Do you know you can share your android device’s data connection with other device through WiFi? its called WiFi tethering.In some android smartphone you need to install WiFi Hotspot app to make device as Wireless hotspot, while HTC Desire Z comes with inbuilt feature, so that you can make it Wireless hotspot in just following easy steps.
First of all open menu from your HTC Desire Z smartphone and then find the icon that says Wi-Fi Hotspot. When you open it, you will see image as shown in image 2. With portable Wi-Fi hotspot, can share this phone’s 3G internet connection wit your PC via Wi-Fi.
Once you setup WiFi hotspot on your HTC Desire Z cell phone, you will be able to connect your laptop or other android smartphone via WiFi. So your HTC Desire Z will act as WiFi hotspot and all device will be able to use that WiFi 3G internet connection to access internet.
How to Activate WiFi Hotspot on HTC Smartphones:
- Once you open the WiFi hotspot app from your HTC Desire Z, you will see setting option to setup WiFi hotspot on your device
- On Router name(SSID), enter your desired name that will be appeared on any device when they search for new WiFi nearby.
- On security, you will see none, WEP128, WPA(TKIP), WPA2(ATS) setting. If you select none, your WiFi hotspot will be free access. Anyone can access your WiFi without any passwords. While you select other option, you need to set a password that can be used as authentication while connecting to your hotspot. I will recommend you to set password for your Wifi hotspot so that none else will be able to use it.
- Once you select security, you will need to enter your desired password that would be used to access that hotspot.
- Once password is setup, tap on the press to turn on WiFi hotspot. And your wifi hotspot will be activated, you will see the notification saying your WiFi hotspot is active on the notification bar.( Related : Use Laptop as Wireless hotspot)
Once it has activated, you can search for WiFi from your laptop, other android smartphone and connect with your HTC desire Z’s hotspot with your password you entered when setting up hotspot. Once you have connected, you will be able to browse internet connection.
Please note that if you are using HTC Desire Z as hotspot on your laptop, it might use more data as compared to mobile device. So it would be better if you use data limit android app like My data manager, 3G Watchdog to set it as per your internet data plan. So that you can avoid over usage of internet beyond your data plan.