In this Article, you will be learning about how you can install and use android on your computer, laptop or netbook. The Android OS Works well on Smartphone & tablets but in this time Google’s Android-x86 project allows you to use Android Operating system on touch screen enable windows based PC laptop or tablets. Also you can enjoy this new feature on your existing Windows based PC laptop and tablets. If you are android operating system user, Android-x86 project help to Install Android on Laptop or desktop computer.
People knows Android Operating system is good for smartphone and tablets but the first question is “how does it work on Windows based PC or Laptops ?” Don’t worry about it because here, we would like to give you information about two methods, that help you to install and run Android Operating System for PC.
The Google’s New Android-x86 project is basically an unofficial version of Android that can be run on Intel’s x86 hardware architecture. With this features you’ll get access to some Android app that also run on smartphone or tablet. The Android-x86 also support trackpads, keyboard and USB drive.
Method 1 – Using Latest Android-x86 5.1
- First of all, You need to download Android-x86 latest operating system from android-x86.org/Download page.
- It’s 4.4 Kitkat can be runs smoothly almost every PC or Laptop with 32-bit Architecture.
- Now, You need to create bootable USB Drive using below methods.
Use Rufus to create bootable USB drive:- Rufus is a utility that helps format and create bootable USB drives, such as USB keys/pendrives, memory sticks, etc.
- It can be especially useful for cases where:
- USB installation media from bootable ISOs for Windows, Linux, UEFI, etc.
- Work on a system that doesn’t have an OS installed
- Flash a BIOS or other firmware from DOS
- You want to run a low-level utility
Use UNetbootin to create bootable Pendrive:– UNetbootin allows you to create bootable Live USB drives for Ubuntu and other Linux distributions without burning a CD.
- Now, You’ve got your Bootable USB drive. You can now boot your device from it.
After booting your device follow this step:
- If you just want to try Android on your device select “LiveCD mode” With this option you can see how well Android work on your device.
- if you want install Android Operating system on your PC or Laptop, Select “Install” option.
- Now that You have installed the Android 5.1 Operating System Successfully, you can enjoy all android based apps and games on your PC Or Laptop.
Check below video tutorial on Install Android on Desktop or laptop by techposts.org site.
Features Of Android-x86 5.1
The 5.1-rc1 release is based on the Android 5.1.1_r24. We added many x86 specific code on Android-x86 5.1 Operating system that runs smoothly on x86 platforms, especially for netbooks or tablets. The key features contain
- Supports 64-bit kernel and userspace, as well as 32-bit system
- With Update kernel to 4.0.9.
- Enable OpenGL ES hardware acceleration for Intel/AMD(radeon/radeonsi)/Nvidia(nouveau) chipsets
- Support booting from UEFI and installation to UEFI disk
- Be able to install to ext4/ext3/ext2/ntfs/fat32 filesystems via a text based GUI installer
- Support Multi-touch, Audio, Wifi, Bluetooth, Sensors, Camera and DHCP Ethernet only
- Automount external usb drive and sd card with file system vfat/ntfs/exfat/ext4.
- Support VM including Qemu, VirtualBox and VMware
- Support foreign archs (arm / arm64) via the native bridge mechanism. (Settings -> Apps Compatibility)
This way, you can Install Android on Computer easily, however if you don’t wish to change your OS, you should consider below option.
Method 2 – Installing Software to run Android on PC
You can also Install Android OS on Computer without any bootable software. Below are the two software that you can use as android emulator on windows. That does not replace your existing operating system. Most of peoples are using those softwares to run android OS on their computers. If you are looking for Free Android Software for PC, below are two recommended software that helps you to Run APK Files on PC.
- BlueStacks : BlueStacks is the best Android emulator on Windows based PC or Laptop. It doesn’t replace your existing operating system. Instead, it runs Android apps within a window on your desktop. This allows you to use Android apps just like any other program.
BlueStacks also includes support for easy installation of apps from Google Play, so the process is as seamless as possible. Even better, BlueStacks runs Android apps and games with surprisingly good performance.
- Android SDK : Google provides an official Android emulator as part of the Android SDK. You can use it to run the Android operating system in a window on your existing PC or laptop. This gives you complete access to the entire Android operating system.
It’s intended for developers to test their Android apps.Unfortunately, the official Android emulator is rather slow and isn’t a good option for everyday use. It’s useful if you want to test apps or play with the latest version of Android, but you wouldn’t want to actually use apps or play games in it.
Do let us know how do you use android on your computer? What is the best method to use android on PC, share your feedback in the comment below.