Some time ago, the LG was the famous as TV and Electronic devices manufacturer company. But, since last decade, it is also known as one of the chief competitors in smartphone manufacturing. LG has also launched many smartphones along with some prominent features. The LG G4 Android phone is also one of them. But, after using this device continuously for some period, there may some problems occur into the mobile. At that time, you should have the knowledge of fixing them. But, what to do if not? Do not worry at all. Because here we will mention 11 most common problems with LG G4 and how to fix it.
LG G4 comes with a big 5.5 inches touch screen display and has 16 MP resolution Back camera. It supports Dual SIM card having 4G LTE Connectivity. The battery power up to 3000 mAh also comes with this smartphone. It runs on Android OS version 5.1 Lollipop along with LG 4.0 UI on the top. It is also powered by a magnificent 1.8 GHz 64-bit Hexa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor.
In short, regarding the features, LG G4 is smart buying choice if you are looking for good performance with 4G connectivity option. After long term usage, you might see some problems occurring into this LG smartphones. Mostly, the problems have occurred in the device is because of the carelessness of the users. In some case, the same thing happened due to the malfunction of the hardware and software. Here, in LG G4, may be both the reasons are responsible for the problems.
11 Common Problems with LG G4 & how to Fix it?
- Unresponsive Touch Screen
- LED Light Issue
- Slow charging Issue
- Automatically Rebooting of the Device without any Reasons
- Bluetooth Issue
- Wi-Fi Issue
- Device Lagging Issue
- Overheating Issue
- Screen rotation Issue
- Battery Draining Issue
- Screen splitting Issue
If you have also noticed some problems in your LG G4 smartphone, then do not worry. Because here we will discuss getting rid of from the problems.
So, now have a look at the discussion and keep solving the problems of LG G4 Smartphone.
1.) Unresponsive Touch Screen:
The touch screen issue likely occurs with most of the Android smartphone. This LG G4 is also one of them. When the touch screen is unresponsive, it seems that the sensitivity is fully disabled or not working. Sometimes, due to that, some clicks on display is also missed out. These all are symptoms of the unresponsive touch screen. And if you realise that your device is having this issue, then you must have to apply below tricks.
- Sometimes, the same issue occurs due to the keyboard lagging. If you are using the pre-installed keyboard on your LG G4 device, then change it. It should fix the problem. Then, you should have to try some other keyboard app like Google Keyboard, SwiftKey, Flash keyboard, Flesky and more.
- If you are protecting the device using the screen protector, then it may be the reason for it. Because sometimes the screen protector also creates some touch screen issues. If the problem is due to that, then you can fix it by just removing the screen protector.
- Sometimes, the activation of Force GPU Rendering option may also fix the touch screen problems. Some of the users have also used this trick to fix the issue. First of all, you have to go to Developer option on your smartphone.
- If you are not able to find developer option, follow the steps. Go to the Settings >> About Phone >> Software Info >> Build Number. Here, tap continuously for Seven times on the Build Number option. And a message appears as You are now a Developer. Now, come back, and you should see the Developer option above the About phone.
- Then, tap on it and find the Force GPU Rendering option. Here, just tap on the toggle to activate the Force GPU Rendering option.
- You can also fix this touch screen issue by taking the touch screen test of the display. You can quickly check the touch screen by using the Multitouch Test Android app. If your device has, it shows you all the defects of the touch screen.
- Even after trying all above fixes, the touch screen unresponsive issue continues, then try this. After applying all the tricks, if you don’t get the result when it seems like a hardware fault. If it is, then there is no option except replacing LG G4 screen. You can buy LG G4 Screen online from here.
2.) LED Light Issue:
Few of the LG G4 smartphone users have also complained that the Notification LED is blinking without any reason. And sometimes it is blinking continuously for the certain time. The blinks of the Notification LED annoys the users while using the device. So, to get rid of this LED issue, you must fix it.
- To solve this issue of flashing Notification LED light, First of all, go to the Settings >> Sound and Notification >> Notification LED. From here, you can quickly turn off the Notification LED.
