Are you facing problem after updating MX player app to the latest version? Mostly it will be related to playing dual audio movies on your smartphone, isn’t it?? Whenever you are trying to play dual audio movies, your MX player will show an error that AC3 not supported, and a movie will start playing but you will be unable to hear it’s audio.
If You can’t listen to the sound in video because the AC3 audio format not supported error in MX Player, here is the solution for that.(If you are looking for AC3 Codec Download, you will also get it from here). Most of the android users are facing this problem and but they can’t solve this issue in a player. The latest version of MX player is not supporting the AC3 codec. MX Player doesn’t support to play these audio formats because AC3 and other Dolby audio supports are now removed from the official version of MX Player.
Now you can get AC3 and Dolby Audio sound from your Existing MX Player app. All you need to do is download Custom Codec File and apply that your MX player app. With the Custom Codec, You can get Dolby and AC3 sound support in your current MX player app & you can hear any language audio on your MX player.
How to know which platform codec your device will support
- Open Your MX Player on your smartphone
- Tap on “Setting” Option & scroll down to the Decoder option
- Open Decoder and navigate to bottom of page
- You will find a “Custom Codec” Option
- For Using Custom Codec, First of all, you need to download “Custom Codec” File
Note: MX Player has many of version, If you don’t want to make all this trouble, You can download All in One Pack as well.
How to Install Custom Codec File in MX Player App
- Firstly Download the Custom Codec File from XDA
- Copy it to your Device’s internal memory
- MX Player will automatically recognize the codec file in your storage file
- After recognizing the app will ask you for confirmation of use the codec.
- Just Tap on “Ok” Button & you have done.
Note: If your MX Player app doesn’t recognize any Codec pack, you need to install manually from the Decoder Setting Page.
You can have one of AC3 & Dolby AC3 Codec Download from below according to your platform, For Know you Supported Codec File (You Can Download Direct From Here)
- Setting > Decoder > Custom Codec
MX Player AC3 Codec Download
MX Player Codec for 1.7.32-40
- Arm v7-Neon
- Arm v7-Tegra3
- Arm v7-Tegra2
- Arm v6 VFP
- Arm v6
- Arm v5TE
- x86 (MX Player Codec x86)
- AIO Pack
AC3 Codec for Android MX Player 1.8.0.Nightly.20151103 (not compatible with 1.7.x)
If you still having any problem in playing dual audio movies or still getting MX Player Android AC3 error, feel free to comment below. We will be happy to help you.