
- Supports Windows 10/8/7 (64bit and 32bit)
- Minimum 3GB RAM and recommended 8GB RAM
- Minimum 2GB of Available Disk Space
- Recommended 4GB Disk Space(1.5GB for Android SDK and emulator system image + 500GB for IDE)
- Minimum 1280 by 720 pixel Screen Resolution
- Intel processor with 64-bit Operating system with supports for Intel VT-x, Intel EM64T and Execute Disable (XD) bit
For Mac OS or Macbook:
- Mac OS X v10.10 Yosemite or above up to Mac OS 10.12 Sierra
- Recommended 8GB RAM or minimum 3GB RAM
- Require minimum 2GB of Disk Space
- Recommended 4GB of Disk Space (1.5GB for Android SDK + 500MB for IDE)
- Require minimum 1280 by 800 Screen resolution
How to download and install Android Studio on Mac or Macbook
First of all, you have to download Android Studio for your Mac or Macbook. To download Android Studio on your Mac or Macbook visit this link and download Android Studio package file.
In this page, you can find the latest version of Android Studio for your Mac or Macbook. Only you have to open this web page in your browser then click on this link to start downloading process.
After clicking on this link, agree on “Terms and Conditions” checkbox, after few seconds, your Android Studio will start downloading on your Mac or Macbook.
After downloading, you need to install on your Mac or Macbook. Now follow these simple steps to install Android Studio:
- First, launch the Android Studio .dmg on your Mac
- Here, you have to move Android Studio into Application folder using Drag and Drop feature
- Now check the box, if you want to import the previous version Android Studio settings then click on “Ok” button.
- After extracting package, it will download some necessary components that require for development Android applications.
Previously we had to download eclipse and android developer tools to get started. But Google is really working out hard with an android studio, lets you install all essential thing at once that needed to start developing for android. However, if you want only Android SDK by itself, then you can easily set it up from your end. So what are you waiting for? start developing and share your comments below.