- Main reason for blinking LED is your phone is receiving the notifications from third party apps. If you want to solve this issue, then you will have to uninstall third party apps that keep sending you a notification on your phone. And If you can not uninstall those apps, you should manually disable app notification.
Once this app stops sending a notification to your device, LED light will stop blinking continuously.
3.) Slow charging Issue:
We have researched so many forums and blogs to get a common problem of LG. We have found that there are few users are also complaining about slow charging on LG G4.They are also complaining that battery draining of the device is too fast compared to the charging. However, the charging issue is a very critical issue that happens with this LG phone. So, have a look at the tricks, which will help you to get rid of this issue.
- If you feel that the charging speed is too slow, then the Ampere Android app will help you. By using this app, you can get a better idea about what is happening with the charging speed. The Ampere app will help you to measure the charging and discharging current of your battery. Have you ever faced the charging rate fluctuation while charging the G4 device using a different charger? If yes, then this app will help you to calculate the current of the charger.
- While charging the LG G4 smartphone, do not forget to turn the screen off. This action should help you a lot to increase the charging speed. You can alternatively turn off the device while charging to improve charging speed. Also, keep in minds that never use the device when it is in charging.
- Some of the users also found that the heat of the device is also the reason of the slow charging. So, if possible, put the device in charging at a slightly cooler place. At that time, do not forget to remove the case/cover to prevent overheating.
- Many of the users have also suggested that removing of SD card(if corrupted). As damaged memory card create a heating issue with the device.
- If the issue is still there, you should consider replacing your LG G4 battery with this. Replacement of the battery. Also of that, you can also replace the charger which causes the issue.
4.) Automatically Rebooting of the Device without any Reasons:
The automatic rebooting is also one of the irritating issues. Not only you, but so many users are complaining about this problem. To solve this issue quickly, then you will have to try below-mentioned steps.
- Not all time, but sometimes, due to the external micro SD card such issue happens. Then, fix this problem by removing the SD card from the device.
- The bulk of the cached data should also be the reason behind this rebooting issue of the G4. Clear the cached data of those apps, which you seems that app causes the issue. To do so, just go to the Settings > App Manager > All Tab > Select the app > Clear data. Even after performing this, the issue continues, then it’s time to Wipe Cache Partition.
- To wipe cache partition, turn off the device and, press & hold the Power key + Volume Up key + Home key.
- Leave the Power key when phone vibrates, but still, holding the rest of two. Then, you should see the Android recovery screen.
- Here, use the Volume Down button to select the Wipe Cache Partition. After finding the option, select it by using the Power button. Wait till the process gets completed.
- This issue can also be done by entering into the Safe mode. The Safe mode will help you to recognise the apps that cause the issue.
- To boot device into safe mode, press and hold the Power button. It shows you pop-up. In which, once again tap and hold on the Power Off option. Then, you will get an another pop-up which is of about Safe mode. To enter into it, tap Yes.
- Now, if here you have also noticed such issue, then there is something which causes it. To get rid of this, just uninstall the app that you have recently installed on the device. You can also uninstall numbers of app one-by-one by coming back into the Normal mode.
- If you do not want to uninstall the apps one by one, you can restore device to factory defaults. But make sure you backup your data before doing so, as you will lose your important data following these steps.
- To Factory Data Reset, go to Settings >> Backup and Reset >> Factory Data Reset >> Reset Phone. The completion of this process will take awhile, so wait until the end of the process. If you do not get the Normal mode of the device, then remove the battery from the device. Wait for the 30 seconds, and again fit the battery into the device.
- If still, you are facing the automatically rebooting issue, you should visit nearby LG service centre if warranty exists.
5.) Bluetooth Issue:
Bluetooth was a blessed feature to share the files when there was no WiFi option. And along with the latest file sharing features, the Bluetooth gets ignored by most of the users. Although, some users still using this features with their device. To share the files using the Bluetooth, the pairing between two devices via Bluetooth is a must. However, peoples are still using Bluetooth using portable Bluetooth speakers or wireless Bluetooth speakers with their smartphones.
