It is a good thing if your smartphone device has got the latest version of android. Most of the device which is running on android 4.4 KitKat OS, will have a facility to update the OS version up to the 5.0 Lollipop. But, whenever you have updated the 5.0 OS version on your device, there may be some errors will occur on your device. One of them error is that Google Play Store wont open on your device, after updating it.
The Google Play Store will not be able to open on your device after the device is updated to the 5.0 Lollipop OS. If you force it to open the play store, it will automatically be closed. If it will open then it will display an error message. Most of the users have faced this kind of problem, after updating their device up to the Lollipop Android OS.
There is mainly 4 reasons why you are unable to open your Play store.
- Google plays cache problems
- Google play services cache issues
- Remove & Add Google account on your smartphone
- The download manager is disabled.
So, to be straightforward, here we have discussed the solution of resolving an error of “Play store will not open”.
How to Fix Play Store wont Open Error
To resolve the play store error, just follow the steps mentioned below. The best thing about the solution is that you can solve this error by using your smartphone device. So, now just take a look at the solution.
Deleting Google Play Cache & Google Play service Cache
You can clear cache for Google Play & Google service using below steps. We have mentioned about how to clear cache for Google play store. You can follow the same tutorial for google play services.
- First of all, open the Settings of your Android smartphone
- Now, tap on the “Application manager”. Some devices do not have the option of “Application manager”, so for that, tap on the option of “Apps”.
- Then, swipe the screen and tap on the tab “All”.
- In tab “All”, scroll down the display and tap on the Google Play Store/Google play services. It will show you app information.
- After doing that, now to eliminate the error of play store, tap on the options in the following order.
- Firstly, tap on the Stop Force > Clear data > Clear cache > Uninstall Updates.
After tapping the options in above order, now you have to need of restart the device. To restart the device, press and hold the Power button of your device. Then, select the option of a restart. It will help you automatically turn off and turn on your device.
After restarting your device, now connect your device with internet connection and open the Google Play Store. Now, the “Play Store will not Open” error should not appear. You can enjoy the apps from Play store.
Remove & Add Google account on your smartphone
Download Manager is Disabled
You can easily fix play store error if the problem is with download manager disabled. We just need to enable download manager on our smartphone so that it will start working again.
How to Enable Download Manager on Android
- Go to Setting > Choose Apps or App Manager
- Click on all apps, scroll down and find out download Manager from there
- If it is disabled, then tap on enable to enable download manager
Now you are ready to go. Open your Google play store and try downloading any apps. Do you have any suggestions on, “how to solve google play app problems? Feel free to discuss it on the comment board below.
- [How-to Guides] How to enable Download Manager Application in Samsung Galaxy Grand (GT-I9082) Published by Samsung Support
- How To Add New Gmail Account on Android Smartphone Published on Theandroidportal.com