Recently, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced a new mobile banking app called Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) to encourage Indians people to pay online for every small thing like Grocery shop, Auto rickshaw, Vegetable, Cab. Also you can make payment for buying new clothes, and other daily stuff. BHIM is developed and manage by the National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI). The BHIM App is made in India Android Device supported application that allows you to pay via your Android smartphone.
Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) App is digital payment app launched on Friday 30 Dec 2016 by PM Narendra Modi. By using this app, you can send money securely to anyone using your Android smartphone. It uses a mobile number to send money, and also you can receive money using your registered mobile number. This app also supports QR code scanner to scan QR code.
Why this App named as BHIM?
BHIM name for this app has been named after Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar. He has transformed India with his vast knowledge of Law as well as in Finance category.
Download BHIM App & Configure it
BHIM App is available on Google Play Store for Android Smart Device like Smartphone, Tablet, etc. To download this app, you have to open Google Play Store app on your phone then type BHIM in the search bar, select the first result and tap on Install button to download on your phone. The BHIM app is also upgraded to make to get the platform of payment using (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) USSD.
Now follow these simple steps to download BHIM App on your Android device:
- Open Google Play Store on your Android device
- In the search bar, Type, and search for BHIM app
- download BHIM app as you download and install another app from Google Play Store.
- After downloading, Follow the screen instructions to set up completely
- Here, you can select preferred language to access this app in your chosen language
- After selecting language, you have to click and allow for permissions, (if it asks).
- Tap on Let’s get Started button to start BHIM app
- Here you have to choose number that you have registered with your Bank Account
Note: Make sure your mobile number is registered with your Bank account.If doesn’t have registered mobile number to the bank account so you can note access this app without the mobile number. As this app fetch your account number based on your phone number.
- Now verify your phone number to access this app.
- This app will automatically check your bank account if you have registered to the bank account.
- Here you have to enter a four digit Passcode two-time to confirm your pin.
- After typing pin, number you have to select Bank Name that you want to use with BHIM App
How to Use BHIM app on Android Phone
After downloading app from Google Play Store follow these steps to use this app on your android phone. In the main window of BHIM app, you can see the three buttons: Send, Request and Scan & Pay. By using this buttons, you can send money to other and also you can also receive money Directly via QR Code.
To Send Money via BHIM app, now follow these simple steps to send money using BHIM app
- Tap on Send button on the top left side of screen
- Now you have to enter mobile number or UPI address to transfer money from your account
- Now Verify person that your want to send money
- After checking, Enter amount in Rupees that you want to send
- Now enter “PIN” number to complete process
How to request for Account Balance
In the BHIM app, you can also request for the account balance. Now follow these steps to request balance in BHIM app
- Open BHIM app on your Android Smartphone
- In the Home screen of BHIM, you have to select “Bank Account” option on the bottom of screen
- In the Bank Account section, tap on “Request Balance” option to check the balance of your account.
BHIM app supports major Indian banks. Some of them are Allahabad Bank, Andhra Bank, Axis Bank, Bank of Baroda, Bank of Maharashtra, Canara Bank, Catholic Syrian Bank, Central Bank of India, DCB Bank, Dena Bank, Federal Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, IDBI Bank, IDFC Bank, Indian Bank, ,Indian Overseas Bank, IndusInd Bank, Karnataka Bank, Karur Vysya Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce, Punjab National Bank, RBL Bank, South Indian Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, State Bank of India, Syndicate Bank, Union Bank of India, United Bank of India & Vijaya Bank.
Change User name of BHIM app on your android smartphone
In the BHIM app, you can change your UPI address to receive payments from others. By default, it uses your mobile number to receive payments as a UPI address. But you can also set your own unique UPI Address to receive payments.
Steps to change your UPI address in BHIM APP
Step 1: First launch the BHIM app on your Android device
Step 2: Now tap on “My Profile” on the main screen of BHIM
Step 3: In the My Profile section, tap on “Add Payment Address” option
Here you can add your own Custom Unique UPI Address to receive payments.
How to change UPI Pin in BHIM app
In the BHIM app, you can also change your UPI authentication PIN, if you want to change. Now follow these steps to change your Current UPI Pin to New Pin.
Steps to change UPI PIN in BHIM App
Step 1: Open BHIM App on your Android device
Step 2: Here you have to select “Bank Account option.”
Step 3: In the Bank Account section, tap on “Change UPI PIN” option
Step 4: Here, you need to enter six digit PIN number & confirm the same PIN again
Step 2: After typing six digit pin number, tap on “Right” button to complete this action
Download BHIM App on your Android device from below.
It is very easy to use BHIM app to send and receive payment in India. Do you use BHIM app on your device? Have any questions or feedback regarding that? Feel free to share your views in the comment section below.