But sometimes, due to some malfunctioning in Bluetooth, this file sharing feature does not work properly. And, if you are also facing such Bluetooth issue, then to repair it as it was before, try the fix.
- To change some settings of the Bluetooth, you should have to visit Smart Settings option. To going there, follow the path, Settings > General > Smart Functions > Smart Settings.
- You can also get rid of from such Bluetooth issues, by reading the user manual of the device carefully. If you want to connect the device with the Car, then Car user manual also helps you. At there, reading the instructions of pairing correctly.
- Sometimes, lots of paired device on the smartphone also causes such issues. So, delete all that paired devices on your device and then try to make a pair with a new device.
- After all, to get better solution about it, just use the Bluetooth Auto Connect app. It is readily available at the Google Play Store with free of cost.
6.) WiFi Authentication Issue:
The Wi-Fi is a feature that allows you to use the internet without having a SIM on your device. It is a very great feature that now comes with all the Android smartphones. But, even after that, some users are also claiming that sometimes the Wi-Fi does not work properly. It means, it takes so much time to connect. If it is rapidly connected, then work slowly and may disconnect after some time automatically. If you have also faced such problems, then below fix will help you a lot.
- The easiest solution for it is rebooting your LG G4 device. Just turn off the smartphone, and wait for 2 – 3 minutes and turn it on.
- You can also fix it by Forgetting the older or previous connection. To do so, go to the Settings > Wi-Fi or Wireless Connectivity. Here, tap and hold on the network with which you have connected sometimes ago. Then, select the Forget option and try to Connect with it again.
- You also have an option of Smart Settings. To reach there, go through the Settings > General > Smart Functions > Smart Settings. Here, make changes if you can.
- Sometimes the Battery Saver apps or battery saver option in the device can also cause such WiFi connection issues. To fix it, you will have to deactivate the Battery Saver feature. To do so, go to the Settings > General > Battery and Power Saving. Here, check the Battery saver is activated, then disable it from there.
- You should also try an app, Wi-Fi Analyzer. It also helps you little or more. To download it, just go to the Google Store and search this app.
7.) Device Lagging Issue:
A few of the users of the G4 device have also been complaining about the lagging of it. In this issue, the screen seems unresponsive. Also of that, you comes to the home screen from anywhere in the device, even from the apps. The lagging should not suit on this graceful LG smartphone. So, to get rid of them, visit and perform following steps.
- Sometimes, the default LG Launcher also causes the lagging issue. At that time, try the new and different launchers on the device. It should help you to solve the lagging issue.
- Running too many apps in the background may be another reason for the slow performance of a device. Try killing background apps using task killer or manually.
- By disabling the Dual Window option, you should fix the lag issue. To do so, go to the Settings > General > Dual Window option. From there, you can deactivate the option.
- Some of the third party apps and games may also cause the lag issue. So, the deleting or uninstalling process of those apps will help you lots.
- You can also solve this issue by reducing the Animator Duration Scale up to a minimum. To make this change, you will have to need the Developer Option on the smartphone. To generate the Developer option, visit the first point. Then, come back to the main screen of the Settings. Here, go to the Developer option and find an option Animator Duration Scale by scrolling down the screen. Tap on it, to change the setting and choose the scale to 0.5X. You can also make it completely off.
- The Factory data reset also one of the solutions for this issue. To perform it, go to the Settings >> Backup and Reset >> Factory Data Reset >> Reset Phone. For more info, you can also visit above step, in which we have already mentioned this.
8.) Overheating Issue:
The overheating is one of the most common problems that occur with the latest smartphones. To get rid of them, the users are trying their fix. Some of them get success, while some are not. Also of that, this issue may also damage the device internally. But, what should be the fix that fixes overheating issue finally? Here are some tricks, which should easily fix the Overheating problem.
- If possible, do not use the G4 device in hot weather. Also, avoid the use of phone direct from the sunlight.
- Do not use the smartphone after placing it in the charging.
- You should also try the uninstalling of some error causing apps.
- The factory data reset also provide you with a better healing against the overheating problem. So, it also helps you, try it.
- You can also use the Power Saver feature. It will help the device to get cool down. So, whenever you seems that the device gets overheated, then just enable the Power Saver mode on your device.
9.) Screen rotation Issue:
Every smartphone comes with the Portrait as well as Landscape mode. As per your requirement, you can change the layout or mode of the device, from landscape and portrait. Some devices are having an option of Screen Rotation or Rotating. But, in the device, due to some reasons, the portrait images will be automatically converted into landscape mode. At this situation, you have to do something to handles the automatic rotation. Here, we are mentioning a couple of ways by which you can temporarily fix this issue. But, these all are not the actual solutions of this problem.
- You may get rid of from the issue by using a different camera app on your smartphone.There are lots of variety of Camera app. So, from there, choose the appropriate camera app for your LG G4 device.
- Sometimes, the default gallery app also causes such issues. So, by changing the default gallery app, you may also resolve this problem.
10.) Battery Draining Issue:
The Battery draining issue is also one of the main issues that users have complained most. This issue mostly irritates to all the users of smartphone device. All the users have also complained that the battery backup of their phone is too lesser. There are many of the aspects, which causes the battery draining issue on your LG G4 smartphone. One of the main reasons is the lots of installed apps on the mobile. When you have stored out of limit apps, apparently it will harm the device. More than that, it also plays a prominent role behind the battery draining.
Some of the users also claiming that the battery drain remains same even when the device is not in use. However, some users have also faced the much faster battery draining even after the complete charging of the mobile. So, what to do with the device which prevents the rapid battery drain? There is some fix by which you can prevent the fast battery drain, not even complete, but a little bit. Have a look at that and keep preventing the battery draining of the LG G4 Android smartphone.
Steps to fix LG G4 battery problems
- A battery replacement is one of the wisest tricks to apply on the device. Due to the old battery, the device also consumes more battery power. So, the change of battery may fulfill your complaint of battery draining issue. To buy a new battery, you can check Amazon.
- Sometimes, full brightness of the device will play a grand role in battery draining. So, you have to use the device by reducing the brightness up to a minimum. To do so, follow this path, go to the Settings > Display > Brightness. From here, you can also set a brightness manually. Often, the auto brightness is also the right scale for it. Alternatively using screen dimming apps will also help you a lot.
- Check that the wireless features on the device are enabled or disabled. Because The activation of the features without any need is also juice the battery. So, keep disabling the wireless features when not in use.
- You can also get the info that which app is using more battery power. Just go to the Settings >> Battery and Power saving >>Battery usage. This option will show you all the apps with the percentage battery consumption. It will teach you that how to use a particular app. Here, you can also save the battery power by activating the Battery saver. To make this option enable, go to the Settings >> Battery and Power saving >>Battery saver. Tap on the option to turn on.
- The syncing of all of your data will also drain the battery. So, it is also one of the solutions that deactivation of the sync. To do so, go to the Settings >> Accounts >> Google. Here select press option/menu to select the Sync off option.
11.) Screen splitting Issue:
Some of the owners of the LG G4 have also faced this unwanted issue.This issue is about the screen splitting. Sometimes, suddenly the device gets split into two halves. The solution of this issue is a must because it also damages the display of the device. To fix this splitting issue of the screen, below tricks are waiting for you. Try it and get a solution.
- Sometimes, the turning off of the device will temporarily fix this issue. So, you should have to try it, at least fix it for some time.
- The replacement of the device is also one of the best solutions. For that, you will have to go to the retailer of your LG G4 smartphone. But, before going there, do not forget to check the warranty period of it.
So, now we have completed the discussion regarding the 11 Problems of LG G4 and how to Fix it. In which, we have listed most occurring problems in LG G4 smartphone. If you seem that the device is suffering from the problems, then this discussion will help you a lot.
We hope that this discussion will be very useful to you. If any of those points helped you to fix your LG G4 smartphone, please share it. Share your views in the comment section below if you think we missed any important point.